Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Default RT Sway Bars are NOW IN STOCK!

I'm leaving right now to pick this batch up from the Powder Coater's. I will be shipping out as many as I can today filling Pre-Paid orders as I received them. Thank you everyone for your patience. I hope to be able to get these produced faster than they are selling, (which has been a challenge so far).

Of course I also have the RS, GS, RS-S bars in stock for those of you who would like a great upgrade to the handling on your Spyder. You'll need this to keep up with the RT riders that have upgraded theirs!
    Shop Ph: 423-609-7588 (M-F, 8-5, Eastern Time)

Only SLOW people have to leave on time...

Spyder Garage

Default Sweet!

States Judy and I have visited so far on the

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I love mine!
    2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

$$$$ sent via PayPal.
    2016 F3-L Special Series? Mods: Lamonster IPS end caps w/ Gripper 3rd pegs, GPS mount, Power Plate, Perf. Muffler; Backoff Brake Light Strobe; CD Front (amber/red) Brightsides & Tip Kit; ISCI Flag Holder w/Long Poles; BRP Signature Light, Aux Lights, Saddlebag Liners, Garmin 590 GPS; TricLED foam Grips, LEDs (Aux/headlights); Pitbull Driving Lights; RDL seat; Ultimate backrest

Previous ryde: 2012 RT-L, 26,636 miles on it when traded; 2014 RT-L, 34,147 miles on it when traded

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Is this the run of Anti-SwayBars that you promised to powdercoat in PINK ?
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Default Way to go...

Way to go Ron, installing mine today RS and the sun is a shining so I will be ryding on...
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

Make sure you bring plenty to SpyderFest!

Spyder Garage

I guess I should get online and pay the invoice for my bar now to get on the list.

PAID!

Spyder Phyl

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by pwilbarger; 01-28-2013 at 12:56 PM.
    SpyderPhyl

2014 Cognac RT-LTD, SE6, ACE 1330

2014 RT-Ltd , Cognac

Spyder Garage

I am going to be very busy shipping the rest of the day but rest assured, I'll get to everyone. Don't know how long this batch will last but I already have another order in the pipeline so hopefully I won't run out again. Thank you to everyone for being so patient with me on this one.

Spyder Garage

Thanks Ron; Hope mine gets shipped; If not till the next batch no biggie, its to cold to put it on now anyway. Had snow, sleet, and freezing rain this morning, not good ryding weather. RussPIC-0537.jpgmtl_create_us_states_map[1].gif

Spyder Garage

Allready have mine installed, one from the first batch (the Premier batch) makes a world of difference, thanks Ron

Cruzr Joe

Sent by morse code from a hidden bunker
    2018 F3 Limited, BRP Driver Backrest, Spyderpops Lighted Bump Skid, Dual Spyclops Light, Mirror Turn Signals, Laser Alignment, Engine LEDs, Fog Lights With Halo's, Cushion Handgrips, BRT LEDs, and Under Lighting, Lamonster IPS, (with Clock), F4 25" Vented Windshield with Wings, Airhawk "R" Cushions. Position 4 Brake setting, Short reach Handlebars, Dash Mounted Voltmeter and 12 Volt Plug. Set of 3rd pegs. Extended Passenger Seat. Exterior BRP Connect setup, Ultimate Trailer

Spyder Garage

Recd the tracking number mine is on the way.Thanks Ron.

ivorspyder

Spyder Garage

I'm still waiting to hear something. Hope I make the lineup this go around.

Spyder Garage

Default Yay!!!

Will this fit the new 2013 Can AM RT-SE5?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by pacog1943 View Post
    Will this fit the new 2013 Can AM RT-SE5?
    No... But stay tuned! There may be something of interest to the 2013 owners.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

i got mine yesterday!! nice product and easy to instal!!

Teddys favorite human CyncySpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Best Mod money you can spend for your RT

If Teddy had thumbs, he'd give this mod 2 thumbs up

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Or in Teddy's case; would that be FOUR thumbs up??
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by sergentwoody View Post
    i got mine yesterday!! nice product and easy to instal!!
    Thank you kind sir!

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

If I were to replace my current Spyder which has the Evo bar on it.First thing I would do is order a new one from Ron. A better sway bar then stock is the best mod I did to my 2010RTS. I also have a set of 2012 front struts on the Spyder but I can only run them on 2 setting other wise far to stiff for wife and I. Are total weight for both of us is 300lbs.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by J W Miller View Post
    If I were to replace my current Spyder which has the Evo bar on it.First thing I would do is order a new one from Ron. A better sway bar then stock is the best mod I did to my 2010RTS. I also have a set of 2012 front struts on the Spyder but I can only run them on 2 setting other wise far to stiff for wife and I. Are total weight for both of us is 300lbs.
    Just a note of information here.

