Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415 LastLast
Results 276 to 300 of 367

Thread: ECU Flash

  1. #276
    Active Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    34
    Spyder Garage
    1

    Default

    Thank you. Information from the manufacturer: Aggressive throttle response. Means the throttle opens faster / further at lower throttle position. Where some files are still in the development phase, which is why a normal Stage 2 is still recommended.

  2. #277
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    North Yorkshire uk
    Posts
    28
    Spyder Garage
    1

    Default

    the stage 2 agr tune has been updated today. i have been out for a quick test and i must say i am impressed throttle response is a lot snappier feels a lot more like a cable throttle now rather than ride by wire. the previous problem i had with the agr tune is now fixed

  3. #278
    Very Active Member AY4B's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Greenville Tx
    Posts
    2,257
    Spyder Garage
    1

    Default

    Are ECU's interchangeable with other spyders? I read a post where someone had 2 ECU's, One with stage 1 and the other with stage 2.
    2017 F3 Limited

  4. #279
    Active Member Jetfixer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Lake Wylie, South Carolina, USA
    Posts
    281
    Spyder Garage
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AY4B View Post
    Are ECU's interchangeable with other spyders? I read a post where someone had 2 ECU's, One with stage 1 and the other with stage 2.
    As long as you have both/all ECU's programmed the same for all the other functions, it wouldn't be any different than if you had a replacement engine.

  5. #280
    Very Active Member AY4B's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Greenville Tx
    Posts
    2,257
    Spyder Garage
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jetfixer View Post
    As long as you have both/all ECU's programmed the same for all the other functions, it wouldn't be any different than if you had a replacement engine.
    So lets say if I buy a second ECU and air filter cover, I could switch between tunes?
    2017 F3 Limited

  6. #281
    Very Active Member jcthorne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Houston
    Posts
    5,078
    Spyder Garage
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AY4B View Post
    So lets say if I buy a second ECU and air filter cover, I could switch between tunes?
    IF the second ECU was programmed to YOUR bike. you cannot swap ECUs among bikes without programming changes.

    Blue Flame Spyder F3-S

  7. #282
    Active Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Bavaria, Germany
    Posts
    140
    Spyder Garage
    0

    Default

    Hello AY4B,
    with the Maptuner X plus cable, you can switch between Stage 1/2 and your original setting. The upload takes about 5 minutes.
    2016 F3-S Triple Black SE6

  8. #283
    Very Active Member AY4B's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Greenville Tx
    Posts
    2,257
    Spyder Garage
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Batmobil-F3 View Post
    Hello AY4B,
    with the Maptuner X plus cable, you can switch between Stage 1/2 and your original setting. The upload takes about 5 minutes.
    Do they sell in the US?
    2017 F3 Limited

  9. #284
    Active Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Bavaria, Germany
    Posts
    140
    Spyder Garage
    0

    Default

    Sure, order here online https://www.maptunpowersports.com/tu...v/can-am/92131
    There may also be a dealer in your area (or in the USA) that offers Maptuner X.
    2016 F3-S Triple Black SE6

  10. #285
    Very Active Member AY4B's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Greenville Tx
    Posts
    2,257
    Spyder Garage
    1

    Default

    Has anyone here heard any stories of warranty work denied because of having this flash? Is it easy to see that it is done when doing normal servicing while the computer is hooked up?
    I do know it depends on the dealer. Some are even installing performance upgrades like exhaust and sway bars that are aftermarket. Some Bikes like Harley's require a re flash if you have upgraded the exhaust and intake.
    2017 F3 Limited

  11. #286
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    North Yorkshire uk
    Posts
    28
    Spyder Garage
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AY4B View Post
    Has anyone here heard any stories of warranty work denied because of having this flash? Is it easy to see that it is done when doing normal servicing while the computer is hooked up?
    I do know it depends on the dealer. Some are even installing performance upgrades like exhaust and sway bars that are aftermarket. Some Bikes like Harley's require a re flash if you have upgraded the exhaust and intake.
    i haven't heard any stories of warranty work being denied because of flashed ecu's . when servicing all they can see that might give it away is max rpm iv just had a service and the dealer didn't spot anything amiss. maptunerx has hardware requirements listed before install stage 101 and 102 have no hardware requirements stage 2 and stage 2 AGR require slipon exhaust. monsterfuel say any exhaust cat delete or stock combo for stage 1 and 2

  12. #287
    Very Active Member AY4B's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Greenville Tx
    Posts
    2,257
    Spyder Garage
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ddjim View Post
    i haven't heard any stories of warranty work being denied because of flashed ecu's . when servicing all they can see that might give it away is max rpm iv just had a service and the dealer didn't spot anything amiss. maptunerx has hardware requirements listed before install stage 101 and 102 have no hardware requirements stage 2 and stage 2 AGR require slipon exhaust. monsterfuel say any exhaust cat delete or stock combo for stage 1 and 2
    They only require a mod on Stage 2 for the Air box lid which is included in the price of a stage 2. Those holes they put in the lid would be a red flag for them depending on the dealer. I do not think the dealer I use would care. I would only do a stage one though.
    2017 F3 Limited

