Spyder Garage

Default Start of day 4 Springfield today sure hope so!!!

Good morning all:
    I thought yesterday was just sort of a ho hum day of ryding with a "Here's your sign!" Moment. The absolute big moment was when saw two other spider riders Steve and Roslyn we both stopped refueling food at the same place. I was so excited to see two other Spyder lovers that I did not know before and we got to ride together for a couple hours so nice. They are headed to there first Spyderfest!! That was the best part of Yesterday's ride.
    Just a few statistics on day 2 rode 608 miles and yesterday 680. I really like to make Springfield today that's a long ride for me see what happens. Plus the weather is looking kind of wonky which will slow me down. I just want to share something with you I think I discovered something totally un-American. This town Tucumcari New Mexico does not have a Walmart! My 2 block long town has a Walmart..
    For those of you that "Traveled" with me last year know that I like to hand out one of those here's your sign mostly to me.. Like the time I spit out my used gum forgot to lift the shield on my helmet!! Also I truly believe that the only dumb question is the question that's not asked but yesterday I may change my mind!!
    Let's set the scene I am 25 or so miles west of Gallup New Mexico. Fueling up the wind is blowing very hard it is snowing the snow is swirling around not settling too wind just swirling. After going in the convenience store I come out searching my Many pockets looking for my very favorite farmer John handkerchief. You know one of those man-size hankies it does everything from wiping boogers to be a tourniquet ! So not really paying attention now remember I look like a cross between the Pillsbury doughboy and the Michelin Man I am so dressed to stay warm. I Look up and I kid you not here Is the next poster child for CrossFit for ladies... appropriately dressed for Hawaii . In flip-flops shorts and tank top. She is checking out Ms. Spyder so I decide this conversation won't last long she's freezing to death. I waddle up say hi she gives me this kind of horrified look and said are you sick? Said don't think so why do ask? She says well you have cords hanging out of your sleeves and out of your bellybutton are you on some kind of a medicine ? OMG I so wanted to bust out laughing but she was so concerned. So said no just part of my four layers of clothes these are the electric ones That keep me warm. By this time I'm looking at her and her goosebumps on steroids they look like mountains and they've got snow on the top of them!!! Told her no I do not get cold but if I was dressed like you I would freeze to death. And here comes folks she says" why would that be are these machines cold?" HERE'S YOUR SIGN LADY!
    Everyone have a great day I am off to load up and ryde on..
    me
    My Motto Is:
    Live my life in such a way that when my feet hit the floor in the morning...Satan shudders & says "Oh, crap, SHE'S awake!"

Red Stallion: 2016 F3t SE6 (from Pitbull PowerSports/ Springfield, MO)
    White Knight: 2014 RTS SE6 and matching 622 trailer (from Pitbull
    PowerSports/ Springfield, MO)
    Ms Spydee: 2010 RT SE5

SpyderLovers Sponsor scooterexpress's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

sounds like your trip is some trip with all that weather your going through.keep the 3 wheels on the ground and we will see you at spyderfest. that girl you ran into you could of told her that if you jump up and down after sex you won't get pregnat no sense in her breeding we got enough of those floating around earth now,but then there's they ol texas sayin you might be a redneck if.....

Tall flag mount, spyderpops skid plate & stainless steel screen mesh, airhawk adjustable cushion, raised white lettered tires.

Spyder Garage

Thanks for the update MurphyB. You are really something. Riding over 600 miles a day. I love to ride but I wouldn't enjoy 600 miles or more a day. Be safe and I'm glad you're taking your time on this trip.

Current: 2018 F3 Limited
    Previous: 2011 RT with 622 Trailer

Mods:
    F4 Customs 25" Windshield
    F4 Customs Air Wings
    Spyderpops Top Case/Seat Extender
    TackForm Phone Mount
    Lamonster Ram Ball Handlebar Mount
    Show Chrome Passenger Armrests

Spyder Garage

Like the time I spit out my used gum forgot to lift the shield on my helmet!!

!cid_AA0ADE218ADF41B091F5D093FDD74B55@ToniPC.jpg

USAF '69-'89 E7
    Thailand/Vietnam 1972
    Member: Royal Order of Rat Bastards

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Let's fill in the blank. I think God put some people on this earth just to __________________. Thanks for the update Murph. I look forward to your posts everyday. Keeping you in my prayers. Ryde safe!!

GOS Founding Member (Girls On Spyders)

Spyder Garage

Oh my gosh, Karyl! I needed that laugh to start the day . Be safe, syster! See you soon!

Teddys favorite human CyncySpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Cool I needed that. You put a smile on my face Murph, stay safe & keep'm come'n

Aren't you so glad that you met her in sandals in the parking lot and NOT with her behind the wheel on the road

Spyder Garage

Good stories MB, keep up the good work.

Be safe and keep an eye on the sky. The weather in the central part of the country does not look good.
    Here's To A Great Riding Season, Snowmobile That Is

"​Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt"

"Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day.
    Teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime.
    Give a man religion and he will die praying for a fish"

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I'm hoping that snow you saw is gone by this weekend when we head out or I may just freeze my butt off. Tucumcari may not have a Walmart but they do have a giant wind turbine right downtown. Where did you stay in Tucumcari? FlamingoBabe's friends own the Motel Safari there and it looks fun. We are staying there on Sunday night.

