Fauquier County VA - Virginia's most carefully pronounced county.
    Spyder Garage

Default 2013 RT Floor Boards

Anybody try installing the floor boards for the 2013 RTs onto an earlier model? Do they fit? Can they be made to fit?
    2012 RT Limited - Pearl White

My Mods -
    http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/showthread.php?39494-DR-Buck-s-2012-RT-Limited-Mods
    2012 RT Limited , Full size brake peddel White w/Red Highlights

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

It was posted here already and I think they can be fitted. I am thinking about buying for mine and I'm sure I can fit them as well.
    2012 Spyder RT SE5 Brake pedal mod

Spyder Garage

Lamont corrected an earlier post and said they will not fit. Maybe with modifications? There are problems with both the new frame and the brake pedal, as I understand it.
    -Scotty
    2011 Spyder RTS-SM5 (mine)
    2000 BMW R1100RTP, motorized tricycle & 23 vintage bikes
    2011 RT-622 trailer, Aspen Sentry popup camper, custom motorcycle trailer to pull behind the Spyder

Mutant Trikes Forever!

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default Maybe someone will come up

Just maybe one of our engineer types can come up with a cheap and dirty adapter.

2013 floor boards are so big you almost need a map to navigate on one let alone two. You could almost camp under them in a rain storm!

Spyder Garage

I think also charge per square inch for them..Mucho Denaro
    2012 Spyder RT

SpyderLovers Sponsor scooterexpress's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

was told by my dealer that they are not interchangeable.after looking them over on the 13 i don't think i would want them they look and feel pretty cheap and cheesy but it was nice of brp to go ahead and use foot pads instead of pegs but i feel they could of went one more step forward and made them alot nicer.oh and i didn't see any chrome ones either.

Tall flag mount, spyderpops skid plate & stainless steel screen mesh, airhawk adjustable cushion, raised white lettered tires.

Teddys favorite human CyncySpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Lightbulb http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/album.php?albumid=2679&attachmentid=64215

I Posted pics of the chrome ones, I really like them. Dealer told me as stated above, not retro due to new framework & brakes

Spyder Garage

I loved the Can-Am boards on the '13 model but I was not ready to give up my '12 RT Limited just yet. We measured and took photos and got some techs involved but the consensus was that there is no way for the '13 boards to fit the '12 or earlier without major, major changes to the frame that would be more expensive than the most expensive aftermarket boards.

I evaluated the boards available for the RT and grouped them into four categories.... not acceptable; good, better and best.

I decided to go with Better and was somewhat disappointed in the quality of the product supplied and the instructions (or lack of same).

My complaints were answered but not to my satisfaction so we made modifications to make things work better and the boards are now on my RT.

I did not (will not) post the name of the company here as they did respond to my complaint. I just didn't like the response.

If anyone wants to PM me I will share the problems encountered.
    Penny and Rick have owned many motorcycles starting in 1974 with Honda’s, then to Suzukis, Gold Wings and ultimately Spyders.
    ‘74 Honda 360T (pair); ‘78 Suzuki GS 1000 (pair); ‘’82 Honda Aspencade; ‘84 Honda 400; ‘87 Yamaha 1100; ‘99 Honda Valkyrie; ‘01 Suzuki Burgman(triked); ‘02 Honda GL 1800(triked); ‘10 Spyder RTSE; ‘11 Spyder RTSM; ‘12 Spyder RTSL (pair); ‘20 Spyder RTL (current)