Spyder Garage

Default Report on day one heading to Spyderfest

Good morning first my heart is still sad over what happened in Boston but more the feeling right now is total anger. You would think at 72+ years that I would have most of the answers. WRONG. So much about life that I just don't have an answer for so I just have to move forward in a positive way in spite of what goes on in the world around me. The one thing that I am 100% sure of is that God is still alive and so therefore I pray for the folks in Boston and families throughout that are affected in a horrific way by this tragedy. The person or persons who did this are in my opinion spineless cowards.
    Okay let me share with you my day yesterday. First in the middle of the night Probably about 2 AM ,I did my usual get up to go to the bathroom, you know that the old age thing that happens. anyway been doing this for a few years lived in the same house for a few years slept in the same bed for a few years and Anyone that knows me ..I never move my furniture once I get it where I want. Not this time I jumped out of bed forget to turn left walk straight into doorjamb connecting with my left eye.
    After I respond to my "what the hell reaction" I check no blood for me criteria for a serious injury is you got to have blood. So grab the ice pack and my trusty lavender oil. All is good I have a monkey bump and that should make for a good story.
    After checking the weather radar and weather channel yesterday morning I decide not to leave until a little after seven. Notice that it has rained lightly at my house but the hills all around me are covered with snow. This is April 15 what's up with that??
    Get my riding gear on after I put a few more things on Ms Spyder..take off get just slightly out of town and noticed a few raindrops on the windshield no biggie I got a waterproof one piece ryding Suit don't need my official rain gear. Second whoops of the day by the time I got to East Wenatchee it was pouring. Look for the closest overhang pull in suit up take off. Shortly after Rockisland for you folks that are not from this area that is not very far!! the rain stops. The decision made after going all out trouble to get all gear on I'm leaving it on. For the first time yesterday in the decades that I've lived in area: going from Rock Island to QUINCY there was snow in the orchards nothing on the road but fresh snow in the orchards. Since my main objective of this trip is to get to Springfield Missouri avoiding all the storms I am looking for the most direct route. So head to Pendleton Oregon over cabbage hill/ blue Mountains Only a few snow flurries a few raindrops chilly but nice. At Lagrande I need fuel for the bike and me ask the service station attendant where's a good coffee shop he named this little place called ANTLERS put it in your book amazing. Awesome coffee cute barista ahhh life is great. After LaGrande saw lots of blue sky except near Ontario and in case anybody's wondering the wind is still blowing folks! Guiding to Twin Falls that are reasonable hour into my motel at that point get a message from my son-in-law saying check out Boston Marathon I turn on the news and became very very sad, Then very very angry ...after a wonderful day of ryding.
    This morning just to checked all the weather Channel the weather radar looks like I will be going south from Twin Falls Hwy. 93 Las Vegas please let me bypass you!!! Probably spend the night somewhere around Kingman Arizona.
    Miles ridden yesterday . Have a great day you awesome people find people to hug .. appreciate them .. life really is short.
    Until tomorrow
    My Motto Is:
    Live my life in such a way that when my feet hit the floor in the morning...Satan shudders & says "Oh, crap, SHE'S awake!"

Red Stallion: 2016 F3t SE6 (from Pitbull PowerSports/ Springfield, MO)
    White Knight: 2014 RTS SE6 and matching 622 trailer (from Pitbull
    PowerSports/ Springfield, MO)
    Ms Spydee: 2010 RT SE5

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Thanks for the report. I'm also angry about he Boston bombings. Just goes to show - again - the world is a dangerous place. I hope you have good weather for the remainder of your travels.

I'll leave on Sunday, but I only have about 300 miles to go. It's interesting to learn about what it's like to travel so far.
    PrairieSpyder (Patti)

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Karyl if you haven't left already and you see this you are more than welcome to stay at my house. I can get you around Las Vegas without having to go through all the traffic. It will put you about 100 miles short of Kingman though. I'm sending you a PM
    2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Teddys favorite human CyncySpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Thumbs up Teddy & I have been keeping you in our prayers for safe travels Murph*See you soon

We know you know what your doing, but it never hurts to have a guiding hand along for the ryde

Be safe my friend, and we will see you soon

Spyder Garage

Karyl, stay safe and see you soon. I will be in Springfield on Thursday staying at the Comfort Inn. Looks like I will have some pretty good thunderstorms to go through, but it is what it is. Love keeping up with you on your travels. Be safe

SpyderLady

Spyder Garage

I agree with the first post for sure. I'm sad and want to kick some azz at the same time.