  13. #288
    Very Active Member AY4B's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Greenville Tx
    Posts
    2,257
    Spyder Garage
    1

    Default

    What are the advantages of increasing the RPM limiter to 8600 or more? I was planing on 8600 on my form but why not leave it at stock if the computer red flags the RPM over stock 8100?
    2017 F3 Limited

  14. #289
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    North Yorkshire uk
    Posts
    28
    Spyder Garage
    1

    Default

    the holes in the air-box lid was one of the reasons i went with the maptunerx they look like something i would of done when i was a kid and didn't know any better

  15. #290
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    North Yorkshire uk
    Posts
    28
    Spyder Garage
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AY4B View Post
    What are the advantages of increasing the RPM limiter to 8600 or more? I was planing on 8600 on my form but why not leave it at stock if the computer red flags the RPM over stock 8100?
    you get a little more power up top but its not usable as torque drops off at high rpm looks good on a dyno though. i have mine set at 8300 rpm even gunning it i am shifting at around 7600 where it seems to be making the most power/torque i don't think theirs much point in increasing rpm limit other than bragging rights

  16. #291
    Active Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    Saskatchewan
    Posts
    132
    Spyder Garage
    0

    Default

    With the MonsterFI stage I with a stock engine i have noticed a more noticeable difference between Econo on and off, throttle response is very different....engaging while at speed requires more throttle to maintain the given speed

  17. #292
    Very Active Member AY4B's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Greenville Tx
    Posts
    2,257
    Spyder Garage
    1

    Default

    Well I just put back on the ECU and took a ride. I could tell it had more horse power and a slightly different sound. no pushing the mode button to start but I had chosen to keep that feature. I took it past the stock RPM limit but did not hit the limit they were supposed to set which was 8600. to be honest, I expected a little more but I think someone said it kicks in better later on after some miles.
    2017 F3 Limited

  18. #293
    Active Member JS3535's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    Clovis, CA
    Posts
    231
    Spyder Garage
    1

    Default

    Mine took about 200 miles before it came alive.
    It really is a sickness!

  19. #294
    Very Active Member Peteoz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    Harrington, Australia
    Posts
    2,084
    Spyder Garage
    1

    Default

    AY, I got a stage 2 tune from Jase out here, and it required no changes to anything other than the ECU. What I immediately noticed (after 20km of taking it easy) was a much crisper throttle response, and the hesitation I used to get when I hit the freeway on-ramp in 3rd rather than 2nd, was completely gone. The difference in torque was noticeable. I know you only got a stage 1, but I would have thought that the above should be quite noticeable even on a stage 1. I had no interest in increasing rev limits, so I won’t be testing that

    Pete
    Harrington, Australia

    2016 F3 Limited - Setup for Tall.... 6'7", 330lbs, 38"inleg.
    Lamonster RIP Boards in Position#5
    F4 25" F3-L screen fitted to Madstad adjustable hardware.
    Russell Daylong custom seat with driver 1.5" rearset, 1.5" taller
    Lamonster Billy Club handlebars
    ECU Xtreme Stage 2 retune
    Bajaron Stabiliser Bar
    Wilber 630/640 shocks
    Kuhmo KH17 175/60 fronts-18psi / KU22 205/55 rear-20psi

  20. #295
    Very Active Member AY4B's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Greenville Tx
    Posts
    2,257
    Spyder Garage
    1

    Default

    I went on a ryde a week ago and at one point added around 5-6 dollars of regular cus thats all they had then later topped off with premium. Ill try using that gas up and filling up with all premium. I expect at some point for it to come alive like you say.
    2017 F3 Limited

  21. #296
    Very Active Member AY4B's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Greenville Tx
    Posts
    2,257
    Spyder Garage
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 308gunner View Post
    You may want to look at the RLS with an additional baffle.
    It's way better...Hypurone and Dennis in Lodi runs that on theirs with great success... I also run that setup on mine...make sure you order it with TWO baffles.
    That is what im doing. I have a Lamonster Cat delete and will get a RLS next week but use just the one baffle it comes with. He is having a sale threw June. 275 for his with free install at his shop.
    2017 F3 Limited

  22. #297
    Active Member JS3535's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    Clovis, CA
    Posts
    231
    Spyder Garage
    1

    Default

    I think Hypurone is selling his RLS. Might want to see if you can get good deal from him.
    It really is a sickness!

  23. #298
    Very Active Member AY4B's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Greenville Tx
    Posts
    2,257
    Spyder Garage
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JS3535 View Post
    I think Hypurone is selling his RLS. Might want to see if you can get good deal from him.
    which one does he have?
    2017 F3 Limited

  24. #299
    Very Active Member AY4B's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Greenville Tx
    Posts
    2,257
    Spyder Garage
    1

    Default

    I just ordered a full RLS exhaust with a Crusher muffler.
    2017 F3 Limited

  25. #300
    Very Active Member AY4B's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Greenville Tx
    Posts
    2,257
    Spyder Garage
    1

    Default

    I went for ryde #2 today. I was more impressed today. BIG DIFFERENCE!
    2017 F3 Limited

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •