Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Default Problem with Wife and Spyder

I was a sport bike rider when I was 20-24. Quit riding when I went overseas for the military and met my wife. For the past 13 years I was always looking at getting another bike. For 12.5 years she would stomp around and tell me "Nothing with 2 wheels anymore". I even went as far as to arrange a ride with a friend on the back of his HD just to get her interest sparked. Nothing worked, she would not even get on his HD. One day I was out on a business trip and saw a spyder. I knew I had to have one. One day when she was at work and I decided to go to the dealership about 45 minutes from my house. I took it for a test drive and completed all of the paper work, brought her home and parked her in the garage. When she got home I met her outside and opened the garage door. She was a little upset at first, but I just looked at her and said, "You said you did not care what I got as long as it did not have two wheels. This has three". She could not argue with me and she was amazed at the stability of this new thing in the garage. She got up on the passenger seat and lit up like a kid in a candy store. And now I cant keep her off of it. Yesterday I came home and found it warm sitting in the garage. Come to find out she took it out for a run around the neighborhood during her lunch break. Now keep in mind she does not have her endorsement here in NC or a permit. Guess she has been bitten by the spyder. We are also looking now into getting her a ST.

Just thought I would share this with y’all.

-Dan

Spyder Garage

It happens amost ever time.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

And the fun begins! Another lady Ryder !

Michele
    Knees to the breeze!

Our Mods so far:
    Spyderpops Bump Skid & Missing Belt Guard
    Grip Buddies
    Baker Built AirWings
    GloRyder Wheel Lights (Remote Control - on order)
    BajaRon Anti-Sway bar
    John's Seal FloorBoards
    Vanity plates "3Five" - since we bought it for our 35th wedding anniv!

Spyder Garage

I'm not seeing a problem. Go buy that woman a Spyder.
    summerdawn

...in the pink (Girls On Spyders) flamingobabe's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

she is going to love the ST...

#IamARyder #RideASpyder #CanAmSpyder

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Thumbs up Spyder and the wife

Sooo what's her handle gona be and when are you getting her her OWN spyder!!??? Why don't ya give her yours??( I will make the wild assumption THAT AIN'T GONA HAPPEN!!!)

Spyder Garage

Boy, I wish I had your problems...! Looks like you are about to be a two Spyder family.
    Name: Eric Heims
    Red 2016 RTS, Diamond R Armrests, Ram X Mount, Doc Humphreys Dampener, BajaRon Swaybar, Spyderpops "Critter Splitter"

"It is the common fate of the indolent to see their rights become a prey to the active. The condition upon which God hath given liberty to man is eternal vigilance; which condition if he break, servitude is at once the consequence of his crime and the punishment of his guilt." John Philpot Curran 1790

Spyder Garage

Problem my a$$...................

You just want to brag.

Go ahead, you have every right to!!!!!!
    If it ain't broke, don't break it.
    IBA #47122
    2020 RT Limited Asphalt Grey

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default You are LUCKY

I'm still trying to get my wife on my RT. Told her today I would buy another pair of handcuffs and cuff her up on the back. She doesn't think I'm very funny. I need another pair of cuffs for my duty belt anyway. I still have Harleys but the RT is a real hoot to drive. I think I will sell one.

Spyder Garage

It does look like your going to become a 2 family. Welcome to the club

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

From the talks tonight we are thinking we may wait until she retires from the USMC. It is only 18 months so it will give us some time to save up for another one. She was supposed to go to spyderfest with me but duty called and she cant make it. We are working on getting her and myself to the owners event since it is pretty much in our back yard. Hopefully when she sees all of the nice spyders she will move quicker.

Spyder Garage

Default Sounds like a familiar story...

This is exactly how the infestation starts. You bring one home and the wife gets on, has some fun on a motorcycle (wind in face, adrenaline, smells nature, sees America, etc.) and gets bitten by the and then gets the idea that she is just as deserving as you (doesn’t really fully trust you anyway) and informs you that she wants her own but will wait for a bit before buying one and the next thing you know you are at a dealership signing for the second . That’s when the real fun begins! Well, actually half the fun is getting bit and enjoying the sleepless nights of researching the best place to buy and which color and mods to get. (FYI: The search and procurement of mods never goes away) Your life will never be the same again...get ready!!!

Been there, done that and have the T-shirt....but lovin’ every minute of it. See you at BRP in June.

Spyder Garage

Didn't realize "We" needed another until I came home late one Friday Night. She took the RT & went ryding with our "Friends".

Since I was late, they went without me. About 2 hours later they all came back to our house to finish the night with a party! Now I don't have to have anyone wait for me. Gave her the 2011 & bought myself a 2012 !!
    KEEP YOUR KNEES IN THE BREEZE!!

Spyder Garage

Didn't realize "We" needed another until I came home late one Friday Night. She took the RT & went ryding with our "Friends"!!

Since I was late, they went without me. About 2 hours later they all came back to our house to finish the night with a party! Now I don't have to have anyone wait for me. Gave her the 2011 & bought myself a 2012 !!
    KEEP YOUR KNEES IN THE BREEZE!!

Spyder Garage

Default Another one bitten..!!

Looks like it has happened once more. Good luck and you both enjoy the ryde and many many more to come..
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

Default I hear ya

I have a 2011 Magnesium RSS and in 2 days I pick up another one for my partner. Looking forward to mine not disappearing when i am not looking
    We now have His and Hers Spyders.
    Current Spyder, 2015 F3 Steel Black, Passenger Backrest, Blue Ridge Screen with Xcreen Extention, Akrapovic Muffler, Attitude Handlebars, Blades front rims, RT Swaybar,
    Her Spyder 2011 Magnesium RSS Sportrack and Backrest, Comfort Seat, Grip Puppies, 3.5 inch Riser Bars, Wespyd Signature Swaybar. Hindle Muffler, Godiva Screen, Hiway Pegs Can Am Panniers

Previous Spyders
    2013 ST SM5
    2011 RSS
    2010 RS
    2015 F3 , Black with Blue Graphics

Teddys favorite human CyncySpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Reading these posts makes me SO GLAD Teddy can't drive himself * CONGRATS

Enjoy the RYDE
    dav n ted~
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by CyncySpyder; 02-26-2013 at 05:42 AM.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Think of the new farkling possibilities...
    Give her a hug from ALL of us!
    on getting a new ryding partner
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by NCSpyderRT View Post
    From the talks tonight we are thinking we may wait until she retires from the USMC. It is only 18 months so it will give us some time to save up for another one. She was supposed to go to spyderfest with me but duty called and she cant make it. We are working on getting her and myself to the owners event since it is pretty much in our back yard. Hopefully when she sees all of the nice spyders she will move quicker.
    By all means go to Owners event. Spyderfeast is great. Ride a lot.
    On a somber note. I believe in live for today, who knows what will happen tomorrow. Suggest you look into the Patriot Guard. Thank her for her service since you mentioned she was in the USMC.
    Oldmanzues
    Very Happy Spyder Owner

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Hope to see you both at the Owners event in Maggie. If we could afford two Spyders we definitely would have another. My wife loves it.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Have fun but don't spoil it, get her the mc training to enjoy and safe. Good luck and God Bless

Many thanks for your serving.
    2012 Spyder RT SE5 Brake pedal mod

Spyder Garage

That's why I lock up the keys for my RT. & good luck getting some rYding time in before you get the second .

Spyder Garage

Default We now have His and Hers RSS's

We now have His and Hers Spyders.
    Current Spyder, 2015 F3 Steel Black, Passenger Backrest, Blue Ridge Screen with Xcreen Extention, Akrapovic Muffler, Attitude Handlebars, Blades front rims, RT Swaybar,
    Her Spyder 2011 Magnesium RSS Sportrack and Backrest, Comfort Seat, Grip Puppies, 3.5 inch Riser Bars, Wespyd Signature Swaybar. Hindle Muffler, Godiva Screen, Hiway Pegs Can Am Panniers

Previous Spyders
    2013 ST SM5
    2011 RSS
    2010 RS
    2015 F3 , Black with Blue Graphics

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Colin,
    Looking pretty nice!

These machines are just a bit too much like potato chips ; it's nearly impossible to stop at just one!
    Last edited by Bob Denman; 03-29-2013 at 07:29 AM.
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Registered Users Motorcycle Mama & Papa's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by flamingobabe View Post
    she is going to love the ST...
    You're absolutely right, Charlyne. Btw, love your profile pic. lol See ya in the Ozarks! MM
    "Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight" - Benjamin Franklin