Page 14 of 21 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415161718 ... LastLast
    Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Since I got my spyder a the beginning of September ive just hit the 9000 mile mark! Happy to say Ive had zero issues with the spyder!

Spyder Garage

Over 6500 here. I just got my 5K pin and I think Lamont is correct, they are sending them every quarter instead of the 4-8 weeks mentioned on the website.
    Regards,
    BitSlayer

2015 Spyder RT Limited - Perl White
    - Having fun with my knees in the breeze

Spyder Garage

Got 8350 on my RT-S, will add another 1500 during memorial day week vacation to the outer banks.
    Happy Spyderlovers

zrc

Hit 10k heading back from Spyderfest, 5k miles from 3/9 to 4/29. Ryde much?

Spyder Garage

Right at 7000 after Spyderfest 2012...sending in pics and request for 5K pin this week. Bought the RT in October.
    Our 'Tardis' 2011 RT SE5 A/C Orbital Blue & 622 Trailer
    HMT Brake Lt, KewlMetal Hwy Brkts, Corbin Seat w/heat & backrest, Custom Dynamics Fender Tips & Mudflap LEDs, Gorilla Alarm, Stebel Horn, Xenon Depot HID Kit, SpyderPOPS Radiator block & BumpSkid, RumblingPride TCM flag mts, Elkas, BRP Fogs, Garmin 665, Alaskan Leather ButtPads, Gremlin Bell, GripBuddies, his/her htd gear power jacks, KewlMetal Perf Air Intake, BajaRon plugs/wires & Anti-Sway Bar, Baker Belt Stabilizer, Baker Mug.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Clocking 93xx (1800 avg per month)

Spyder Garage

I just did my 6,000 mile maintenance and all is ready for my 2,000 mile trip to Key West, Fl. But a 4 to 5 hour job turned into a 10+ hour job, over 3 days. I also replaced my two front "Y" pipe gaskets with the Honda gaskets and I'm glad I did. When I pulled the old gaskets out the one on the right was showing signs of a small leak.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

.My husband and I bought our Spyder RT- S April 16th 2011.I don't remember right off hand how long it took to put the first 5000 miles on it, but I took the picture of the odometer and of my husband on it , sent it in and got the 5k pin pretty quick. I was so excited when we made 10,000 miles one year later on April 15th I took the pictures and got ready to email it when I realized next pin is 25k!

Spyder Garage

Default 5700 miles since June, 2011...

Now I gotta send for my pin!
    Regards-

Frank.

2014 Cognac RT-S SE6 1330
    2011 Viper Red RT-S SE5 998 (sold)

Spyder Garage

Rolled mine over 15,000miles the same day I hit a deer. Should be 25,000 by the end of the season this year.

Spyder Garage

Just went over 30,000 today. I have had my spyder since June 2008.
    But I have had it in the shop a few months at a time for some repairs.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by LittleJohn View Post
    Ive got just under 12K before I had to take a break.

Hopefully Ill be back on in a couple months and start rackin em up again.

BTW, I believe I did recieve my 5K pin from BRP after took it in for its first service. I believe thats how thay are keeping track of those pins, so if your a do it yourselfer, they may not be recording your mileage....????

What does the 6k service consist of? I have gotten 2 different explanations from spyder dealers here in Atlanta

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by MikeinGA View Post
    I just did my 6,000 mile maintenance and all is ready for my 2,000 mile trip to Key West, Fl. But a 4 to 5 hour job turned into a 10+ hour job, over 3 days. I also replaced my two front "Y" pipe gaskets with the Honda gaskets and I'm glad I did. When I pulled the old gaskets out the one on the right was showing signs of a small leak.

What did they do at 6k service

Doru the Destroyer-Spyder Photo Investigator docdoru's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Steady at 130,000 miles...
    2013 "Silver Dream" GG Taurus
    2008 "Silver Dream" Spyder RS
    Einstein's theory of drag racing: Time and Speed are Relative.
    Shut up and Race!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by docdoru View Post
    Steady at 130,000 miles...
    Its safe to assume this is a joke right? I'm a newbie (never had a bike) and considering a spyder, but I am very hesitant to spend $30K on something which I am not confident could last 7-10yrs for 100K miles. And in my research, I've yet to see a majority of folks who have 75K+ miles. I would think after 4 yrs or so of these being on the market there should be a plethora of individuals in this category, yet I'm not seeing it, which leads me to believe these bikes must die/crap out well before then. Can someone prove me wrong? I really want to buy one of these bikes but I cant justify it in my mind unless I can see some kind of substantial evidence/proof that my long term hopes of getting 7-10 yrs or 100K out of these are true or just wishful unrealistic thinking on my part...

Spyder Garage

I broke the 5,000 miles barrier yesterday in a ride to Key Largo, Fl, with friends. The more I ride my 2011 RS, the more I enjoy it.
    Cheers 😃

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Teddys favorite human CyncySpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Thumbs up Docs not joking & we have over 25,000 miles of Smiles in 1years worth of ryde'n

Quote Originally Posted by hayesb2 View Post
    Its safe to assume this is a joke right? I'm a newbie (never had a bike) and considering a spyder, but I am very hesitant to spend $30K on something which I am not confident could last 7-10yrs for 100K miles. And in my research, I've yet to see a majority of folks who have 75K+ miles. I would think after 4 yrs or so of these being on the market there should be a plethora of individuals in this category, yet I'm not seeing it, which leads me to believe these bikes must die/crap out well before then. Can someone prove me wrong? I really want to buy one of these bikes but I cant justify it in my mind unless I can see some kind of substantial evidence/proof that my long term hopes of getting 7-10 yrs or 100K out of these are true or just wishful unrealistic thinking on my part...
    And Teddy and I just clicked over 25,000 miles in just over a year of ryding our 2011 RT-S. A couple of things for you to keep in mind. The RS model came out in 2008, but the RS is the "Sport" version of the Spyder, so its not really designed for long road trips like the RT version is. Many RS ryders I know, have met & talk with regularly say after a couple of hours on the byke, their comfort level is greatly deminished due to the hunched over ryding position & constant wind turbulance beating you up, which is what you get from a "Sport" model. In 2010, BRP came out with the RT Spyder, which is built for long distance road touring, with an almost upright seating position & ryder adjustable wind shield, to help provide a more comfortable ryding position and enjoyable long distance ryding experience. Not to mention the inclusion of the 2 additional saddle bags along with the rear trunk for much needed cargo space for those long distance trips. I think with the addition of the RT model, you will see many more Spyder Ryders reporting many thousands of miles of smiles much more rapidly than the RS ryders have thus far accumulated. This is not to say that their aren't many RS ryders out there that have added risers, shields, seats and other mods to make their RS's more comfortable and log as many (if not more) miles of smiles than some of the RT ryders. Another fact to keep in mind is that most ryders are seasonal & depending on where they live, have only a limited few months to get out and enjoy their ryde. Teddy & I use his Red Sled as our daily driver, and ryde year round & LOVE it,. As for your concern, only time will tell, but I think many other Spyder Owners would agree, the price is definately NOT cheap, but the enjoyment and experiences that we ALL enjoy from ryding our Spyders are priceless & Oh So worth it

Doru the Destroyer-Spyder Photo Investigator docdoru's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by hayesb2 View Post
    Its safe to assume this is a joke right?
    Meet me in Durango CO June 20-22, 2012.
    2013 "Silver Dream" GG Taurus
    2008 "Silver Dream" Spyder RS
    Einstein's theory of drag racing: Time and Speed are Relative.
    Shut up and Race!

Spyder Garage

I have a 2011 RS Se5 with 13,000 on it as of today I just put it in for the 12,000 service It's spyderfest fault that I went over Hubby has 31,000 on his 2010 RT Se5. The problem we have we have to work for a living and you only get a few days of Vacation. Or we would have more. Hubby has no intention to sell his until he gets to 100K and neither do I.

Hand grips
    GPS holder
    Buttler mug holder
    Running lights front and rear
    12V plug in
    Graphics

Spyder Garage

5134 miles as of today 5/14/one year old.

Spyder Garage

I have 17,800 miles on my 2010 RS with one issue, clutch went bad at 7200 miles but the oil I put in was mismarked from Mobile 1, they paid and my wife has 15300 on her 2009, the only issue was the oil sensor went bad. Repaired under warranty. She rides her Honda a lot but for trips, s is the way. Both are RSS but modified mine with risers and seat for comfort. Never would I sell or trade my .

Very Active Member sealfloorboards's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

As of today, I ridden 6,500+ miles since leaving for SpyderFest on April 15th and I not home yet. However, I do...........

Ride in comfort,

John
    Seal FloorBoards

Spyder Garage

Cool

Passed the 8100 mile mark on my way home today.

Spyder Garage

Rolled over 5000 last night....... 2011 rt

Spyder Garage

Default 5000 miles

Hit the 5k mark 2 days short of my 1st year with the spyder. Fantastic day with a great ride!

5000 safe and trouble free miles!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Rewaco RF-1 GT

Inline 4 cylinder Ford Zetec with multi-port fuel inject, 140 HP
    0-60mph: 5.8 seconds
    5 speed sync manual with reverse, mechanical dry clutch.
    Front suspension: Trapezoidal fork with center spring
    Rear suspension: Independent with Bilstein gas shock absorbers
    Brake System: Grimeca calipers, linked ventilated discs, with booster
    10.57 gallons