Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Default Accident and Spyder totaled

First off.. I'm alright and at home. Will go to Doctor tomorrow to have a check out but so far no pains.

heading West on I-275 in Kentucky towards airport. I was the tail gunner for a PGR mission to the airport to bring a soldier home. I was doing 60 mph in traffic and then WHAM! I saw it a split second and gunned it but didn't get to the shoulder. Witness stopped and said he say the whole thing. Taxi cab was traveling fast and slammed into me. Taxi driver said he was doing 60. Uh.. WRONG. He hit me had enough that my cooler flew out the right saddlebag and I ran it over with the right front tire.

Managed to stay on the bike and a small scratch on my helmet visor. The bike just went over 600 miles. KY is a no fault state so no citations issued (grr.....). Progressive insurance notified.

----
    USAF Retired (1986 - 2006)
    Ohio PGR Ride Captain
    Riding with Dignity, Honor and Respect

Spyder Garage

.....Glad you're ok.

2012 Spyder RS S SE5 Magnesium, Power Commander V with Autotune, HMF Exhaust, Green air filter,
    TricLed/Custom Dynamics Led Project titled "Knight Rider"

Spyder Garage

Ouch! So glad you're ok. I'm amazed you walked away from that, again the Spyder proves its worth as a safer alternative to two wheels. Don't want to think what would have happened to a motorcycle in this instance.

I'm sure the insurance company will come through for you but the important thing is that you came through it ok.

Spyder Garage

Default no such thing as a "fender bender"...

Sorry about your spYder, but glad that you are okay. Even with the added stability of a spYder there is still that added risk without the closed in protection of a car/ truck. I guess that is why everyone that I talk to that rides a motorcycle/trike says their senses are very hightened when they are on the road. I hope I will be able to say the same. Good luck with getting your spYder repaired or new one and once again, glad you are able to tell your own story and not have to have some one tell it for you. God is good!

Spyderless Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by shrubs View Post
    First off.. I'm alright and at home. Will go to Doctor tomorrow to have a check out but so far no pains.

heading West on I-275 in Kentucky towards airport. I was the tail gunner for a PGR mission to the airport to bring a soldier home. I was doing 60 mph in traffic and then WHAM! I saw it a split second and gunned it but didn't get to the shoulder. Witness stopped and said he say the whole thing. Taxi cab was traveling fast and slammed into me. Taxi driver said he was doing 60. Uh.. WRONG. He hit me had enough that my cooler flew out the right saddlebag and I ran it over with the right front tire.

Managed to stay on the bike and a small scratch on my helmet visor. The bike just went over 600 miles. KY is a no fault state so no citations issued (grr.....). Progressive insurance notified.
    Glad your alright, I thought it was only the cabs in Manhattan that you had to be careful around, I guess they
    all went to the same drivers school.

reggystan

Glad your ok, amazing when you describe the accident that it's not worse. That would not happen on a 2 wheel for sure! Great testament to Spyders we can all feel better about while riding! Take care..

Quote Originally Posted by shrubs View Post

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default Glad you're okay

I'm just happy you're okay. Sorry to hear about your Spyder.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Man that's scary! Glad that you are ok! Progressive is a good company they should make good on the bike but don't forget to add anything that you may have added after market.

looks like a new 2013 RT Limited may be in your Future. There is always a silver cloud!!

Spyder Garage

Glad you are okay. Keep us posted.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Glad your ok.
    Rewaco RF-1 GT

Inline 4 cylinder Ford Zetec with multi-port fuel inject, 140 HP
    0-60mph: 5.8 seconds
    5 speed sync manual with reverse, mechanical dry clutch.
    Front suspension: Trapezoidal fork with center spring
    Rear suspension: Independent with Bilstein gas shock absorbers
    Brake System: Grimeca calipers, linked ventilated discs, with booster
    10.57 gallons

Spyder Garage

So thankful that you're unharmed. Doubt that you would have faired so well on a two wheeler. Hope your insurance has you three wheeling very soon. Maybe jump in for some more rear lighting. Stay safe.

Jim Dumey
    farmerjim
    Enjoy the Passage of Time with

Spyder Garage

Where is your right front outside mirror??

Spyder Garage

glad the Lord was looking after you. Ya think he might have been texting, checking his meter, or something else really stupid? He certainly wasn't paying much attention to his driving.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Wow that could have been so much worse. Glad to hear you are okay.
    2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Spyder Garage

Glad to hear you walked away from this and it may be delayed before you feel something. I was involved in a collision while working as a courier. The girl who hit me was playing with the radio. I didn't feel anything til a few hours later and every crack in the road I had pain going up my neck. It still bothers me today when its cold and its been over 10 years. So make sure you go get checked out. I hope your Spyder can be replaced or repaired.

Monday talking to a Spyder tech from Pensacola, he said he was straightening a frame on a Spyder with over $13k in damages. The owner wanted it totaled but his insurance wouldn't total it. The tech didn't know who this guys insurance company was. I didn't ask if it was an RS or RT.
    Happy Spyder Owner

2008 SM5, Trunk Liner, 2" Block Riser, ESI 3" Risers, Evoluzione Cycle o2 Sensor Mod, Corbin Seat and Large Oval Backrest, Madstad RoboBrackets and 24" Clear Windshield, Chrome Clear Catseye LED Tail/Brake/License Plate Light, Brake Strobe, Kuryakyn Grips, Kewlmetals Performance Air kit, Custom Dynamic Orange LED's, Spyder 1 Attitude Performance Exhaust RSS-18-B, Day Runners, Day Pucks, Rivco Highway Pegs, ESI Mirror Extensions, Rivco Floorboards.

