Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Default Got to sit on my first Spyer today.

Hi there,

I'm a rookie. I've never ridden a motorcycle but I'm 100% sure that come this spring, I will be purchasing either a new 2013 Spyer RT-S or RT-Ltd. I can't wait.

I got to sit on a 2012 RT-Ltd today at Leer's Cycle Center in Waterloo and the machine fit me like a glove. I think I've got SAS (Spyder Acquisition Syndrome) and I'm hoping that it doesn't turn into FAS (Farkle Acquisition Syndrome). This dealer supplies Spyders to the MSC that's taught at the local community college in town. The people I talked to seemed really nice and I hope that they will be good to deal with because they are close (15 miles) to where I live. The next closest dealer is in Cedar Rapids which is about 50 miles away.

I've been reading and learning loads of stuff from this forum. Everyone seems very nice and is willing to share their knowledge, even to newbies like me. Us newbies really appreciate your kindness, patience and wealth of information that you provide. Even though I've read many posts concerning problems with the Spyder, I agree with many of you here, you will always hear about problems with things, you rarely hear anything when things are going well.

I probably will lurk more than post but know that I appreciate everything that goes on here.

Going into Lurk mode,

Thanks,

Tony
    <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <><
    2017 Red F3T

Mods
    Lamonster RIP Floorboards
    Lamonster H4 LED headlights
    Lamonster LED Fog Lights
    Lamonster LED White and Amber Fog Ring
    Lamonster Show Chrome Fender kit
    Lamonster Drink holder
    Lamonster Dual Power Plate with large X-Grip
    Lamonster F3 Driver Back Rest
    Lamonster Lid Lock
    Baker Air Wings Luggage Rack

Spyder Garage

-Scotty
    2011 Spyder RTS-SM5 (mine)
    2000 BMW R1100RTP, motorized tricycle & 23 vintage bikes
    2011 RT-622 trailer, Aspen Sentry popup camper, custom motorcycle trailer to pull behind the Spyder

Mutant Trikes Forever!

Spyder Garage

Welcome and if you get a 2013 you can go easy on the upgrades because it has Most of them!!!!

2015 F3 sm6, Custom Dynamics fender lights.

Sea Doo GTI-SE 90 Jet Ski!!

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

From a fellow guitar player, hope to see you riding soon.

Spyder Garage

from another guitar man.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Wait till the 2013's come out, and go get one, and ride over my way so I can see it.
    Any way......Welcome, GuitarPlayer , You came to the right place to get answers to any questions you have. Hope to see you on the road.

....and we're gonna ride, we're gonna ride.....

ride like the one-eyed Jack of Diamonds, with
    the devil close behind,.....we're gonna ride....

2008 GS.....PE # 2888

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default getting on a spyder

Don't ever sit on a spyder unless you plan to own one in the future. We all get caught in their web when we do. Go ahead and make one of the deels in a life time.

Spyder Garage

Default Another Guitar Player/Drummer

I've been lurking on here for 2 years and just pulled the trigger Oct 4th of this year and I'm TOTALLY in love. You'll find information more than any operators manual right here in this forum. I think I've asked every dumb question there is and everyone is always gracious with their answers. So, lurk away my friend.

farmerjim
    Jim Dumey
    Enjoy the Passage of Time with

Spyder Garage

Default Will help anyway I can

Heya! Very smart approach and you have patience!! This is a great place to start - and there are nuggets all over the forums...some are buried deep and others are at your finger tips...just tonight I didn't realize that w/in the Sponsors/Business forums - there is a gent in California selling B.E.S.T warranties!! I purchased one today for 900+tax=$927 - which is a bit higher than what he's advertising for SL members ~$750. Quite a bit of difference and it's good nationwide of course...Good Luck!! Stay informed & Ask away - These folks have been very very good to a newbie like me!! And they will help you!

And when you do buy - and find yourself in the southeastern USofA - let me/Charlotte know! Would be happy to ryde
    2012 RT A/C SE5 (A9CA) Magnesium
    04Oct - purchased 1mi
    25Oct - 538mi
    27Oct - 626mi 1st Svc - 714mi end of day.
    UltraGard RT Cover; Custom Dynamics Rear HMT (installed); Custom Dynamics Mud Flap LEDs (installed); Chrome Lower Spoiler Trims (not installed); Widow/Spyder Rear Axle Caps (not installed)...should get these installed......12v Battery Tender Jr.

Spyder Garage

to our web.................you'll be a proud owner in no time!

Spyder: 2011 RT Limited w/ RT-622 trailer
    Mods: ESI Brightsides, RT Rear Brightsides, HMT Brake Light, Scuff Guards, Utopia Backrest, Chrome, and more Chrome, Pearl White Rear View Mirrors, Rear Fender, and Dashboard, Black Rear Wheel and Belt Assy, SpyderPops Heat Shields & Bump Skid, Elka Stage 1+ Shocks, 2012 SF Graphics, Silver Carbonfiber Dash, Corbin Arm Rests, Baker A.W., BRP Vented WindShield. BR's Sway Bar, Tricled White Halo Lights, BadBoy Air Horn, Spyder Legs Floor Boards

Spyder Garage

FAS will start soon...
    1. it is what it is - 2014 Black RT-S - Baja Ron Anti-Sway bar, lots of LEDs, Spyderpops Skid Plate, Twisted Sister HID Driving Lights, Tricled 2nd, 3rd & 4th brake lights, F4 Customs vented windshield, Lamonster highway pegs, Ultimate Tall Boy seat, Utopia backrest

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Thumbs up WELCOME

As a former lurker i welcome you to the very very addictive but great fun world of SPYDERIN and look forward to your posts post spyder lurking ,all you need to know is here .

cheers mick

Spyder Garage

, when I fell in love with the spyder I had a hard time waiting a couple of weeks, good look waiting until spring....

harry
    "Draco dormiens nunquam titillandus"
    My Rides;
    Nimbus 2000, Ford Anglia, 2012 Spyder RT Limited, Pre 14 Vintage Classic Collectors Edition!