I love your blogs and your lust for life and how you're able to put it all in words. You have a gift and I'm glad you share it with us all. Safe riding and see you soon.

Spyder Garage

Default WHAT LAMONSTER SAID

I was purposeful in looking for your update after reading your post yesterday. As a fellow woman rider, you inspire me. Not to be afraid to go for it whether you're with someone or not. The guys probably don't get that sentiment, just the way society is. However, it has gotten easier for us (women) over the years whether you go out to eat alone, attend an event alone, ride alone etc. Keep going dear and KEEP POSTING. I am seeing your sights in my minds eye!!!!! May God bless and keep you safe

Spyder Garage

Not much to add to all the above!
    Karyl just know that our prayers for a safe Ryde are with you, and we'll see you Saturday!
    P & J:cool:

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD
    Our 'Tardis' 2011 RT SE5 A/C Orbital Blue & 622 Trailer
    HMT Brake Lt, KewlMetal Hwy Brkts, Corbin Seat w/heat & backrest, Custom Dynamics Fender Tips & Mudflap LEDs, Gorilla Alarm, Stebel Horn, Xenon Depot HID Kit, SpyderPOPS Radiator block & BumpSkid, RumblingPride TCM flag mts, Elkas, BRP Fogs, Garmin 665, Alaskan Leather ButtPads, Gremlin Bell, GripBuddies, his/her htd gear power jacks, KewlMetal Perf Air Intake, BajaRon plugs/wires & Anti-Sway Bar, Baker Belt Stabilizer, Baker Mug.

Spyder Garage

Wishing you a continued safe and enjoyable journey.

Hopefully, the weather will get better as you go.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Talking

"Have a great day 'you awesome lady - find people to hug .. appreciate them .. life really is short."

Be safe and have fun MurphyB!!

monkey bump

Identify what you have control over and find peace with what you don't.

Spyder Garage

We hope you have continued safe travels.

Registered Users Motorcycle Mama & Papa's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I can't wait to meet you, Karyl. You are my inspiration. Travel blessings on your way to Spyderfest, and I'm looking forward to your posts. Marciana
    "Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight" - Benjamin Franklin

Spyder Garage

Default Just checked..!!

looks like your doing great. Moving right along..stay safe..!!
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Ryde safe. Praying for God's traveling grace.

Spyder Garage

Thanks for keeping us updated! Ryde Safe and Keep Dry (if you can). See you soon at Spyderfest!

Spyder: 2011 RT Limited w/ RT-622 trailer
    Mods: ESI Brightsides, RT Rear Brightsides, HMT Brake Light, Scuff Guards, Utopia Backrest, Chrome, and more Chrome, Pearl White Rear View Mirrors, Rear Fender, and Dashboard, Black Rear Wheel and Belt Assy, SpyderPops Heat Shields & Bump Skid, Elka Stage 1+ Shocks, 2012 SF Graphics, Silver Carbonfiber Dash, Corbin Arm Rests, Baker A.W., BRP Vented WindShield. BR's Sway Bar, Tricled White Halo Lights, BadBoy Air Horn, Spyder Legs Floor Boards

Spyder Garage

Default Amazing lady

Murphy don't know you but looking foward to meeting you at Spyder Fest. Kay and i will pray for your safe journey. I'm a little jealous of your long ride.
    Kay and I will leave Fri from Deridder La go to Tyler Tx spend time with her mother then on to Ok to see my mom and dad and then on to Mo for fun games and to meet new friends.
    Best of travels to all.
    Gary

GOS member (Girls On Spyders) Shewhoprays's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Praying for your safety and hugs waiting for you. Bj

Spyder Garage

Default give them hell

safe travels see you there!
    States Judy and I have visited so far on the

Spyder Garage

Have a safe trip and keep the updates coming! Look forward to seeing you again at Spyderfest!!

Current: 2018 F3 Limited
    Previous: 2011 RT with 622 Trailer

Mods:
    F4 Customs 25" Windshield
    F4 Customs Air Wings
    Spyderpops Top Case/Seat Extender
    TackForm Phone Mount
    Lamonster Ram Ball Handlebar Mount
    Show Chrome Passenger Armrests