Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    arntufun

Default Spyderquest NY in Sept..... Any interest ???????

NY Spyder Riders are looking to host a "informal" Spyder gathering in Lake George, NY September 19-21st. This thread is to see what interest there is so we can be sure it's wanted by others. Lake george is the perfect place to host this event because it is the home of Americade Rally which hosts 50k motorcycles and many more bikers each June.

Along with the beautiful Lake George area and the best riding the Adirondack Mts can offer, we are also looking to get input of what lunch/dinner gathering you would be interested in.

1. A 2.5 hour cruise on Lake George with a buffet dinner included, at roughly $48.50 per person on this ship.
    --------> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yWWc3...etailpage#t=4s

OR.....

2. Some sort of catered lunch/ BBQ at a place at a cost TBD. My vote is for the dinner cruise on the ship, but would understand if it's to much money for others.

We are kicking around ideas and would like to know how much interest there is on these dates and location, if it's worth moving forward to planning a Northeast event. If there is interest we will look into host hotels and start planning Adirondack rides guided by our fellow members. We are not experts by any means and have never done a bigger gathering before, but we would never know if we can unless we give it a try. This is informal, that means there is no registration costs and you must realize there will be no T-shirts, pins, patches whatever.......... and the only costs are your stay, eats and possibly our gathering function if it's desired. If this event grows, we will grow with it.

Well ??????

Link to Lake George area------------> http://www.lakegeorge.com/

Spyder Garage

Thank You Randy
    Happy Spyder Owner
    ISCI Floorboards, Ebrake extension peg, Hand Brake, and hyway pegs, tjfisher2 passenger peg extension, BRP 23" Ultra Touring Windshied, Backrest, Fog Lights, 12volt accessory plug, NMN 4" handlebar risers, Auto Zone red LEDs, BRP Comfort seat, Evoluzione sway bar, powerbus, powerlets and air shock.

Spyder Garage

yes, thanks randy. count us in! what ever we can do to help---- we'll do our best!

Spyder Garage

That sounds like a great excuse for a long weekend. My wife and I would definitely attend. There would probably be some great views on a dinner cruise so I'd vote cruise.
    Last edited by SpydermanCT; 04-04-2013 at 08:56 PM.
    SpydermanCT

2010 RT-S SE5 Timeless Black PE # 794 ~ RT-622 Trailer ~ Can-Am Garmin 665 GPS ~ Elka Front Shocks ~ ESI Brightsides with Rips Kit ~ ESI RT Fender Tips Kit ~ Rear Brightsides ~ HMT Brake Light ~ Tricplate rear running / Brake LED's ~ ESI Mud Flap Lights ~ LED Day Runners ~ Right Side Inlet Covers ~ Street Magic Scuff Guards ~ IPS Key Cover ~ KewlMetal Kewlocks ~ Spyderpops Radiator Block Off Plate and Catalytic Converter Shield Set ~ Carbon Fiber Kit ~ Corbin Seat

Spyder Garage

I'm in, I was in Lake George last September pack for rain

Harry
    "Draco dormiens nunquam titillandus"
    My Rides;
    Nimbus 2000, Ford Anglia, 2012 Spyder RT Limited, Pre 14 Vintage Classic Collectors Edition!

Favorite Ride;
    Nimbus 2000 boy this thing can fly.

Mods:
    Charm of invisibility, Reparo Charm (cuts down on service cost)

One always wonders about roads not taken.

Spyder Garage

isn't a quest something that you go on to find something? so your quest in this case is to find a Spyder? how can you do that if you're ryding one? :P haha
    RS - 55K+ miles, F3 - 200 miles and counting.

Spyder Garage

My wife and I are sure to attend such an event along with a second Spyder RT riding couple!
    2014 RTS , Spyderpops oversized brake pedal Cognac

Spyder Garage

Default Spyderquest NY in Sept..... Any interest ???????