Favorite Ride;
    Nimbus 2000 boy this thing can fly.

Mods:
    Charm of invisibility, Reparo Charm (cuts down on service cost)

One always wonders about roads not taken.

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default NEWBIE

A FEW THINGS TO THINK ABOUT.....AS FAR AS PROBLEMS .....YES THERE ARE SOME.....BUT CONSIDERING THAT YOU ARE GETTING THE FEEDBACK HERE FROM ALMOST 10,000 SPYDER OWNERS....I DON'T THINK IT'S REALLY THAT BAD.........ALSO DO NOT THINK THIS HANDLES ANYTHING LIKE A MOTORCYCLE......DRIVE IT JUST LIKE A CAR AND YOU WILL LEARN FASTER.....GOOD LUCK....MIKE..

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Be careful... Once they sink their fangs in; it's pretty tough to escape! Welcome aboard!!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Very Active Member sealfloorboards's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

When ya know somethings right, it just is. That's what I thought when I saw my first Spyder in '08. Some day finally became a reality in '09. What I didn't know then was that buying from a good dealer is just the first part of the equation. The most important thing (after mods.) is service!!! I ride 80 miles for all my service because it is so superior to that which is 20 miles away. Get to know your Service Mgr. He can make or break your Spyder love affair. What you really want is to be problem free and.....

Ride in comfort,

John
    Seal Floorboards

MOgang Member & Pyro-Man kevorama's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

We left our Honda VTX at home and drove to the local dealership (an hour away), saw the Viper Red RTS, test drove it and then took the bike over the next day and traded it in. FAS will happen to be sure. Welcome to the SL club!
    “Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll die tomorrow.”
    James Dean

Spyder Garage

There is absolutely no way that SAS doesn't turn rather suddenly into FAS! Be forewarned! The bite of the Spyder progresses to all sorts of things, all of which are fun (other than the lightening of the wallet). Hope you are able to join the ranks of the Spyder riders soon...it's best to give in to SAS as soon as possible to maximize your exposure to the Spyder's allure.
    2008 GS Phantom, 2012 RT Limited
    Cheryl Reinhart Ragsdale

Spyder Garage

Default congrats !!

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by GuitarPlayer View Post
    Hi there,

I'm a rookie. I've never ridden a motorcycle but I'm 100% sure that come this spring, I will be purchasing either a new 2013 Spyer RT-S or RT-Ltd. I can't wait.

I got to sit on a 2012 RT-Ltd today at Leer's Cycle Center in Waterloo and the machine fit me like a glove. I think I've got SAS (Spyder Acquisition Syndrome) and I'm hoping that it doesn't turn into FAS (Farkle Acquisition Syndrome). This dealer supplies Spyders to the MSC that's taught at the local community college in town. The people I talked to seemed really nice and I hope that they will be good to deal with because they are close (15 miles) to where I live. The next closest dealer is in Cedar Rapids which is about 50 miles away.

I've been reading and learning loads of stuff from this forum. Everyone seems very nice and is willing to share their knowledge, even to newbies like me. Us newbies really appreciate your kindness, patience and wealth of information that you provide. Even though I've read many posts concerning problems with the Spyder, I agree with many of you here, you will always hear about problems with things, you rarely hear anything when things are going well.

I probably will lurk more than post but know that I appreciate everything that goes on here.

Going into Lurk mode,

Thanks,

Tony

Hey I am in the same boat never been on a motorcycle but I been bit by the spyder and will do what it takes to get on the road. I hope to be able to pull it off and be on a ST in 6 months or so. I'm new to all this so will be here reading a ton of posts! To all north Texas folks I hope to join you soon! Any dealership suggestions plmk.
    Last edited by Osros; 10-30-2012 at 07:09 PM.

Spyder Garage

Default OH HO

OH HO...... sit'n on a SPYD3R is like getting a tattoo.... once you've done it, you're stuck with it forever....

we'll be look'n for you post come next April....
    015.jpg

Teddys favorite human CyncySpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Thumbs up Teddy & I would like to say WELCOME to the SpyderHood

Be forwarned
    the Spyders are Extremely Addictive & there is
    NO 12 STEP PROGRAM

Once bitten, all you can do is Give in &
    ENJOY the RYDE

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Welcome from another prior IA resident. I lived there BS (Before Spyders, 1980's) and love the Quad Cities. Rode mostly BMW's then but love Spyders and only Spyders now! If you need anything just Post! Remember that if you ask two Spyder Lovers a question you'll get three answers so go with the general consensus and make your own way through Spyderdom!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Osros View Post
    Hey I am in the same boat never been on a motorcycle but I been bit by the spyder and will do what it takes to get on the road. I hope to be able to pull it off and be on a ST in 6 months or so. I'm new to all this so will be here reading a ton of posts! To all north Texas folks I hope to join you soon! Any dealership suggestions plmk.

Welcome both of you Where in texas are you located? I get service done in Granbury.

2014 RT Limited Cognac ----- Wraps, skid plate, lights, Elkas
    2002 harley ultra classic
    2008 hayabusa

Spyder Garage

2012 Spyder RS S SE5 Magnesium, Power Commander V with Autotune, HMF Exhaust, Green air filter,
    TricLed/Custom Dynamics Led Project titled "Knight Rider"