Thread: Front wheels

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default Front wheels

I am going to rotate the tires from side to side. When I have it jacked up, do I have to remove the fenders to get the wheels off or will they just tilt and come off easily ?

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

No need to remove the fenders. You can wiggle them out.
    But why bother taking the wheels off yourself than take them to tire shop?
    Prices would vary but a local shop rotated mine for $20.
    6 states down 42 states to go

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by wrbrown View Post
    I am going to rotate the tires from side to side. When I have it jacked up, do I have to remove the fenders to get the wheels off or will they just tilt and come off easily ?
    You should not have to remove the fenders but the higher you can get the Spyder off the ground the better. If your tires are the OEM tires they are a directional tire and will have to be dismounted from the rim to be rotated.

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default ROTATING TIRES

A couple of questions WHY are you doing this......do you have extreme wear on the inside edge ??? if so you need some toe-in.......and bobotar is correct you will need to dis-mount the tires to correctly rotate them and THEN you will have to rebalance them..............personally I think you should get the wear problem fixed and rotating tires in my opinion is not at all cost effective............JMHO.......Mike..........AND I don't think it can be done for $20 in this country or Canada either.................China maybe......

Spyder Garage

Default Front wheels

10.2k on mine and they look brand new...

Spyder Garage

Default TIRE REMOVAL MADE EASY

Quote Originally Posted by bobbobtar View Post
    You should not have to remove the fenders but the higher you can get the Spyder off the ground the better. If your tires are the OEM tires they are a directional tire and will have to be dismounted from the rim to be rotated.
    Removing the mud flaps does make it soooooooooooooooooo much easier tho........just saying.....Mike...

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
    A couple of questions WHY are you doing this......do you have extreme wear on the inside edge ??? if so you need some toe-in.......and bobotar is correct you will need to dis-mount the tires to correctly rotate them and THEN you will have to rebalance them..............personally I think you should get the wear problem fixed and rotating tires in my opinion is not at all cost effective............JMHO.......Mike..........AND I don't think it can be done for $20 in this country or Canada either.................China maybe......
    Well, it was done for $20, unmounted, flipped and balanced, in Los Angeles. I think that's still in US.
    I bought my rear tire from them so that might have played a roll.
    When I bought my fronts from discount tire, I also got their service/warranty contract that included lifetime rotation but they charged me $5 each tire to rotate Because contract doesn't include unmounting of tires...
    6 states down 42 states to go

Teddys favorite human CyncySpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Thumbs up Hey Mike, less than $20 for all three.... pic for proof

At WallyWorld, it is cheaper if you remove them yourself and take them in to get them unmounted & remounted, plus they can usually work you in much quicker than if they have to do it all, then you have to wait in line with all the rest
    Last edited by CyncySpyder; 10-17-2012 at 07:29 AM.

Spyder Garage

Default TIRE THING

Quote Originally Posted by CyncySpyder View Post

At WallyWorld, it is cheaper if you remove them yourself and take them in to get them unmounted & remounted, plus they can usually work you in much quicker than if they have to do it all, then you have to wait in line with all the rest
    Dave I meant to ask you if they also did your rear tire....that's the one car shops have a problem doing...I have a large Walmart near me but no tire service.....I'll have to see about Costco......thanks ..Mike

Spyder Garage

Default TIRE CHANGING COSTS

Quote Originally Posted by aka1004 View Post
    Well, it was done for $20, unmounted, flipped and balanced, in Los Angeles. I think that's still in US.
    I bought my rear tire from them so that might have played a roll.
    When I bought my fronts from discount tire, I also got their service/warranty contract that included lifetime rotation but they charged me $5 each tire to rotate Because contract doesn't include unmounting of tires...
    Paaaaaaaaaaardon me, I was referring to normal people with normal expectations........Not special people likeyou .........If my brother owned the place I wouldn't have to pay anything.......you on the other hand could bet your bibby you would......
    ........just saying...................Mike

Teddys favorite human CyncySpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Thumbs up Sorry, don't mean to hijack this thread, just answering a question

Dave I meant to ask you if they also did your rear tire....that's the one car shops have a problem doing...I have a large Walmart near me but no tire service.....I'll have to see about Costco......thanks ..Mike
    I had everything off the rear tire when I took it in- hub, sprocket, bearing all that jazz- cause I'm replacing all the bearings as well (at 34K miles) but found, it actually didn't need them, but I feel better knowing there all done and new for the next 34K miles So the WallyWorld tire shop had no issues with unmounting the old rear & putting the new rear tire on. Tho, I didn't ask them to balance the rear, as I'm going from others' recommendations and just putting Ride-On in it & I'll see how it works once the entire project is done

Spyder Garage

Spyder Garage

What is this 'Ride on' thing??

Spyderless Member
    Spyder Garage

Sealer and balancer for tires, Don't know if there still a sponsor of Spyderlovers.?

Spyder Garage

Exclamation

19k miles on my OEM tires...still look cherry-new. Never heard of rotating them, but as they are directional treaded, the rubber would have to be removed and reversed.
    Former Navy LT, Retired Chemical Dependency Therapist, Retired Widower, "Do, or do not, there is no try"... Jedi Master Yoda.
    Proud member of AA, PGR, and a Navy Shellback!
    2020 RT Limited Chrome , matte black trim, Green/gray Charcoal? depends on the lighting