Spyder Garage

Default A new Spyder TT in the works?

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Cool! It's like what I was wanting in an "expedition" version of a Spyder. Less tupperware, made for trails.

3 observations:
    1. It says it would have a CV transmission, but it shows a clutch lever in the illustrations.
    2. They show a handlebar brake control.
    3. Leaning seat? That will get people interested, fer shur.

Now they'll just have to have a way to attach a couple of paniers & I'd be ready to go!
    PrairieSpyder (Patti)

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Pretty cool!
    Let me know when the "Everest Expedition" model is being released...
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

"Charles Bombardier" .. at least it'll have good lineage. Wonder if it will get as hot, too?

I can't see it being very hardcore trail ready, too wide for singletrack. Bet it'll be a hoot on sand dunes with those paddle tires though.
    When life throws you curves, aim for the apex
    Current stable: 09 Thruxton / 09 FZ6
    Sold List: 97 Ninja500R, 03 SV650K3, 01 Ducati 750Sport Dark, 73 CB350/4, 03 F650GSA, 08 Gixxer600, 03 Gixxer600, 91 VFR750F, 09 KLX250, 06 Thruxton 900, 08 Spyder RS , 12 Street TripleR, 15 RC390, 02 VFR800, 09 KLX250S, 10 F650GS
    JLohPhotos
    ... Motorcycles are kind of like Baskin Robbins... You're looking at 31 flavors of ice cream, don't you kind of want to know what they all taste like?...
    2008 GS , Millennium Yellow

Spyder Garage

It won't work for the trails I rode last Sat. No way to straddle the deep ruts with 3 wheels. Where is the that winch? Like the looks and lack of plastic around the engine. find a trail and just add water. Boy do I need to get a GoPro.

Teddys favorite human CyncySpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Thumbs up Looks interesting ............... that's for sure

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

More cool stuff on his web site here is the link

http://charlesbombardier.com/2013/04/16/trailtrike/

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

From reading the comments I see it would be 3-wheel drive. I like!
    PrairieSpyder (Patti)

Spyder Garage

165 hp 2 cylinder engine sounds great, until I saw it was a 2 cycle, not 4 cycle.

2014 RT Limited Cognac ----- Wraps, skid plate, lights, Elkas
    2002 harley ultra classic
    2008 hayabusa

Spyder Garage

A little on the "spacey" side for me. Neat design for sure. Not something I would buy, since I am not into trail riding.

I like the mention of the CVT transmission. I have that on my new car, and its neat how it just goes without the noise and feel of the shifting gears.

Someone mentioned two cycle engine--I thought those were now considered as dinosaurs?

Last edited by ARtraveler; 07-10-2013 at 04:20 PM.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

BRP has a whole TON of experience with CVTs...

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

"Bombardier mounted the front disc brakes on the chassis of the vehicle instead of on the wheel hubs."

Just like their quads.

Spyder Garage

Default Don't know..!!

cool looking..for sure..customers..no doubt..practical..don't know I think trails are best handled by two and four wheelers...!! Jmo
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

The motor description sounds like a skidoo e-tec 800
    2017 Chevrolet Camaro SS convertible. 2017 GMC Sierra cc diesel. 2017 Arctic cat RR 137 ES

Spyder Garage

Off-road already been done...... Rotax powered... looks pretty familiar eh?

0-60 in 2.5 seconds..... in the sand......

Spyder #1 - 2008 GS SM5 Premier Edition #1977. RIP after 80,000 miles.
    Spyder #2 - 2012 RT SM5. Traded in after 24,000 miles.
    Spyder #3 - 2015 F3 SM6. Put 13,000 miles on and sold it.
    Spyder #4 - 2017 F3 SM6. Too good of a deal to pass up!

Spyder Garage

If I can afford it I would so buy this.

Doubt if the production vehicle will look as cool as the prototype but this would be the Spyder for the zombie apocalypse.
    2009 Spyder RS (non operational)
    2022 Spyder RT Limited
    2022 RT Limited , Carbon black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    Off-road already been done...... Rotax powered... looks pretty familiar eh?

0-60 in 2.5 seconds..... in the sand......
    The music was beyond prefect!

The machine...
    I didn't see any extra idlers hooked to the hyfax. The sand and heat will probably reduce them to melted mush in no time!
    And WHEN (Not if!) you auger in on top of that radiator; you're done! They need to redesign the cooling system for far more protection!

But it does have potential!

Spyder Garage

The newer ones have dual radiators positioned above each front wheel. They also have all kinds of military gear you can mount...... Guns and whatnot. Guess they're mainly used for military patrols in the desert. Cool stuff for sure.

