Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 26 to 44 of 44
  1. #26
    Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Central VERMONT
    Posts
    12,990
    Spyder Garage
    0

    Default

    CAT delete, my two cents - I have one on my 14 RT with a baffle …. imho if the Monster ECU flash had been available that is the route I would have gone.... imho I don't think the weight savings is worth it ( 20 lbs. +/- ) on a 1150 lb Spyder ( plus 175 rider weight ) 20 lbs. isn't going to noticeably change anything. My RT was never in danger of Over-heating so that wasn't an issue. I got mine used from another member ( $ 150.00 ). Yes the sound changed a bit, but not much ( I'm happy I like my Tunes ) ….. For the price of the ECU change ...to me it's a no - brainer.... the Bang for the Buck is hugh. ………………..Mike

  2. #27
    Active Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Long Island new york
    Posts
    49
    Spyder Garage
    0

    Default

    I resolved the resonator issue by welding the smallest flowmaster muffler into the cat delete pipe. It is a baffled muffler and I got all my bottom end back. its the small muffler with one end offset. welded right in and was able to use the stock ends.

  3. #28
    Active Member guzzihack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Media, IL
    Posts
    102
    Spyder Garage
    0

    Default

    Did you take any pictures and what was the part # on the Flowmaster?

  4. #29
    Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Central VERMONT
    Posts
    12,990
    Spyder Garage
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by guzzihack View Post
    Did you take any pictures and what was the part # on the Flowmaster?
    look here - SUMMITRACING.COM …………. they sell flowmasters and have pics and specs ………… Mike

  5. #30
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    New Athens
    Posts
    3
    Spyder Garage
    0

    Default

    I just installed the rls cat delete system. Without any actual reading to show anyone. I didn't notice any notiable difference in low end performance. This is with just out of the box with no baffles installed. Exhaust has a little rumble with stock exhaust muffler at idle. I did notice the engine running cooler but then again its 30 to 50 degree depending on the time of day. The carpartment in front of the driver seat barely gets warm at all. Removing and then istalling the springs is not something I would want to everyday, but it wasn't that bad either. Install the cat delete let the thing idle for about 15 to 20 mins shut it off and restart and the computer will adjust for the change. After reading all the other comments I wasn't sure about doing this but now I'm sure glad I did it.

  6. #31
    Active Member 308gunner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    covina california
    Posts
    141
    Spyder Garage
    0

    Default

    Davewho...When you say you didn't notice any change...that's actually a good thing...that tells us that you're running close to factory stock..which is very important..you chose RLS....good choice!!!!
    If you haven't done so already..do a stage II RE-MAP...you will see what your spyder 1330 can truly do..there's a lot of untapped horsepower in that engine..

  7. #32
    Active Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Lodi WI
    Posts
    272
    Spyder Garage
    0

    Default simple test to feel low end power loss

    Quote Originally Posted by Davewho View Post
    I just installed the rls cat delete system. Without any actual reading to show anyone. I didn't notice any notiable difference in low end performance. This is with just out of the box with no baffles installed. Exhaust has a little rumble with stock exhaust muffler at idle. I did notice the engine running cooler but then again its 30 to 50 degree depending on the time of day. The carpartment in front of the driver seat barely gets warm at all. Removing and then istalling the springs is not something I would want to everyday, but it wasn't that bad either. Install the cat delete let the thing idle for about 15 to 20 mins shut it off and restart and the computer will adjust for the change. After reading all the other comments I wasn't sure about doing this but now I'm sure glad I did it.
    Anyone who wants a simple test to feel if your Spyder is suffering down low from a Cat delete is this.
    From a slightly slow rolling speed hold the throttle FULLY open. Usually there will be a bogging or hesitation until about 4,200 rpm.
    Stock our Spyders are very good through this rpm range. The riders reporting this hesitation or bogging feel are the more aggressive riders who use more throttle to get their Spyder moving.
    The hesitation is not a big deal for most riders as they adjust their throttle usage to it.

  8. #33
    Active Member 308gunner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    covina california
    Posts
    141
    Spyder Garage
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dennis in Lodi View Post
    Anyone who wants a simple test to feel if your Spyder is suffering down low from a Cat delete is this.
    From a slightly slow rolling speed hold the throttle FULLY open. Usually there will be a bogging or hesitation until about 4,200 rpm.
    Stock our Spyders are very good through this rpm range. The riders reporting this hesitation or bogging feel are the more aggressive riders who use more throttle to get their Spyder moving.
    The hesitation is not a big deal for most riders as they adjust their throttle usage to it.
    With the remap..the bogging is pretty well eliminated because you're getting a 100% throttle and not 70% which is stock.

