Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by frank3 View Post
    I think you're talking about the new sway bar. Installed mine 2 weeks ago and I've got to say, it may well be the greatest addition I made to my RT. I have a 2010 and had already upgraded the shocks to the 2011 model and had them set as firm as possible. With Ron's new sway bar, I've backed the shocks off to the second softest setting and the RT takes the corners FLAT. Love it.
    Same here, 2010 with '11 shocks and installed Ron's sway bar a few weeks before going to Spyderfest. I highly recommend it. Installation was good, If you can turn a wrench you can install it.
    Happy Spyderlovers

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by thehawk View Post
    I haven't tried ... but I think so. the inside lip of the ramp would be on the inside of the front tires ... my guess is that there would be plenty of room ... but someone probably has tried it here.

thehawk
    I use the black plastic ramps sold at Advance auto and other auto supply stores. they work great for the spyder. It drives up on them with no problem. The lift jack would probally be better but I already had the ramps. that's what I used to install the swaybar. No problem.
    Happy Spyderlovers

Spyder Garage

Default If you own an RT and like get'n on the twisties, do yourself a favor & read thi

I have a set of '12 shocks with about 1000 miles on them that I would part with for $100 if anybody wants them PM me.

Bob

Current Bikes:
    2018 BMW K1600 B
    2012 Spyder RT LTD - Sold
    2003 HD VRSCA (VROD)

Very Active Member MidLifeCrisis's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default If you own an RT and like get'n on the twisties, do yourself a favor & read this post

Another happy customer.

Just finished the installation a couple of hours ago and even with the 2010 shocks I can feel a huge difference. I could actually accelerate in turns and no more oversteer. The bike feels way lighter too. I may actually be able to keep up in twisties for a change. Can't wait to feel the difference with newer shocks

Thanks Ron. A great product indeed.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Easy to install and we love them...

Teddys favorite human CyncySpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Lightbulb And now a word from our Sponsor ....... The OTHER one

OK folks, so our trip to SpyderFest 2013 was our first real long distance test since doing numerous mods and finally putting Teds Red Sled ALL back together again and we made the trip towing our Moto-Mate Camper.

From day one of the RonBar install, we could tell a major difference in handling as most of you have also experienced and reported here as well. But with us also changing from OEM tires to the much stiffer auto tires that we put on, and with towing our camper on this trip, to say I got the sh*t beat out of me would be being kind. I had played with the PSI in the tires trying to find the best compromise between being to stiff and giving a spine shaking ryde to too soft and having a bouncy ryde. Finally found that happy place in between and thought all was well, but over a thousand mile trip my back was telling me otherwise.

I mentioned the harsh ryde to John of Elka Shocks while Teddy and I were at PitBulls having work done on his Red Sled, and that's when John asked if I also had the new RonBar installed which I confirmed. Then John clued me in to what others have reported here, about backing off the suspension a bit. He said with the stiffer Anti-Sway Bar, most ppl with Elkas installed on their RTs could change the preload on the Shocks a Full 2 to 3 revolutions and that should make for a more comfortable ryde.

The day after we returned, I put Teds Red Sled up in the air, and adjusted the pre-load rings 3 full rotations.

OH MY GOD!!! Its like the difference between Corn Beefed Hash and BUTTER That was the missing piece of the puzzle, getting the suspension dialed in correctly for the improved set-up and now there is once again, JOY IN MUDVILLE

Thanks RON for an AWESOME product and JOHN for cluing me in I tell ya, I'm live'n & Learn'n Every Day
    Last edited by CyncySpyder; 05-10-2013 at 06:24 AM.

Spyder Garage

Ron Sway bar
    Spyder RT LTD 2018 SE6 ASPHALT GREY METALLIC - DARK EDITION( Wife)
    Spyder F3T 2016 LTD Black Special Édition
    French Spyder Forum
    SpyderTeam Rive-Sud MTL

Facebook
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/spyderteam/
    Twitter
    https://twitter.com/SpyderTeam_ca

Spyder Garage

[QUOTE=CyncySpyder;619426]OK folks, so our trip to SpyderFest 2013 was our first real long distance test since doing numerous mods and finally putting Teds Red Sled ALL back together again and we made the trip towing our Moto-Mate Camper.

From day one of the RonBar install, we could tell a major difference in handling as most of you have also experienced and reported here as well. But with us also changing from OEM tires to the much stiffer auto tires that we put on, and with towing our camper on this trip, to say I got the sh*t beat out of me would be being kind. I had played with the PSI in the tires trying to find the best compromise between being to stiff and giving a spine shaking ryde to too soft and having a bouncy ryde. Finally found that happy place in between and thought all was well, but over a thousand mile trip my back was telling me otherwise.

I mentioned the harsh ryde to John of Elka Shocks while Teddy and I were at PitBulls having work done on his Red Sled, and that's when John asked if I also had the new RonBar installed which I confirmed. Then John clued me in to what others have reported here, about backing off the suspension a bit. He said with the stiffer Anti-Sway Bar, most ppl with Elkas installed on their RTs could change the preload on the Shocks a Full 2 to 3 revolutions and that should make for a more comfortable ryde.

The day after we returned, I put Teds Red Sled up in the air, and adjusted the pre-load rings 3 full rotations.

OH MY GOD!!! Its like the difference between Corn Beefed Hash and BUTTER That was the missing piece of the puzzle, getting the suspension dialed in correctly for the improved set-up and now there is once again, JOY IN MUDVILLE

Thanks RON for an AWESOME product and JOHN for cluing me in I tell ya, I'm live'n & Learn'n Every Day
    [/QU

When adjusting the pre-load, which way do you turn the ring?

Teddys favorite human CyncySpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

[/QUOTE]When adjusting the pre-load, which way do you turn the ring?[/QUOTE]

I'm at work and honestly don't recall, would have to look at the shocks to tell you. But if you look at the threads, you want to lighten the preload, allowing the red ring to go UP the threads. I'm thinking clockwise would be going DOWN the threads, thereby making them stiffer and counter-clockwise would be going up, thereby reducing the tension and making them more compliant. Hope that helps & if not let me know & I'll confirm this once I get home and PM you back.
    dave~

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

[/QU
    When adjusting the pre-load, which way do you turn the ring?[/QUOTE]

Just look at the shock and think about "unscrewing" the top ring. If you were looking at a jar with a lid from the same viewpoint, how would you unscrew the lid? Same thing. You want to lengthen the spring, so unscrew the top ring to move it further up the shock body.

I spent time testing and readjusting the preload after the swaybar install, riding rough roads, curvy roads, and interstates with lots of semi's. I finally settled on having the preload two turns softer than where I started. Glad to read in this thread that the experts came to the same conclusion. We took a 750-mile long weekend ride and the ride quality of the RT is much improved. With the better ride, I'd say the lean in the corners was about the same as before the install and it seems the wind stability (had one windy day on the interstate) is the same or better. But with the improved ride quality, it's nonetheless a great overall improvement.

RT and Gold Wing States & Provinces