The difference between the EVO bar and my bar for the RT is significant in 2 ways. The EVO bar accomplishes a modest amount of improvement by shortening the arms of the sway bar. This changes the geometry of the linkage which attaches the sway bar to the suspension from the ideal (vertical) to a forward cant.

This in itself is not a huge deal. The problem is that there is very little clearance between these moving parts and the suspension with the stock setup. The EVO bar reduces this clearance even further. This can cause the moving linkage to contact hard parts on the suspension which can damage the Heim Joint Links.

My bar accomplishes a greater degree of control than is provided by the EVO bar by increasing the size of the bar while retaining the original geometry engineered by BRP. You get a better result without endangering suspension components. This is the main reason I do not make bars with multiple holes (called 'Adjustable' bars). There is no way multiple mounting locations will give you the correct orientation of the Heim Link Joints as engineered by BRP.

It is very easy to check your Spyder for unwanted contact issues. The Heim Joint Links are a black composite (Plastic) compound located at each end of the sway bar. You will see that the bottom of these links come very close to the forward portion of the A-Arm. If the paint has been removed from the A-Arm near the Heim Link Joint then you are getting unwanted contact.

If there is a divit worn into the steel A-Arm then you have severe contact and you should really do something about that. Checking the condition of your Heim LinK Joints would also be in order.
    Last edited by BajaRon; 01-29-2013 at 12:45 PM.

Spyder Garage

Received USPS shipping info a little while back. Thanks Ron.

Spyder Phyl

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    SpyderPhyl

2014 Cognac RT-LTD, SE6, ACE 1330

2014 RT-Ltd , Cognac

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Thank you for great info Ron. I will be checking on this as soon as possible.

The difference between the EVO bar and my bar for the RT is significant in 2 ways. The EVO bar accomplishes a modest amount of improvement by shortening the arms of the sway bar. This changes the geometry of the linkage which attaches the sway bar to the suspension from the ideal (vertical) to a forward cant.

This in itself is not a huge deal. The problem is that there is very little clearance between these moving parts and the suspension with the stock setup. The EVO bar reduces this clearance even further. This can cause the moving linkage to contact hard parts on the suspension which can damage the Heim Joint Links.

My bar accomplishes a greater degree of control than is provided by the EVO bar by increasing the size of the bar while retaining the original geometry engineered by BRP. You get a better result without endangering suspension components. This is the main reason I do not make bars with multiple holes (called 'Adjustable' bars). There is no way multiple mounting locations will give you the correct orientation of the Heim Link Joints as engineered by BRP.

It is very easy to check your Spyder for unwanted contact issues. The Heim Joint Links are a black composite (Plastic) compound located at each end of the sway bar. You will see that the bottom of these links come very close to the forward portion of the A-Arm. If the paint has been removed from the A-Arm near the Heim Link Joint then you are getting unwanted contact.

If there is a divit worn into the steel A-Arm then you have severe contact and you should really do something about that. Checking the condition of your Heim LinK Joints would also be in order.[/QUOTE]

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by J W Miller View Post
    Thank you for great info Ron. I will be checking on this as soon as possible.
    I know it sounds like I'm just hawking my bar but during the development stages of this project I did a fair amount of research. I had the EVO bar on my RS and I always felt it performed well. But when I took it off to test my prototypes I discovered that one heim link joint was hitting my A-Arm. The EVO bar I had did not have the limiting collars which made the situation worse as the bar would move side to side as the suspension articulated.

But I found that even with limiting collars installed I still got a bit of contact on hard turning. I also found that the bar was not symmetrical. One arm was longer than the other by a surprising amount, (the short arm being the one that was hitting).

Fortunately, it wasn't hitting hard enough to have done any damage. But it should never hit at all.

I only had the one EVO bar so I can't say this issue was universal. But as I discussed it with other EVO owners I found that some discovered the same problem.

My main point here being that if you own an EVO bar, you might want to make sure you're not having contact as others have had.

Spyder Garage

Installed sway bar today and it was pretty simple install. Instructions were easy to understand. Also while there with bike in air did new brakes that I purchased from Ron also. Ran the tires over to Walmart and had them rotated to get more miles out of them. Hardest part of the whole job was watching them do that. I'm not sure they could do that job as well as me. Going to be relaying on Ride-On to balance the wheels. It was funny when I got home and notice a pound on weights on the rims I could only smile and shake my head. I removed all the weights and installed back on the bike. Can't wait to do a test ride.