Spyder Garage

man its bad enough when any bike rider takes a hit from a tin lid just happy that you are ok ,, just keep a look out for post trauma as its a terrifing thing to go through hope the insurance company looks after you mate

Spyder Garage

Default Accident and Spyder totaled

glad your OK

Registered Users Adirondack Mik's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Someone was watching over you. Glad your alright.
    Mike

Teddys favorite human CyncySpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Exclamation OMG!!! What time did this happen? We must have just missed you ...........

Teddy & I were babysitting at my best friends house yesterday, who lives right off of 275W by the airport and we left his place around 7:30pm and didn't see any comotion at that time, so I'm guessing this must have happend shortly after?

We're both glad that you are ok & I'll PM you my number, if there's anything we can do to help, just let us know.

Dave n Teddy~

Spyder Garage

Few hours of restless sleep last night as my mind is racing.

Quote Originally Posted by Ga Blue Knight View Post
    Man that's scary! Glad that you are ok! Progressive is a good company they should make good on the bike but don't forget to add anything that you may have added after market. looks like a new 2013 RT Limited may be in your Future. There is always a silver cloud!!
    Plan on going though the paper work this morning for what I added (CB, XM, etc....). If the insurance totals it, a 2013 will indeed be in my future.

Quote Originally Posted by cougar View Post
    Where is your right front outside mirror??
    Not sure. Might have gotten knocked off on impact.

Quote Originally Posted by PCBeachBum View Post
    Monday talking to a Spyder tech from Pensacola, he said he was straightening a frame on a Spyder with over $13k in damages. The owner wanted it totaled but his insurance wouldn't total it. The tech didn't know who this guys insurance company was. I didn't ask if it was an RS or RT.
    Bleck! I'm actually hoping for it to be totaled and not repaired. We shall see though.

Quote Originally Posted by pro10is View Post
    Ouch! So glad you're ok. I'm amazed you walked away from that, again the Spyder proves its worth as a safer alternative to two wheels. Don't want to think what would have happened to a motorcycle in this instance.
    I'm glad I wasn't on my Goldwing as I know the outcome would have been much different. From the condition of the pillon seat, I'm thankful my wife decided to stay home on this ride too.
    ----
    Ohio PGR Ride Captain

Very Active Member granpa in Cincy's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Oh man this is just awful. But as you said, not on your goldwing. Hope you remain painless.

Have you considered buying a lottery ticket?

Spyder Garage

wow, glad your ok and was able to walk away, I can't imagine what it would have been like if you had a passenger.

Taxi drivers are one of the worse distracted drivers out there.

Progressive is really good so you should have no issue, this no fault rule is bogus, he clearly went into the back of you.

Fingers crossed that the doctors says your ok, pots pics once you get your new 2013

harry
    "Draco dormiens nunquam titillandus"
    My Rides;
    Nimbus 2000, Ford Anglia, 2012 Spyder RT Limited, Pre 14 Vintage Classic Collectors Edition!

Favorite Ride;
    Nimbus 2000 boy this thing can fly.

Mods:
    Charm of invisibility, Reparo Charm (cuts down on service cost)

One always wonders about roads not taken.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by CyncySpyder View Post
    Teddy & I were babysitting at my best friends house yesterday, who lives right off of 275W by the airport and we left his place around 7:30pm and didn't see any comotion at that time, so I'm guessing this must have happend shortly after?

We're both glad that you are ok & I'll PM you my number, if there's anything we can do to help, just let us know.

Dave n Teddy~
    The accident was around 8PMish (at least that's about when I took the photos) and it happened here: 39.043266,-84.613075. Received your PM. Thanx!
    ----
    Ohio PGR Ride Captain

Spyder Garage

Scary pictures..............happy to hear that you apparently came through it without any issue to yourself. Hope they "total out" the RT because it probably would never be totally back to the way it was before the accident. Keep us posted!

Spyder: 2011 RT Limited w/ RT-622 trailer
    Mods: ESI Brightsides, RT Rear Brightsides, HMT Brake Light, Scuff Guards, Utopia Backrest, Chrome, and more Chrome, Pearl White Rear View Mirrors, Rear Fender, and Dashboard, Black Rear Wheel and Belt Assy, SpyderPops Heat Shields & Bump Skid, Elka Stage 1+ Shocks, 2012 SF Graphics, Silver Carbonfiber Dash, Corbin Arm Rests, Baker A.W., BRP Vented WindShield. BR's Sway Bar, Tricled White Halo Lights, BadBoy Air Horn, Spyder Legs Floor Boards

Spyder Garage

First and foremost, praise the Lord that you're here and able to write about it, and that for the most part you're okay. I have to admit that the pics gave me a flashback and sent chills.

The person that hit me had Progressive, as did I, and they, Progressive were quite good to me on my spyder. It was totalled. I'd sure try to shoot for that. Especially with the reduced prices that are out there right now. You may wind up ahead of the game.

Again, I'm glad that you're okay. Time to get back on one and ride again.

Chris