Ride safe today. You have plenty of time to get to Springfield so don't push yourself too hard.
    2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Spyder Garage

Default Going good..!!

as far as your progress. Weather not helping but the little comedy scene must have given you a lift..stay safe..!!
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Next time you run into somebody who's a few sandwiches short of a picnic...Heres-Your-Sign.jpg
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

I really enjoy your daily post. Something to look forward to for all of us not traveling.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Great ride

It sure has been fun reading about your journey. Hope to meet you at Spyderfest. Mike&Suzette

Spyder Garage

Isn't it fun to meet "interesting" people? See you soon!

Spyder: 2011 RT Limited w/ RT-622 trailer
    Mods: ESI Brightsides, RT Rear Brightsides, HMT Brake Light, Scuff Guards, Utopia Backrest, Chrome, and more Chrome, Pearl White Rear View Mirrors, Rear Fender, and Dashboard, Black Rear Wheel and Belt Assy, SpyderPops Heat Shields & Bump Skid, Elka Stage 1+ Shocks, 2012 SF Graphics, Silver Carbonfiber Dash, Corbin Arm Rests, Baker A.W., BRP Vented WindShield. BR's Sway Bar, Tricled White Halo Lights, BadBoy Air Horn, Spyder Legs Floor Boards

Spyder Garage

Default I needed a good story and a laugh

MB,

We never met but I enjoy reading your post and that was a great here's your sign moment........ Be safe on your journey to Spyderfest...... And hopefully we will meet this year on a ride in Washington State..

Lil rabbit
    Silverdale, WA.

Spyder Garage

Thumbs up

Never Stop, You are an inspiration to all of us

When all is said and done......well it must be time to ride~
    2 Stricklands, Steve & Barb
    2011 RT AC, SE5
    Trailer for Travel and/or Golf Clubs
    Power outlet up Front
    Floorboards
    Voltmeter replacing old gas gauge
    Oil Pressure gauge replacing old temp gauge
    Turn Signals on mirrors

]

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by murphybrown View Post
    Good morning all:
    I thought yesterday was just sort of a ho hum day of ryding with a "Here's your sign!" Moment. The absolute big moment was when saw two other spider riders Steve and Roslyn we both stopped refueling food at the same place. I was so excited to see two other Spyder lovers that I did not know before and we got to ride together for a couple hours so nice. They are headed to there first Spyderfest!! That was the best part of Yesterday's ride.
    Just a few statistics on day 2 rode 608 miles and yesterday 680. I really like to make Springfield today that's a long ride for me see what happens. Plus the weather is looking kind of wonky which will slow me down. I just want to share something with you I think I discovered something totally un-American. This town Tucumcari New Mexico does not have a Walmart! My 2 block long town has a Walmart..
    For those of you that "Traveled" with me last year know that I like to hand out one of those here's your sign mostly to me.. Like the time I spit out my used gum forgot to lift the shield on my helmet!! Also I truly believe that the only dumb question is the question that's not asked but yesterday I may change my mind!!
    Let's set the scene I am 25 or so miles west of Gallup New Mexico. Fueling up the wind is blowing very hard it is snowing the snow is swirling around not settling too wind just swirling. After going in the convenience store I come out searching my Many pockets looking for my very favorite farmer John handkerchief. You know one of those man-size hankies it does everything from wiping boogers to be a tourniquet ! So not really paying attention now remember I look like a cross between the Pillsbury doughboy and the Michelin Man I am so dressed to stay warm. I Look up and I kid you not here Is the next poster child for CrossFit for ladies... appropriately dressed for Hawaii . In flip-flops shorts and tank top. She is checking out Ms. Spyder so I decide this conversation won't last long she's freezing to death. I waddle up say hi she gives me this kind of horrified look and said are you sick? Said don't think so why do ask? She says well you have cords hanging out of your sleeves and out of your bellybutton are you on some kind of a medicine ? OMG I so wanted to bust out laughing but she was so concerned. So said no just part of my four layers of clothes these are the electric ones That keep me warm. By this time I'm looking at her and her goosebumps on steroids they look like mountains and they've got snow on the top of them!!! Told her no I do not get cold but if I was dressed like you I would freeze to death. And here comes folks she says" why would that be are these machines cold?" HERE'S YOUR SIGN LADY!
    Everyone have a great day I am off to load up and ryde on..
    me

Sounds like a "blonde" joke!

Sincerely,
    A brunette (well salt n/ pepper now)

Spyder Garage

Default More couragious then most

Murphybrown you are, hands down, the most couragoius person of all spyderslovers. You are an inspiration to us all. Please ride safe, watch out for those who can't watch out for themselves. Love your daily blog.

Spyder Garage

Default Start of day 4 Springfield today sure hope so!!!

See ya there Murph!

Phil, Tyler TX- from my iPad3.5 using Tapatalk HD