Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Thanks for the update, and Good Luck with the insurance company!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I knew it was going to be more than what was said last month....

many years ago I was at the BMW shop.. and they had a picture of a totally destroyed GoldWing.. with massive amounts of aftermarket everything.. I said "uh, Dave.. was this guy ok" He said yea.. the bike was sitting in front of a medical clinic and a car rear ended a truck and the truck ended up on the bike.. he added.. the insurance company didn't think it was totaled// the guy had $32----invested.. Dave said they wanted an itemized list for repair.. he said when we got up to $41---- the insurance co.. said ok .. and settled for $28----

still a lost... but...

Best of all with this headache going on

Spyder Garage

Received insurance final estimate today. They want to repair the Spyder at a cost of $19010.43. I e-mailed the lawyer to let him know I want to meet as soon as possible to discuss my options.
    ----
    USAF Retired (1986 - 2006)
    Ohio PGR Ride Captain
    Riding with Dignity, Honor and Respect

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Accident and Spyder totaled

Quote Originally Posted by jScotD View Post
    I knew it was going to be more than what was said last month....

many years ago I was at the BMW shop.. and they had a picture of a totally destroyed GoldWing.. with massive amounts of aftermarket everything.. I said "uh, Dave.. was this guy ok" He said yea.. the bike was sitting in front of a medical clinic and a car rear ended a truck and the truck ended up on the bike.. he added.. the insurance company didn't think it was totaled// the guy had $32----invested.. Dave said they wanted an itemized list for repair.. he said when we got up to $41---- the insurance co.. said ok .. and settled for $28----

still a lost... but...

Best of all with this headache going on

Curious, I put a lot of add-ons on my Jeep and gave the insurance company copies of the receipts and had them take pictures and all in case I have an accident.

Can this be done on motorcycles as well?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Registered Users JJW SpyderRider's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Wow almost two months later and they just now got the last estimate? Wait until they find all the little things that they forgot.

Hit a deer at Thanksgiving, had an estimate within one week, Found another $1000 in damage before they were done, got car back in a month finished. They sure move slow when it's a motorcycle.

RT-S: HMT brake light, mud flap lights/turn signals, Trailer hitch, Garmin 660 GPS, Ride-On, Travel cover, LED Mirror turn signals, LED trunk lighting, RGB ground effect lighting, BajRon anti-sway bar, to be continued ......

Member of the WSR (Woodstock Spyder Riders)

Spyder Garage

Hope things work as you want. I agree with your thoughts.
    Oldmanzues
    Very Happy Spyder Owner

Spyder Garage

Wow, sure glad I don't have Progessive. I have Geico for my van and both bikes. I had a claim on my other bike last month, someone knocked it over and banged it up. I had a check the following afternoon for far more than I anticipated.

2012 Can Am Spyder RT-S SE5, Pure Magnesium
    www.JerryandCynthia.com - Our Riding Adventures

Spyder Garage

Angry

+I'd bet they'd be addressing your concerns a whole lot faster had there been a passenger that got vaulted off, just to avoid the notoriety...

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

That 19K estimate; how close is that to the Actual Cash Value of your bike? Every Company has their own guidelines, but it generally seems to fall at around 80%... Once the estimate gets to that level in regard to the ACV; they total the vehicle...

Spyder Garage

Did you happen to mention to the insurance that now the bike has been in an accident it is actually worth less than one with a clear title. When you go to sell the bike you will prbably not get as much as you would with a bike with no accidents on it. I would really push for them to write the bike off. I don't care how well they fix it, I don't think it will ever run as well as before.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

"Diminished Value"... That's why they tend to total them once the repair bill gets close enough to the ACV.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

sucks being rear ended on or in anything. an yes KY is a no-fault sate, and normally... unless the officer observes the accident or there are injuries, no citations are issued (at least when I worked wrecks, back in the 90s...). BUT... the narrative in the accident report asigns blame, which is normally Following Too Close for something like this.

Progressive treated me well when I was ran into the side of a mountain two years ago, on a 21 day old Voyager, with 900 miles on it. and from there... we hopped on the RT, which now has 31,847 miles on it.

Spyder Garage

Actually, whether a law enforcement officer does or does not issue a traffic citation has no relation to "no fault" as it relates to insurance. The former deals with traffic laws whereas the latter deals with civil liability.

In reading your explanation of what happened, the other person should have been cited with what we have here in Flarda, i.e., "careless driving, or failure to use due care" or some other civil traffic infraction.

The lady that "blew through a redlight" and hit me was cited with "failure to obey a traffic device", again a traffic violation. Flarda is also a "no fault" state.

Chris

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Breaking the law still matters...
    Although it really bugs me when they refuse to cite somebody just because "They didn't see it happen", even though the facts surrounding the incident are so clear that it's indisputable.

Spyder Garage

I've addressed 4 concerns with the lawyer (paraphrased below):
    Safety - Will NEVER feel safe on the bike for me and especially for my wife
    Resale - Bike will be worth very little as a wrecked bike with such damage
    Trade In - Basically same as resale
    Repairs down the road - No way to know if something else will happen as a result of all the damage as the bike ages.