We'd be in I vote for dinner cruise as long as its wheelchair accessible
    2013 RS-S Neutron Green/Black, Shark RSR2 helmet, Shark Evoline 3 helmet, Sena SMH20, Corbin Seat, Wheelchair Rack, TricLED fender lights, TricLed Underglow kit (green), Trunk Liner, STL Handlebars, Web Boards Driver Floorboards, backrest, BRP Saddlebags, ISCI Handbrake

Spyder Garage

Default Ahhhh..!!

if only it twer less than 8000 miles round trip...!! But it looks promising for you all...!!
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

I'll be there. if you need help let me know
    Xm Radio, BRP CB, Top block off plate, Lazard LED, Utopia backrest

Very Active Member Highwayman2013's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Sounds nice, I'll come.
    2016 F3 Limited
    2019 Ryker Rally
    2014 Suzuki V Strom 650
    2020 CSC TT 250
    2016 F 3 Limited , Vegas White

Teddys favorite human CyncySpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Thumbs up You know Teddy & I are in, tho we'll be challenged by the dates

With a days ryde there and another days ryde home, we'd probably only make the Friday & Saturday portions of the event, but either way, we'll be there Thanks for attempting to keep something going in the Great North East. Wonderful area for Spyder'n Not to mention Great people to share Great Times

Spyder Garage

Spyder Garage

As long as I'm in town at that time--I'm in. A couple of buddies and I are planning a trip to the Keys on our Hayabusa's sometime in the fall--I'd love to be able to do both!

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Cindi & I would definitely be interested in coming...Go for it Randy...^

Spyder Garage

Just curious why it's not planned from the 20th to the 22nd ?
    I'll need to know for sure since doing the 19th will require 2 days off work instead of 1.
    Either way I'll most likely be there.
    If it ain't broke, don't break it.
    IBA #47122
    2020 RT Limited Asphalt Grey

Spyder Garage

This might work for us also............we have been thinking about doing the Hudson River Valley this fall and could maybe tie the two together.

Spyder: 2011 RT Limited w/ RT-622 trailer
    Mods: ESI Brightsides, RT Rear Brightsides, HMT Brake Light, Scuff Guards, Utopia Backrest, Chrome, and more Chrome, Pearl White Rear View Mirrors, Rear Fender, and Dashboard, Black Rear Wheel and Belt Assy, SpyderPops Heat Shields & Bump Skid, Elka Stage 1+ Shocks, 2012 SF Graphics, Silver Carbonfiber Dash, Corbin Arm Rests, Baker A.W., BRP Vented WindShield. BR's Sway Bar, Tricled White Halo Lights, BadBoy Air Horn, Spyder Legs Floor Boards

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default Sounds good to me

Spyder Garage

I'm interested and will try to make it. I prefer to take in some wonderful views while eating and chatting with fellow Spyder Ryders.

Spyder Garage

Not sure why I'm posting this as don't think rooms will be an issue in September but this was such a great place I thought I would share.

Most years I try and get to Americade in Lake George, but as most of you know being one of the largest motorcycle events it extremely overcrowded.

20, 30 years ago I would have stayed in the heart of it all but now adays due to being either wiser or old, bolding and fat I like to stay further a field. Get away from all the wild parting noise and sleep. I can stay in the think of things as long as I want knowing I have a quite retreat waiting for me.

Also the hotel rooms around Americade are over priced, I don't blame them, get what you can while you can but I do find a lot of the rooms in that area are a little less than ideal. I'm being kind here as some need a complete makeover and some just need a good clean. I very ocd about where I stay but be very clean, my wife gets annoyed with me because I have walk out of a few hotels upon arriving and inspecting the room.

