Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Spyder Garage

Sounds like you found a slice of heaven.....Good luck with the adventure...

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Way to go Scotty...Is it in Michigan?

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

So will a Spydery-type event be hosted there as a housewarming party?
    Oh! Here's your song...

2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Congratulations Scotty. Are you staying in the Kalamazoo area?
    2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Scotty, and good luck to you and Nancy on your new project(s). Dale

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Littlebadwolf View Post
    Way to go Scotty...Is it in Michigan?
    Quote Originally Posted by SpyderAnn01 View Post
    Congratulations Scotty. Are you staying in the Kalamazoo area?
    Just outside of Allegan, MI. We considered TN and NC, but in the end family and our love of SW Michigan won out. The acres of woods and the stream were the kickers. It really is our dream property...a dream we never excpected to come true.

-Scotty
    2011 Spyder RTS-SM5 (mine)
    2000 BMW R1100RTP, motorized tricycle & 23 vintage bikes
    2011 RT-622 trailer, Aspen Sentry popup camper, custom motorcycle trailer to pull behind the Spyder

Mutant Trikes Forever!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

So when can we start showing up without fear of being handed a hammer, a two by four, and a sack of nails??

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Looks great Scotty. Nice and flat with plenty of room to park Spyders. I smell a BBQ
    2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

You are putting the pole barn up first, right! Priorities you know.
    Love my

Statistics show that most motorcycle accidents are caused by a defective nut holding the handlbars.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Trickie Dick View Post
    You are putting the pole barn up first, right! Priorities you know.
    Not sure they will let me...nor if I will have the time or money. It will probably be concurrent.
    -Scotty
    2011 RT-622 trailer, Aspen Sentry popup camper, custom motorcycle trailer to pull behind the Spyder

Mutant Trikes Forever!

Spyder Garage

Will there be a guest room??

USAF '69-'89 E7
    Thailand/Vietnam 1972
    Member: Royal Order of Rat Bastards

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

A beautiful undertaking. If you need the name of a good log cabin constructor there is one in Aspen CO by the name of Ackerman. That outfit does beautiful work.

Good luck and keep your cool.

Arthur---Mexico City

Quote Originally Posted by NancysToy View Post
    For those of you that have been around for a while, you may recognize the subject as a take-off on an old song from 1966. I'll let it go at that, but it aptly describes our condition.

Nancy and I have been seriously looking at land for many months. On Thanksgiving Day we took a long Spyder ride, and found a promising piece. We looked at it closely the next week, and bought it immediately. We now have 11.5 acres with woods and a stream. Since then we have taken the madness to a new level...we are building a half-log house on the property. After weeks of looking at models and plans, drawing and modifying plans we liked, then scrapping everything and starting over, we have selected a log company and a builder, and have submitted our preliminary plans. This is an insane thing for someone my age, with a long paid off mortgage, to do...but it does cross a thing or two off our bucket lists. Wish us well!

I hate to leave the place where we have lived for 33+ years, and the polebarn that I built to house my treasures, but in the bargain, I will get a brand new pole barn, much larger, with room for a car and bike lift and for all my toys. Too busy designing the house now, but the barn design will follow soon. I expect I will build that myself, while I let the builder deal with the house. There is only so much climbing a ladder and swinging a hammer that an old fella can tolerate.

If I am online less, and don't seem as active, never fear...we still ride Spyders and love them dearly. We'll will remain active on SpyderLovers, but we may be a bit busier with other things from time to time. We hope to be at Spyderfest and the Owner's Event...among others, but if schedules get tight, we may have to make some adjustments. Let's hope there is time for everything!

Bring on the straight-jackets...here we go!

Teddys favorite human CyncySpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Thumbs up Teddy & I would like to say Congrats on following your dreams Scotty

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Congrats Scotty and Nancy. You guys are living (gonna be) your dream and mine. When I retired from my 30+ year Air Force career, my dream was to build a log home on a few acres with a fast running stream and learn to fly fish. Didn't happen. Wife wasn't keen on "country" living and oldest daughter w/ husband and our first grandson had settled in SE Virginia. So I sacrificed my "dream" for family and retired in SE VA, but I'm still dreaming.

