Quote Originally Posted by missouriboy View Post
Well, here's another opinion on that.Spyderlovers forum is for people to talk about Spyders. Social media (Facebook) is for people to talk about themselves.
Don't kid yourself. Social media is social media. Doesn't matter what the "group" is talking about. Whether someone refuses to use it or not is up to the "variety of reasons" that LifeLongRider said. If you are worried about security, you are just as vulnerable here (on THIS social media forum) as you are on Facebook. When was the last time you posted here that you would be "going on a ride" somewhere? And for how long? You just told the entire world (anyone who could come to this site and read your post) that your house will (or could) be empty for a safe break-in. Happens all the time. And guess what? I did professional Computer Security for over 25 years. I could (if I wanted to) get your personal IP address simply by coming to this site and running a free downloaded program from the Internet. Once I have your IP address, I'm only one or two other steps away from your Social Security number, your bank account numbers, and if you are really careless (which most home computer users are)...most of your passwords too. But don't worry about me. I'm one of the "good guys".