Hi All,
May 16th I will be joining a group ( www.NVAR.US ) on a cross country Ride for Veterans. I will be riding my '15 RTS leaving from Auburn, California and ending in Washington DC for the Memorial Day Rolling Thunder event. I have never ridden a long cross country ride and am seeking suggestions on some of the necessities I should consider taking. This group rides in all weather conditions, and they say to expect it all. I do have a great rain suite, plan on taking a 1/2 and full helmet, heavy and light gloves. I have an armored pair of Levis and a pair of armored mesh pants for warmer weather. Since I will be representing the American Legion Riders for this I will want to wear my leather vest on the whole ride. Jackets are something I need suggestions on, I have a very nice Sedici leather Jacket with removable liner, but it's not comfy in hot water. I also have a BRP touring Jacket but it may be way to warm, Both jackets have full armor and I like that.
Anyway, I am open to suggestions from experienced long distance riders on what I should carry, both in the way of clothing and gear that I will be able to comfortably pack........