Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    GOS member (Girls On Spyders)
    Spyder Garage

1968 White Dodge Polaris Convertible......the steering wheel was approx. 3 feet in diameter, and with the top down, I could transport my whole class!!!! It was a boat!!! (loved that car)

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

1972 screaming orange four door Chevy Nova, bought it from my uncle for 800$. Was the same car I learned to drive on! He had done the body work himself and used old paper bags to stuff the holes before puttying! Had many clunkers since that one. Only goy my first new car 10 yrs ago , still have it Toyota Camry.
    2012 RT , stock Lava Bronze

Spyder Garage

Learned to drive on a '67 VW Beetle. My brother totaled that car drag racing out of a stop light. My father threw me for a loop by making me take my license road test on our automatic Ford Fairlane Station wagon. Could have flunked before I even pulled away from the curb. The car had stalled and I didn't realize it for a second. I did pass on the first try. Sent all my friends to that registry because the test was easy. They all flunked their first time taking the test.

First car we ever owned was a "75 Ford F250 pickup standard shift. That thing was a tank. Loved it!!! Gave it a great death at a demolition derby many many years later.
    Marilyn

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

My first car was a 1963 VW Fastback robins egg blue I bought it for $100 from a girlfriend who had it for a few years after she bought it from another friend's father. The defroster was an ice scraper and a roll of paper towels and the only way to stay warm was to wear lots and lots of clothes. It did 0 to 60 in about 6 miles if you were going downhill. I sold it for $100 so it was the only car that I didn't lose money on.

2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by retread View Post
    Learned to drive in a 1939 Chevy Master 85 2 door, when my Grandfather got another car, I bought the 39 for $15 and put a 302 Jimmy in it, Wayne 12 port and a bunch of other stuff. Scared a lot of people with it, including myself.

john
    I love those Jimmy sixes! The first car I actually owned, before I got my driver's license, was a '53 Anglia that I put a Jimmy six with a Wayne-Horning 12-port head into for the drags.
    -Scotty
    2011 Spyder RTS-SM5 (mine)
    2000 BMW R1100RTP, motorized tricycle & 23 vintage bikes
    2011 RT-622 trailer, Aspen Sentry popup camper, custom motorcycle trailer to pull behind the Spyder

Mutant Trikes Forever!

2010 RTS-SE, Orbital Blue
    Spyder Garage

The first car I bought was a '30 Model A 2 door. Had baling wire for plug wires and used the valve on the fuel tank to regulate the fuel flow to keep it running. It was POC, but I loved it.

Spyder Garage

Default What Was Your First Car?

'63 Ford Fairlane Sport Coupe. 260 cu. in. V8 with 2 speed slush-o-matic. Buckets seats with column shifter.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Spyder Garage

Mine was a 64 Ramble classic 660 wagon. The cool thing about that car was that every seat laid down and made a complete bed, but I won't say what happened in it. I believe it had a 283 v-8
    Last edited by rnet; 01-19-2013 at 06:25 PM.
    Happy Spyder Owner
    ISCI Floorboards, Ebrake extension peg, Hand Brake, and hyway pegs, tjfisher2 passenger peg extension, BRP 23" Ultra Touring Windshied, Backrest, Fog Lights, 12volt accessory plug, NMN 4" handlebar risers, Auto Zone red LEDs, BRP Comfort seat, Evoluzione sway bar, powerbus, powerlets and air shock.

Spyder Garage

1967 GTO. Do I still wish I had that car

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

1972 Buick Electra. When I joined the Air Force, I gave that to my brother, then bought a 1983 Dodge Shelby Charger when they came out.
    It currently keeps the Spyder company in the garage...

Spyder Garage

My first car I bought and payed for was as 1967 Plymoth Baracudda fastback. 272 V8 with 4 on the floor and bucket seats. qold with a black interior. Lot of fun times with that car.
    All the great movements in the world began with a cup of coffee!