  9. #34
    Very Active Member Wildrice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Westerville, OH
    Posts
    880
    Spyder Garage
    1

    Default

    The above from "Dennis in Lodi" is a very accurate evaluation of the cat delete. I took my cat delete back off & reinstalled the cat muffler the F3 came with. I had tried 2 baffles using the cat delete with less than adequate results. The Spyder needs the back pressure on low end & very few riders run on top end for any distance.
    Darrell

  10. #35
    Very Active Member PMK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    SoFlo
    Posts
    2,447
    Spyder Garage
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dennis in Lodi View Post
    Anyone who wants a simple test to feel if your Spyder is suffering down low from a Cat delete is this.
    From a slightly slow rolling speed hold the throttle FULLY open. Usually there will be a bogging or hesitation until about 4,200 rpm.
    Stock our Spyders are very good through this rpm range. The riders reporting this hesitation or bogging feel are the more aggressive riders who use more throttle to get their Spyder moving.
    The hesitation is not a big deal for most riders as they adjust their throttle usage to it.
    Dennis, can we have you more clearly or simply clarify with added details.

    As I read your post / test, essentially you are accomplishing a throttle roll on test for accelleration.

    You indicated from a slow rolling speed, open and hold the throttle wide open.

    Seems ideally, since this is a street test, not a dyno run, that the slowest reasonable speed in third gear could be best. With a manual gearbox, holding third is a non issue when going to WOT. I am not sure how the semi automatic will accept this.

    Adding more, the slow rolling speed you mention, I assume you are wanting around 2000 to 2200 rpm as a starting point, with WOT pull past 4200 rpm. If this is your target rpm range, then yes, it is likely anything regarding engine torque / pull below 3000 rpm or less would likely benefit from backpressure.

    As an early installer of the cat delete, after a few miles it bacame obviously apparent that the power delivery had changed. Stock, our RTS preferred to be short shifted at no more than 3500 rpm. With the bypass installed short shifting is no longer best. The engine revs more freely and now comfortably prefers shifts in the 4200 to 4500 range. Saying that, the engine is making more power and torque at the higher rpm and pulls stronger. Seems the key is how the bike is ridden. Other than parking lots or the driveway, maybe our neighborhood streets, the rpm is never below 2500 revs. On the typicall streets, outside the neighborhood, almost always, the rpm is utilized between 3200 and 4500. No doubt it may sometimes be lower, or even higher, but typically that range.

    Next time out, I will try your roll on test. Yes, I expect it to bog and dog until it winds up a bit. But for comparison, if a bypassed RT semi auto is ridden in the sweet spot of rpm, there is better usable power and the torque pulls hard through the previous oem falling off the power rpm point.

    This is based on a Lamonster bypass and oem muffler.

  11. #36
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    New Athens
    Posts
    3
    Spyder Garage
    0

    Default

    The only thing have notice if there is a stronger smell of exhaust fumes when stopping. May just be my imagination I guess. I will have to do research on the stage ii Re-MAP

  12. #37
    Active Member 308gunner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    covina california
    Posts
    141
    Spyder Garage
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wildrice View Post
    The above from "Dennis in Lodi" is a very accurate evaluation of the cat delete. I took my cat delete back off & reinstalled the cat muffler the F3 came with. I had tried 2 baffles using the cat delete with less than adequate results. The Spyder needs the back pressure on low end & very few riders run on top end for any distance.
    Darrell
    The cat delete that you added the additional baffles..what brand was the cat delete?...was it a la Monster or RLS?

  13. #38
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    So Cal
    Posts
    19
    Spyder Garage
    0

    Default

    Hey All

    I have recently installed the Two Brothers exhaust and cat delete and I definitely feel at difference at wide open throttle from launch. Is there a baffle that is recommend for the two brothers setup? I have a 2017 F3s. Should I reinstall the cat and get an Akrapovic exhaust for better sound? Not ready to flash test since I only have 1k miles

  14. #39
    Very Active Member PMK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    SoFlo
    Posts
    2,447
    Spyder Garage
    0

    Default

    Forgot to post back after doing roll on throttle tests.

    I did not compare the stock cat setup vs the Lamonster bypass without baffles, simply tried the roll on runs with our no baffle Lamonster bypass.

    The setup was riding two up, and pulling a RT622 trailer, with about 50 pounds in the trailer. 14 RTS SE6.