Anyway, not that I think we will need to find rooms outside of Lake George for this Spyder event, but I did find a great place north of LG. Its a little ride but was amazed at the comfort and quality of this place for the price. Extremely clean and pleasant rooms, made to look like an old log cabin but all new. Huge four poster beds with fans above. I'm tall and I at to run and jump to get on the bed.

anyway if you're in the area check this place out...

http://www.adirondackalpinelodge.com/

harry

sorry for bad spelling, darn iPad autocorrect
    Last edited by harrypottar; 04-05-2013 at 08:45 AM.
    "Draco dormiens nunquam titillandus"
    My Rides;
    Nimbus 2000, Ford Anglia, 2012 Spyder RT Limited, Pre 14 Vintage Classic Collectors Edition!

Favorite Ride;
    Nimbus 2000 boy this thing can fly.

Mods:
    Charm of invisibility, Reparo Charm (cuts down on service cost)

One always wonders about roads not taken.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Randy, The 19th through the 21st; Count me in too! THANKS!!!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Champagne View Post
    I'll be there. if you need help let me know
    So far, Randy, I, and Chad are on the organizing committy and I'm sure help will be needed, just not sure for what yet.

Quote Originally Posted by CyncySpyder View Post
    With a days ryde there and another days ryde home, we'd probably only make the Friday & Saturday portions of the event, but either way, we'll be there Thanks for attempting to keep something going in the Great North East. Wonderful area for Spyder'n Not to mention Great people to share Great Times
    I,m sure Randy and I will be camping again and Dave you are more than welcome to join us again.

Quote Originally Posted by GloryRyders View Post
    This might work for us also............we have been thinking about doing the Hudson River Valley this fall and could maybe tie the two together.
    The Hudson Valley stretches from Albany to New York City and I am there in the middle, so look us up. Others here are Bob.D, Roger and Marryellen.

Quote Originally Posted by harrypottar View Post
    Not sure why I'm posting this as don't think rooms will be an issue in September but this was such a great place I thought I would share.

Most years I try and get to Americade in Lake George, but as most of you know being one of the largest motorcycle events it extremely overcrowded.

20, 30 years ago I would have stayed in the heart of it all but now adays due to being either wiser or old, bolding and fat I like to stay further a field. Get away from all the wild parting noise and sleep. I can stay in the think of things as long as I want knowing I have a quite retreat waiting for me.

Also the hotel rooms around Americade are over priced, I don't blame them, get what you can while you can but I do find a lot of the rooms in that area are a little less than ideal. I'm being kind here as some need a complete makeover and some just need a good clean. I very ocd about where I stay but be very clean, my wife gets annoyed with me because I have walk out of a few hotels upon arriving and inspecting the room.

Anyway, not that I think we will need to find rooms outside of Lake George for this Spyder event, but I did find a great place north of LG. Its a little ride but was amazed at the comfort and quality of this place for the price. Extremely clean and pleasant rooms, made to look like an old log cabin but all new. Huge four poster beds with fans above. I'm tall and I at to run and jump to get on the bed.

anyway if you're in the area check this place out...

http://www.adirondackalpinelodge.com/

harry
    Thanks for the info and I'm sure we will be looking at Studio Motel as well and for camping LGRV park.
    Happy Spyder Owner
    ISCI Floorboards, Ebrake extension peg, Hand Brake, and hyway pegs, tjfisher2 passenger peg extension, BRP 23" Ultra Touring Windshied, Backrest, Fog Lights, 12volt accessory plug, NMN 4" handlebar risers, Auto Zone red LEDs, BRP Comfort seat, Evoluzione sway bar, powerbus, powerlets and air shock.

Spyder Garage

I am in
    2012 Spyder RT-SE5 Gray 5-31-12 First 5,075 miles on 10-8-12
    NBV kit highway brackets with pegs Bajaron sway bar Lave exh wrap
    Grip Buddies AirHawk 2 His & Her's Walmart Front driving lights
    Spyderpops upper block off plate, belt guard, bump Skid
    BRP
    trailer hitch Napa 6 to 4 wire power converter Ram GPS upper dash
    Baker build air wings the New 3 piece full set Kewl Metal GPS hand bar
    Inspector Gadgets rear mudd flap type, Air deflectors upper & lower A-frame

Spyder Garage

I'm in. I vote for BBQ.