I envy you!!!!
    2016 F3-L Special Series? Mods: Lamonster IPS end caps w/ Gripper 3rd pegs, GPS mount, Power Plate, Perf. Muffler; Backoff Brake Light Strobe; CD Front (amber/red) Brightsides & Tip Kit; ISCI Flag Holder w/Long Poles; BRP Signature Light, Aux Lights, Saddlebag Liners, Garmin 590 GPS; TricLED foam Grips, LEDs (Aux/headlights); Pitbull Driving Lights; RDL seat; Ultimate backrest

Previous ryde: 2012 RT-L, 26,636 miles on it when traded; 2014 RT-L, 34,147 miles on it when traded

Spyder Garage

Default can I get a room near you

We are looking at doing the same thing? Now we are looking at building also, but not a log cabin.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Erags View Post
    We are looking at doing the same thing? Now we are looking at building also, but not a log cabin.
    We are a bad influence!
    -Scotty

Mutant Trikes Forever!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

It sounds better if you just say, "Trendsetter".

Spyder Garage

Well, Scotty and Nancy...if you are crazy, then WE are certifiably insane. (That could be true, even if you aren't crazy). Ed and I are looking at places down here, with the intention of getting off the water and into a one story home. We found a one acre lot that we like (I'm drawing the line on property much bigger than that) and are meeting with a builder tomorrow. Looks like we might be doing the same thing as you guys, albeit on a smaller scale...only difference is, we're dealing with Ed being on chemo at the same time. I keep meaning to ask our financial planner if it's the right move at this time in our lives, but I'm afraid he'd have me committed! LOL. Good luck with everything! Maybe I should just have you send your plans down here and we could take them to the builder...we won't need quite as big a pole barn as you since you are WAY ahead of Erags in the toy department!
    2008 GS Phantom, 2012 RT Limited
    Cheryl Reinhart Ragsdale

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by DocRags View Post
    Well, Scotty and Nancy...if you are crazy, then WE are certifiably insane. (That could be true, even if you aren't crazy). Ed and I are looking at places down here, with the intention of getting off the water and into a one story home. We found a one acre lot that we like (I'm drawing the line on property much bigger than that) and are meeting with a builder tomorrow. Looks like we might be doing the same thing as you guys, albeit on a smaller scale...only difference is, we're dealing with Ed being on chemo at the same time. I keep meaning to ask our financial planner if it's the right move at this time in our lives, but I'm afraid he'd have me committed! LOL. Good luck with everything! Maybe I should just have you send your plans down here and we could take them to the builder...we won't need quite as big a pole barn as you since you are WAY ahead of Erags in the toy department!
    I thought Ed's idea of a dream home was a big concrete block barn with living quarters at one end...LOL.

BTW, I may have more toys, but yours are more expensive.
    -Scotty

Mutant Trikes Forever!

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Congrats Scotty and Nancy,
    I know this is something you have been thinking about for some time. I am more than willing to help you if need be. I am a pretty good at electrical and can throw a hand in on anything else to help. I am not far away so feel free to get a hold of me and I will be there. This is a big project, don't be reluctant to call.
    Kevin

Memorial Member
    Spyder Garage

Good luck with everything! Don't forget to post pictures now and to let us see the process.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Spyder Owner Since June '08 & April '12

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by NancysToy View Post
    For those of you that have been around for a while, you may recognize the subject as a take-off on an old song from 1966. I'll let it go at that, but it aptly describes our condition.

Nancy and I have been seriously looking at land for many months. On Thanksgiving Day we took a long Spyder ride, and found a promising piece. We looked at it closely the next week, and bought it immediately. We now have 11.5 acres with woods and a stream. Since then we have taken the madness to a new level...we are building a half-log house on the property. After weeks of looking at models and plans, drawing and modifying plans we liked, then scrapping everything and starting over, we have selected a log company and a builder, and have submitted our preliminary plans. This is an insane thing for someone my age, with a long paid off mortgage, to do...but it does cross a thing or two off our bucket lists. Wish us well!

I hate to leave the place where we have lived for 33+ years, and the polebarn that I built to house my treasures, but in the bargain, I will get a brand new pole barn, much larger, with room for a car and bike lift and for all my toys. Too busy designing the house now, but the barn design will follow soon. I expect I will build that myself, while I let the builder deal with the house. There is only so much climbing a ladder and swinging a hammer that an old fella can tolerate.

If I am online less, and don't seem as active, never fear...we still ride Spyders and love them dearly. We'll will remain active on SpyderLovers, but we may be a bit busier with other things from time to time. We hope to be at Spyderfest and the Owner's Event...among others, but if schedules get tight, we may have to make some adjustments. Let's hope there is time for everything!

Bring on the straight-jackets...here we go!
    THEY'ER GOING TO TAKE YOU AWAY HA HA!!! THEY'ER GOING TO TAKE YOU AWAY HO HO!!!!! You lucky so and so you have a creek??? I found 36 ac and wouldn't ya know NO water!!! above ground anyway!!Enjoy your new fun and fixin!!