I am toying with the idea of getting an F3 Limited that either my hubby or myself could ride -- with his ankle, we know there are going to be days when holding the heavy Indian up is not an option. I would like to add a CB to the F3 with the following setup (know this works because hubby has it on his Indian):

• J&M CB, probably with one of their "shorty" antennas tuned to the CB
  • J&M Bluetooth Interface -- provides a wired connection to the CB
  • The CB assembly is paired, via Bluetooth, to the bike as a headset.
  • On the Indian, the only function lost is the bike's digital control of the radio volume as it is now handled by the CB.

So, given the above set up -- my questions are:
  1. Which year do I buy?
  2. A 2018 with "built in" Bluetooth or a 2017 and then add a Bluetooth dongle?
  3. Can I even add Bluetooth to the 2017?
  4. Those familiar with the new dash -- have the updates allowed play of music through your paired headset or does that still play through the speakers only?
  5. Those familiar with Bluetooth in general on a CanAm Spyder -- do you think this will work? JCTHORNE, I think you installed a Bluetooth dongle on your wife's Spyder, but did not fully integrate with the radio and I believe it was an RT.

Lastly, please AVOID all commentary about using "old" technology. I know that and I don't care to read any opinions on the merits of CB vs. other forms of rider communication. I just want to get the above questions answered.

Thank you for your input …. All the Best …. Ann