    Used third gear, initial rpm was about 2000 to 2200. I never ever ride like this, low rpm with roll on throttle. I ride with preference to keep the rpm acceptable for the gear selected and current speed.

    As described, two riders and trailer, grabbed a handful of throttle. The bike merely accellerated with minimal hard launch. Did several of these runs, and from that 2000 ish rpm it simply accellerated in a manner I expected. Not fast and race like, merely like a typical car without it downshifting.

    The key though, is when the rpm increased. As the revs increased, at about 3000 you could feel the engine power coming in. Not wheel spinning power, just a strong steady pull, even with the extra load.

    What does it all mean, there is no free lunch. As a rider and where we live, our Spyder very seldom is ridden at 2000 revs, nor is it always bouncing off the rev limiter. Our typical rides, and how I run the Spyder find it to commonly be run in the range of 3000 to 4500 rpm. With the no baffle bypass pipe, the machine pulls well. Yes it is louder than an oem setup with the cat litter box.

    No doubt a remap would gain more power, but also is not free. As I have mentioned before, an RT is no racer.

    No plans to change, sticking with the no baffles Lamonster bypass pipe. Never wanted the Harley rumble. The exhaust note for whatever reason has a good bark compared to others with the same exact setup. The power has a good feel and rpm range for us. And, yes, I track pretty much every bit of fuel burned, the mpg did increase by a very small amount. Not once but repeatably.

  15. #40
    Very Active Member PMK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    SoFlo
    Posts
    2,447
    Spyder Garage
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by derichio02 View Post
    Hey All

    I have recently installed the Two Brothers exhaust and cat delete and I definitely feel at difference at wide open throttle from launch. Is there a baffle that is recommend for the two brothers setup? I have a 2017 F3s. Should I reinstall the cat and get an Akrapovic exhaust for better sound? Not ready to flash test since I only have 1k miles

    We do not run a Two Brothers pipe. In the past, most owners found they needed to run the smaller end cap since your setup is essentailly a free flowing race setup and the Spyder does not prefer that.

  16. #41
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    So Cal
    Posts
    19
    Spyder Garage
    0

    Default

    I do have the p1x power tip/silencer installed. There are plenty of folks that run the two brothers setup. I’m just wondering if I’m shooting myself in the foot and should I install a baffle.

  17. #42
    Very Active Member PMK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    SoFlo
    Posts
    2,447
    Spyder Garage
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by derichio02 View Post
    I do have the p1x power tip/silencer installed. There are plenty of folks that run the two brothers setup. I’m just wondering if I’m shooting myself in the foot and should I install a baffle.
    Not sure about shooting yourself in the foot, what you have with the tip and rest of the system is what others tend to run.

  18. #43
    Very Active Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Northern Kalifornia
    Posts
    1,080
    Spyder Garage
    0

    Default Two Bros S1R too loud....

    I have the cat delete with one baffle followed by a Two Bros S1R. I've significantly reduced the heat out put and also reduced the weight by 30/40 pounds but the noise level has increased 2/3 fold. The Two Bros db killer tip is near on to worthless as a noise reducer. Two Bros makes a "comp cone baffle" which looks as if it may help noise reduction, if it will fit the S1R. I emailed Two Bros with that question but no answer back yet. From the looks of the comp cone baffle, it shouldn't be that difficult to reproduce one to fit the S1R. Some thin strips of perforated metal, some pieces of miscellaneous sized thin walled pipe and some various sized washers all tack welded together may do it. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't, and sometimes you end up with something other folks also want.

  19. #44
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    So Cal
    Posts
    19
    Spyder Garage
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 2dogs View Post
    I have the cat delete with one baffle followed by a Two Bros S1R. I've significantly reduced the heat out put and also reduced the weight by 30/40 pounds but the noise level has increased 2/3 fold. The Two Bros db killer tip is near on to worthless as a noise reducer. Two Bros makes a "comp cone baffle" which looks as if it may help noise reduction, if it will fit the S1R. I emailed Two Bros with that question but no answer back yet. From the looks of the comp cone baffle, it shouldn't be that difficult to reproduce one to fit the S1R. Some thin strips of perforated metal, some pieces of miscellaneous sized thin walled pipe and some various sized washers all tack welded together may do it. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't, and sometimes you end up with something other folks also want.

    What baffle did you use? Also is it on the engine side or on the muffler side. I currently do not have a baffle just the power tip. Wondering if there are any gains with the baffle or should I just leave it as it is

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •