New 18 F3T about a month ago. Yesterday riding down a 4 lane at 58 mph with cruise engaged the DPS light comes on and PS is dead. Took about 15 minutes from there to home where I let it sit for a minute or so. Cranked it back up, full PS working. Rode around town for 45 minutes or so no problem. Took it to my dealer this morning they cleared the code, said no other codes, must have been a "glitch". I rode around town much of the day no problem. This evening I went into full test mode. I duplicated the route from last night and sure enough about the same spot on the same road it coded again. I immediately pulled over, cut it off and did the reset. PS worked for about 5 seconds and coded again. I rode another mile to a two lane and decoded again. I rode back to town about 7 miles no code. This is a circular route as I turned back on the same 4 lane again, set cruise to about 58 and at the same spot it coded again. Same routine, reset, coded again in a few seconds, went to the same spot on the 2 lane and reset again. Rode back to town no problem. I did this circle four times and every time at the exact same spot on the 4 lane it coded. Short of cosmic rays it must be a time issue I told myself. In other words it comes on at the same place every time because it goes the same time and distance before it codes. I went and found another 4 lane where I could go same speed and distance and no code. I went about 4 times as far with cruise at 58 mph and no code. I'm leaving 10/13 for Daytona and I do not want to have to deal with this. Question one: anybody ever heard of this? 2: If I continue down the rode in code will it put me in limp mode? Thanks!
Steve