2018 F3-T

My mods: Can am Trailer hitch, USB and 12 volt power outlets, Gustason windshield, Bead rider seat cushion, battery harness for electric gear and battery tender, Time out trailer.
    2018 F3-T , Pearl White

Memorial Member
    Spyder Garage

1971 Mercury Montego (previous life as a police car) with a 351 Windsor in it.

Butch's was a 1964 Ford Galaxy 500 with a 391 in it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Spyder Owner Since June '08 & April '12

Spyder Garage

1st car was a 1972 AMC hornet(nicknamed the horny hornet)

Totaled that in college when a parked car jumped out in front of me

My father then threatened me with another AMC beauty.. The Pacer!

I pleaded with him not to do it.....I think tears actually prevented that from happening.
    Ended up with a 75 Chevy malibu...no power steering...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Rewaco RF-1 GT

Inline 4 cylinder Ford Zetec with multi-port fuel inject, 140 HP
    0-60mph: 5.8 seconds
    5 speed sync manual with reverse, mechanical dry clutch.
    Front suspension: Trapezoidal fork with center spring
    Rear suspension: Independent with Bilstein gas shock absorbers
    Brake System: Grimeca calipers, linked ventilated discs, with booster
    10.57 gallons

Spyder Garage

FADED Hospital Green 1974 Plymouth Duster with a slant six - $900.00 - Totaled within two months because I was a teenager with poor decision making abilities.
    Kinggeek
    Mandeville,LA

VERY HAPPY Spyder Ryder!

Where have we been on the Spyder? See below:

Can-Am Spyder ST-S SE5 in Congac

Spyder Garage

My first car was a 1964 Chevy Impala with a 327. I would race anybody that looked sideways at me and although I didn't always win, it gave me the thrill for speed. It was also my beach buggy, hauling me and my surfboard to the waves in my endless summer. Wish I could do it all again.
    My 2011 RSS SM5 Mods all self installed: Spyder Detailing Graphics, Madstad, Kewlmetal risers, Rivco Driver Floorboards, Evoluzione Sway Bar, 25" Touring Windshield, 2010 RT Shocks, Hindle Exhaust, Isci Handbrake, Kurakyn Grips , Rivco Passenger Floorboards, Tricled fender tips and fender lights. Rivco license plate flag holder. BRP backrest. ESI tail light lens.

Registered Users JJW SpyderRider's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

My first car was a VW beetle. I think it was a '59, '60, '61, '62 depending on what part you hand your hand on. Paid $50, not worth it. Steering wheel fell in my lap going down the road once. At a stop sign a guy jumped out of his car with a fire extinguisher thinking it was on fire, no just smoked a lot .

RT-S: HMT brake light, mud flap lights/turn signals, Trailer hitch, Garmin 660 GPS, Ride-On, Travel cover, LED Mirror turn signals, LED trunk lighting, RGB ground effect lighting, BajRon anti-sway bar, to be continued ......

Member of the WSR (Woodstock Spyder Riders)

Very Active Member Spyderjockey's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

My first car was a 55 olds 88 2 door that I bought for $250 from a bar owner on terms of what ever I could afford until it was paid for and then I picked it up and felt like it was the best car on the road. Had it for close to a year when the head lights went out one night when I hit the dimmer switch for an oncoming car and almost hit some guard rails because I couldn't see anything. Never could find the problem...replaced dimmer switch, headlight switch etc. finally took it to a garage and they could not find the short and said I would have to replace the whole wire harness at about $200. Never drove it after dark after that, but I sure loved that car and always wished I had kept it. This picture is not of my car but looks just about the way mine did except a little better shape!

Corbin Bags and Corbin trailer hitch
    Shark 250 Watt Sound System with 2 speakers in front 1 in back
    Kurakyn Highway Foot Pegs
    Garmin nuvi 1450 LMT with Ram Mount
    F1 Queen Slider Windshield
    Power Outlet
    Shark communtication system
    SDC L.E.D. 6" Tail/Brake Light
    Gremlin Bell from Tail of the Dragon ride
    Cortech tank bag
    Kewlmetal adjustable handlebars
    Elkas Shocks all the way around
    Utopia Backrest

Love my Spyder!!!