Also, I bought a new bike and not a wrecked bike. If I had wanted a wrecked bike or even a used bike, I would have bought that. Because of the negligence of the taxi non-driver, I'm now the proud owner of a wrecked (albeit maybe fixed) bike.

I'm keeping logs of when I call/mail the adjuster and they do/do not respond. I will send the logs and a cover letter to USAA and Progressive. USAA subs the bike insurance to Progressive. From strictly a customer service perspective, I have not been anywhere close to satisfied with Progressive.

I will call the lawyers office tomorrow and set up an appointment. I tried yesterday but his normal paralegal and he were out.
    ----
    Ohio PGR Ride Captain

Spyder Garage

Update: Talked with the lawyer and we discussed a lot of options. He ended up calling my insurance adjuster. Within an hour of him calling, the adjuster called me. Couldn't talk to him at the time as I was at a PGR mission. His VM said he wanted to talk about some options.

I called the adjuster the next day and he's going to submit the paperwork (this week and I'll follow up on Friday) to have the bike totaled! He's not guaranteeing anything but he siad he was confident they will total. I was polite but I was really thinking what a bunch garbage. Ya'll could have done this a while back as saved me a lot of aggravation. Plus if they don't total it, I'll just have the lawyer work it again.

More to follow...
    ----
    Ohio PGR Ride Captain

Spyder Garage

Hang in there. I see light at the end of the tunnel.

Chris

Spyder Garage

All but done. Will meet with insurance adjuster early next week to sign the POAs for them to own the bike. In the end they paid just shy of what I owed and it's not enough to fight over.

I'm hoping the property portion will be completed in the next two weeks (max) and my lawyer is finalizing up the liability paperwork.

Once the property portion is complete and Progressive owns the bike, I will head to the dealer for a 2013. I need to start reading here again as I couldn't seem to find xenon lights for the 13's. hmmmm.....
    ----
    Ohio PGR Ride Captain

Teddys favorite human CyncySpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by shrubs View Post
    All but done. Will meet with insurance adjuster early next week to sign the POAs for them to own the bike. In the end they paid just shy of what I owed and it's not enough to fight over.

I'm hoping the property portion will be completed in the next two weeks (max) and my lawyer is finalizing up the liability paperwork.

Once the property portion is complete and Progressive owns the bike, I will head to the dealer for a 2013. I need to start reading here again as I couldn't seem to find xenon lights for the 13's. hmmmm.....
    Good to hear your almost finished with this Too dang much hassle, but worth it in the end

About your wanting Xenon lights, I'd suggest sending Steve a PM at http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/m...096-XenonDepot
    and tell him what your wanting, I know you stated Xenon, but I'm thinking you really want HIDs. Either way, I'm not sure if Steve has the specs for the bulbs used for the 13s yet or not, but he will do whats needed to take care of you, GREAT Customer Service & Good Quality Product as well. Teddy & I Hope all goes easy & well for you from this point on

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Glad to hear that the light at the end of this tunnel, is no longer an oncoming train!

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

I'm so glad you are OK. Bikes can be repaired or replaced but not people! Please let us know what happens with insurance as I have Progressive too!

Spyder Garage

Glad to hear you are ok ... Sorry about your Spyder.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by CyncySpyder View Post
    I'd suggest sending Steve a PM at http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/m...096-XenonDepot
    and tell him what your wanting, I know you stated Xenon, but I'm thinking you really want HIDs. Either way, I'm not sure if Steve has the specs for the bulbs used for the 13s yet or not, but he will do whats needed to take care of you, GREAT Customer Service & Good Quality Product as well. Teddy & I Hope all goes easy & well for you from this point on
    Will do.. Thanx!
    ----
    Ohio PGR Ride Captain

Spyder Garage

Glad to hear you're finally getting all this worked out, not sure I would have had your patient and calm I would have exploded by now.

I do worry as I have progressive myself, a while back in the summer of last year a truck reverse from there drive way into the side of my car. Progressive was great, they covered all the repairs and dealt with the other driver to get reimbursed. Did not cost me a penny, I dropped the car off and 3 or 4 later just picked it up, all panels replaced new.

Never claimed on my motorcycle though been accident free all my life. I've had two incidents, while parked in a Resturant's car park, a drunk driver repeatedly bash our car while trying to get out of there own parking space. Then the one above where I was stopped in a line of traffic and a truck driver back into us.

You pay huge amounts every year for all your toys and when it's not even your fault you suffer all this to get what you have been paying for all year.......

good luck with the new bike

harry
    "Draco dormiens nunquam titillandus"
    My Rides;
    Nimbus 2000, Ford Anglia, 2012 Spyder RT Limited, Pre 14 Vintage Classic Collectors Edition!

Favorite Ride;
    Nimbus 2000 boy this thing can fly.

Mods:
    Charm of invisibility, Reparo Charm (cuts down on service cost)

One always wonders about roads not taken.

Spyder Garage

Just signed paperwork with Progressive for the '12 and placed a deposit on a '13 with Honda East of Toledo.
    ----
    Ohio PGR Ride Captain