Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Spyder Garage

Default Spyderfest Camping

Just going to put this out there and see where it goes. But looking to see where SL members will be camping. I'm not really ever been
    in this area so kinda in the the dark on camp sites.
    Thanks for reading this post!
    States Judy and I have visited so far on the

Spyder Garage

Default RV, camping

I asked the same question as we travel in a motorhome. Only one park listed at www.spyderfest.com so far. Was told that MoGang will look into other options/parks in the area. Google and Yahoo searchers came up with multiple parks in and around Springfield. Hope that someone in the area can give us a heads up on good parks close to meeting sites. Cancelled my reservation at Ladybug, hated to do it as they were in a great location and very friendly with nice facilities.

Spyder Garage

Found the following when I started looking for a campsite....

There seems to be no large campgrounds close to the area where we will be. There is a KOA in Springfield but as usual kinda pricey and very much in the city. The Timbercrest campground has several very bad reviews but it is the most convenient to the event hotels area.

There are two smaller campgrounds (RVs only) not far from Ozark that have full hookups but are like camping in a parking lot. One is in Ozark and the other (Stage Stop RV) is near Lamberts Cafe. We will miss the LadyBug Campground this year!
    Last edited by cjackg; 01-05-2013 at 10:19 AM.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

That's pretty much what I've found out. I'd prefer to tent-camp, but haven't found any viable places yet. So I have a reservation at Comfort Inn, and will keep looking.

The guy at Stage Stop in Ozark said the closest tent camping places are in Branson, or at state parks near Branson.

If I find anything, I'll let ya'll know.
    Last edited by PrairieSpyder; 01-02-2013 at 03:20 PM.
    PrairieSpyder (Patti)

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by cjackg View Post
    Found the following when I started looking for a campsite....

There seems to be no large campgrounds close to the area where we will be. There is a KOA in Springfield but as usual kinda pricey and very much in the city. The Timbercrest campground has several very bad reviews but it is the most convenient to the event hotels area.

There are two smaller campgrounds (RVs only) not far from Ozark that have full hookups but are like camping in a parking lot. One is in Ozark and the other (Stage Stop RV) is near Lamberts Cafe. I made a reservation there.

We will miss the LadyBug Campground!

I think Timbercrest has been one suggested. And I also seen the reviews which took me back to shopping. I wonder if any upgrades have been done since those reviews? This is such a nice area surprised there aren't more places around it for camping. Thanks for the info.

Teddys favorite human CyncySpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Question Teddy & I will be keep'n an eye on this thread as well

As others have stated, we too are going to miss LadyBug, good location & sites & even better people. Hopefully someone finds & lists one of the hidden gems in the area that can make all of us Happy Campers

If such is discovered, Teddy & I usually try to find other SpyderLovers to share a site with if anyone is interested. Its just him & I in our lil Moto-Mate camper we'll be towing behind his Spyder. We don't take up much room, but be forwarned, Teddy DOES attract allot of attention

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by CyncySpyder View Post
    As others have stated, we too are going to miss LadyBug, good location & sites & even better people. Hopefully someone finds & lists one of the hidden gems in the area that can make all of us Happy Campers

If such is discovered, Teddy & I usually try to find other SpyderLovers to share a site with if anyone is interested. Its just him & I in our lil Moto-Mate camper we'll be towing behind his Spyder. We don't take up much room, but be forwarned, Teddy DOES attract allot of attention
    Dave yours always welcome at our campsite. Just let us know if you want to hook up. But not sure where yet.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by rcdurango View Post
    I think Timbercrest has been one suggested. And I also seen the reviews which took me back to shopping. I wonder if any upgrades have been done since those reviews? This is such a nice area surprised there aren't more places around it for camping. Thanks for the info.

Keep me an Rhonda up to date. We are probably gonna go this year.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by kentuckyguy View Post
    Keep me an Rhonda up to date. We are probably gonna go this year.
    You got it Bro!

Spyder Garage

Len is going to Springfield tomorrow to look around and see if we can find a good camp ground for those needing it. Give us some time and we will do our best. Thank you all so much for your patience and understanding

SpyderLady

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Exclamation RV Camping Ozark Mo

Per 2011 Trailer Life Directory is Ozark RV Park: (Priv) Good gravel interior rds. From Jct of Us65 and SR 14 W 500 ft on SR14 to 20th St (L) Turn L just before the 66 Station( no RV park Sign) Addr 320 N 20 th St Ozark Mo 65721 Sites: 44 Avail. 2 paved, 42 Gravel,patios, 44 pull thrus(26X60) Big rig sites. 44 full hook ups (30/50 amp) cable(major) Svc Fac. Dump, Rec none. Last years rates $20. V, MC, D, Debit (417) 581-3203 TL = 3.5 /na/3.5 ( these numbers are their ratings of the park.They are low. There aren't listing for tents. Branson has about 23 (give or take a few) Campgrounds, 10 of which are Good Sam Parks. As pointed out most of theBranson parks are about 30 to 35 miles from Ozark.Hiway 65 is a freeway. Previous is FYI. just saying.

Spyder Garage

Default Waiting to hear

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderLady View Post
    Len is going to Springfield tomorrow to look around and see if we can find a good camp ground for those needing it. Give us some time and we will do our best. Thank you all so much for your patience and understanding
    Thanks! Looking forward to getting word then. It was Spyderfest last year and talking to others that where camping that really got
    Judy and I interested in a toy hauler. We where so looking forward to this year's event and camping. Hope Len can report back with
    something that works for all SL that like camping. Just like the thought of a bunch of SL sitting around a campfire shooting the s__t.
    Thanks for MoGang's help!

Spyder Garage

We stay at the Koa and is great place just 6 miles west of x-65 look at koa on line? That's where staing when we get in town .

Spyder Garage

Default KOA

Quote Originally Posted by Spacetrucker View Post
    We stay at the Koa and is great place just 6 miles west of x-65 look at koa on line? That's where staing when we get in town .
    Judy and I decided to put a reservation in at the KOA. That's where we will be if anybody wants to join us.

Spyder Garage

Paradise in the Woods is rated 8.0/8.5*/7.5 in the Trailer Life Directory.
    They do allow tents.
    Last edited by Cavman; 01-05-2013 at 11:53 AM.

Spyder Garage

Just to note, the Springfield KOA has Cabin/Cottage rentals (7) for those who don't have a camper.

Spyder Garage

I have reserved a tent spot at koa in Springfield, but that can change if someone comes up with a better place.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by rcdurango View Post
    Judy and I decided to put a reservation in at the KOA. That's where we will be if anybody wants to join us.
    I guess we will be going with you an Judy if the invite is still there.

Spyder Garage

KOA is a fine park. We use it all the time when come thu to Springfield , and the caves here .they are great people to deal with and are happy to have all of us coming to the fest able. Talk to them and like I said the are happy. This time year is very slow and the will help in any way they can, to you and me and all. Ok zkoa koa koa come on in or come all over....

Spyder Garage

Their isa club that has cave they will take you on . But during that time of the year water is hi in most off caves .latejune is the best thu oct before Raines come back in. They have some tours around this part of mo that have some great caves to go thu. Look on springsfield tours page and the tell you about some of them here. And done in Branson to and Joplin also Lin the lower part south of there.

Spyder Garage

Also mo has a lot of dif caves around the state to go to. Maps on line show you all the caves in mo,

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by kentuckyguy View Post
    I guess we will be going with you an Judy if the invite is still there.
    I think it would be fun times will need to figure out some sleeping arrangements that works for the both of us.

Spyder Garage

Cavman you could do that but not that will be the way I will drown out the trains.

Spyder Garage

As for the train by KOA only 2times some time week end 3 about o 8 hrs apart but call they will tell you the times but not as bad in town sound

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I just booked a tent site at KOA and canceled the Comfort Inn. I wouldn't mind getting a cabin at KOA, but would want some roomies. The cabin has no bathroom or kitchen, but it has real beds, electricity, ac & heat. If there are a couple of ladies who'd like to share, please PM me, and if a cabin is still available, we can book it.
    Last edited by PrairieSpyder; 01-09-2013 at 09:11 AM.
    PrairieSpyder (Patti)