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

First car, 54 Ford 2 door coup V8, 3 on the floor (aftermarket) all white with a green interior, Baby moon hub caps on black rims. Paid $125.00 + 20.00 for new paint in 1962. The V8 was Ford's first over head valve engine. For some reason if you took a corner holding to many RPM'S the pushrods would pop out of position and I would have to stop, remove the valve cover and pop the pushrod-rods under the rockers. About a 6 min. job. Beside the tractor and the 30's International farm truck, My neighbor taught me how to road drive (drivers training) at the age of 14 in a 52 Nash. He was elderly and needed someone to drive them to there lake cottage. About 100 Miles. They watched Lawrence Welk and I got the keys to the Boat. Wow have times changed.

Spyder Garage

1981 Diesel Chevette 5 speed. Approx 50 miles to the gallon around town. I learned how to drive a manual with this car. You could let out the clutch in any gear, and it would go. Dark brown with one gold door, and lots of rust. Best winter car ever, but not good in the snow. With the block heater it always had warm air first thing on a winter morning. It died with ~476,000+ miles, I miss it so much these days.
    Three in the garage, and I think I can fit at least one more in.....and then we will have to build another garage.
    The roads in NY are so bad that I am glad we bought a Ryker Rally

Just sayin'............

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Very close to what I had back in '80. A '74 beetle, bored out to 1776ccs with Weber carbs, lowered, gold "Empi" mags, and in the same rally yellow. I didn't have the "eyebrows" on the headlights.

That was followed by I think, a 1980's Saab 900 turbo, a 91 Acura Integra LS, a '90 Mazda Miata, an Isuzu Trooper II, a VW Jetta, an Audi 4000 quattro, an Audi 80 quattro, a Porsche 911 SC, Nissan Frontier, Nissan Murano, and most currently an Audi A3 3.2 quattro.
    Last edited by asp125; 01-19-2013 at 10:50 PM.
    When life throws you curves, aim for the apex
    Current stable: 09 Thruxton / 09 FZ6
    Sold List: 97 Ninja500R, 03 SV650K3, 01 Ducati 750Sport Dark, 73 CB350/4, 03 F650GSA, 08 Gixxer600, 03 Gixxer600, 91 VFR750F, 09 KLX250, 06 Thruxton 900, 08 Spyder RS , 12 Street TripleR, 15 RC390, 02 VFR800, 09 KLX250S, 10 F650GS
    JLohPhotos
    ... Motorcycles are kind of like Baskin Robbins... You're looking at 31 flavors of ice cream, don't you kind of want to know what they all taste like?...
    2008 GS , Millennium Yellow

SpyderLovers Sponsor Motorcycledave's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default FIRST

1947 Plymouth Business Coupe....

Teddys favorite human CyncySpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Cool

Learned to drive a manual from 1st to 2nd in this

Drove this home where it blew the engine in the driveway

This was my 1st real car

And this was Teddys 1st

Spyder Garage

1969 toyota Corona, almost lived in it for one summer then drove it back and forth from NY to Boston and blow the engine on the way home and had a party fixing it with makeshift tools then drove it to Charleston,SC ware it died! Great car
    2015 RT White,Tj's Dash mount,Rivco's Duel Flag Holder,SealsFloorBoards(Pups),Custom Dynamics fender lights(R/W)Bajaron's Swaybar & links,Lamonster's LED headlights,lidlox.Wiredux A-arm driving lights(upper&lower)FOBO TPMS system,Spyerpops lighted bumpskid,Foom handgrips.
    tobor9@me.com

Spyder Garage

Default 37

My first was a 1937 Oldsmobile coupe with rumble seat. Found in Arequipa had it towed to Lima, put in a straight 6 lowered it, tossed the fenders and had radio intercom with the rumble sea. had it till I left for school in the US.
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

Default Re: What Was Your First Car?

Que chevere! Que studiastes?

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2
    2012 RT A&C bought new 42312 sold July 2018 56k miles currently driving a 2014 RTSE6 LTD bought October 2018 w 6800 miles nicely farkled
    2014 RT SE6 LTD , White