Spyder #1 - 2008 GS SM5 Premier Edition #1977. RIP after 80,000 miles.
    Spyder #2 - 2012 RT SM5. Traded in after 24,000 miles.
    Spyder #3 - 2015 F3 SM6. Put 13,000 miles on and sold it.
    Spyder #4 - 2017 F3 SM6. Too good of a deal to pass up!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by akspyderman View Post
    A little on the "spacey" side for me. Neat design for sure. Not something I would buy, since I am not into trail riding.

I like the mention of the CVT transmission. I have that on my new car, and its neat how it just goes without the noise and feel of the shifting gears.

Someone mentioned two cycle engine--I thought those were now considered as dinosaurs?

In 2005 Ski-doo re-released the Mach Z with a 171hp Semi-direct Injected 1000cc twin. That "dinosaur" had better emissions ratings than the Yamaha 4-strokes and is still one of the baddest "Lake Monsters" out there. I can speak from experience about the power and fuel efficiency of that sled. Since then they have brought the "E-tec" and "ACE" motors to the market. I am willing to bet that if anyone can "Doo" it, Bombardier can.

What I am wondering is why the guy from Alaska is not more well versed in snowmobiles???
    Three in the garage, and I think I can fit at least one more in.....and then we will have to build another garage.
    The roads in NY are so bad that I am glad we bought a Ryker Rally

Just sayin'............

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Sleds in "49" are considered in a different light than they are down here...
    Longtacks for hauling are valued; not Lake Shorteners...

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by otter28169 View Post
    In 2005 Ski-doo re-released the Mach Z with a 171hp Semi-direct Injected 1000cc twin. That "dinosaur" had better emissions ratings than the Yamaha 4-strokes and is still one of the baddest "Lake Monsters" out there. I can speak from experience about the power and fuel efficiency of that sled. Since then they have brought the "E-tec" and "ACE" motors to the market. I am willing to bet that if anyone can "Doo" it, Bombardier can.

What I am wondering is why the guy from Alaska is not more well versed in snowmobiles???
    The only difference with the Yamaha 4-strokes and the 1000cc Rotax is that I have seen many Yamaha 4-strokes with over 20000kms and going strong but few 1000cc Rotax engines that were not blown up before they hit 5000kms. 4 strokes are by far stronger engines in just their design alone.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by otter28169 View Post

Ouch! I see the joke sign though. Sorry, but I don't drive snowmobiles and have never driven one while here in Alaska. You cannot use them on public roads, so that discounts riding in my neighborhood. Most of the places people go to ride are avalanche areas, or very rugged--of the type you would not want to break down and get stranded. We lose a few snowmobilers every year here.

RE: two cycle--I was not aware they were still using these. I did have one motorcycle, (1964 Yamaha 80, a one lunger), two cycle, and I did have a car (1966 Saab, 3 cylinder--four on a tree--add oil to a tank for mixing.) Very anemic vehicle and got only 35 mph in those days. That's my total experience with two cycle other than chain saws and weed eaters.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

That might not be completely due to the engine...
    How they're being run has a lot to do with it as well ...
    A two-stroke that's been tuned to within an inch of it's life in the quest for the lowest e.t.s is just doomed right from the start...

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

No, thanks! I'll stick to two wheels in the dirt. But as far as the 2-stroke vs. 4-stroke argument, the only advantage that a 4-stroke has is that it oils better allowing it to turn higher RPM's, and with the latest technology it's losing that. Two-strokes make more power per cubic centimeter and a lot more power per pound of weight. They are almost maintenance free compared to 4-strokes and much, much easier to work on. The most fun street bike I ever owned was a Yamaha RD-350, 2-stroke twin. It would accelerate with most 750's even handicapped by an unskilled rider. Most of the Japanese companies have stopped building 2-stroke dirt bikes except a few motocrossers. Partly as a result of that, KTM, which still builds excellent 2-stroke off-road bikes has almost taken over the off-road market. At our club's National Enduro in March, I worked the start and checkpoint 11, near the finish. My guess would be that at least 75% of the bikes we checked through were 2-strokes. Two-strokes aren't dead by a long shot and I hope I live long enough to see them make a comeback on the road. Cotton Oh, I forgot, 4-strokes also have the advantage of better fuel economy but fuel economy isn't usually a big consideration in the dirt and new 2-stroke technology is improving 2-stroke fuel economy as well as emissions.
    Last edited by bikeguy; 07-11-2013 at 03:45 PM.