Spyder Garage

Default Crossfire Roadster vs Spyder?

I can't decide if I should sell my 2009 Red & Black Spyder RS SE5, with 1,855 miles garage kept and covered, with the 5 year extended warr.+ extras....
    To puchase a Mint cond. 2005 Black Crossfire Roadster, Limited Edition. Garage kept 15,000 miles, for the almost the same price if I sell my Spyder, plus $2000

I've always admired and wanted to own one, but I STILL LOVE MY SPYDER!

No I can't have both, any sugestions?

Last edited by Motza; 08-20-2012 at 10:56 PM. Reason: because I can

Spyder Garage

Stay with what you "love".

Teddys favorite human CyncySpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Post This is just my personal opinion based on my own experience

I've always loved how the Crossfires looked and decided to rent one for a roadtrip to Florida a couple years back

After that experience, I lost ALL desire for the vehicle

If I may make a suggestion for you that may help make your decision, DO THE SAME! Albeit, you don't have to take a road trip to Florida, but rent one for a week, and then see how you like it

You may find as I did, that its great to finally get the SuperModel of your dreams, but once that intitial lust wheres off, can you really live with her I couldn't

Just my opinion and experience and yours may be totally different either way, good luck with your decision Teddy & I will take the Spyder any day over the Crossfire

Spyder Garage

Isn't the Crossfire a retooled version of a Mercedes roadster from when it was Daimler Chrysler? If so, I shouldn't wonder that it would be a most desirable car.

Patrick

Oh, and the speed actuated wing is too cool as well, ala Porsche...
    2011 RTS 2006 Yamaha Morphous
    2017 F150 2015 MINI Cooper S IBA 56167

Spyder Garage

, renting your dream ride is always a good idea.

Being a Brit over here I have fond collage days of ridding in beaten up Minis, one had no floor in th rear. Oh don't want to get side track but I had a Bond Bug for a couple of years that was a mix of fun and hell rolled into one.

Anyway the wife and I, the royal we, where excited about the new Mini's, so we rented one.

Boy wish I hadn't, I would rather have left them fond memory's than shatter ones into reality.

Nice cute car but two small for a family with kids and dogs.

The crossfire's look nice, I have never ridden in one but would agree with rent/borrow one to see what you think for at least a long weekend or a week.

Harry
    "Draco dormiens nunquam titillandus"
    My Rides;
    Nimbus 2000, Ford Anglia, 2012 Spyder RT Limited, Pre 14 Vintage Classic Collectors Edition!

Favorite Ride;
    Nimbus 2000 boy this thing can fly.

Mods:
    Charm of invisibility, Reparo Charm (cuts down on service cost)

One always wonders about roads not taken.

Spyder Garage

We bought one and dumped it within a month,real "purtty",but that's about it.Keep the Spyder!!!

Play Safe!!!

2010 RT.

Spyderless Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Motza View Post
    I can't decide if I should sell my 2009 Red & Black Spyder RS SE5, with 1,855 miles garage kept and covered, with the 5 year extended warr.+ extras....
    To puchase a Mint cond. 2005 Black Crossfire Roadster, Limited Edition. Garage kept 15,000 miles, for the almost the same price if I sell my Spyder, plus $2000

I've always admired and wanted to own one, but I STILL LOVE MY SPYDER!

No I can't have both, any sugestions?

With a little over 18 hundred miles on an 09 Spyder it looks like you don't ride it much, So i would think you'll get more use out of the Crossfire, Only you can make that decision, As far as renting one like some had said they haven't made the Crossfire in quite a few years, So renting one might be difficult.
    Take the one your thinking of buying for a long test ride to be sure it fits you.
    Don't pay too much attention to how other people feel about the Crossfire,
    Thats them and this is you $$.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

YOu sure have an awful lot to weigh in this decision... I don't envy you!
    Only you can figure this one out.. Please do not rush to a decision; there are always consequences to these things.
    Whatever you do; we'll back you 100 percent!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

If you are thinking about doing it, you have already parted with your Spyder in your mind.

Just do it.

Spyder Garage

That one looks like a personal call to me. Good luck with whatever decision you make.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Man.....been there done this... sooooooooo many times. In fact, that's how I got the spyder. Traded a brand new Razor that I just bought 2 months before, it didn't have but 100 miles on it.

No one can help you here......only you know your heart.

2012 Spyder RS S SE5 Magnesium, Power Commander V with Autotune, HMF Exhaust, Green air filter,
    TricLed/Custom Dynamics Led Project titled "Knight Rider"

Spyder Garage

If I had only put 1,850 miles on my 09 GS I would be Very Tempted to Buy This___
    Attached Images Attached Images

2015 F3 sm6, Custom Dynamics fender lights.

Sea Doo GTI-SE 90 Jet Ski!!

Spyder Garage

Stop right there. 1,855 miles on an '09?! OF COURSE you should sell your Spyder-- you don't even ride it!

Silver 2010 RS SE5: Triple Play, Taillight, Brightsides, Fender Tips, Easy Risers; Evo Sway Bar; Airhawk R & Beadrider; latch springs; Grab-On grips; Crampbuster; 24" Madstad smoke windshield & deflectors; N-R round bag & soft saddlebags; BRP handlebar bag; Throttlemeister; Spyderpops Missing Air Dam & Air Mgmt System; Rivco driver & passenger boards & pegs; ISCI parking brake extension; Ultimate Midrider Seat w/both backrests, Fox Racing Shocks, Yoshi R-77 exhaust and a whole lotta love!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by daveinva View Post
    Stop right there. 1,855 miles on an '09?! OF COURSE you should sell your Spyder-- you don't even ride it!

Well the truth of the matter is I only ride on the weekends, and my motorcycle buddy has no children and takes 2-3 day trips with his Honda VTX group.
    I'm get bored of riding alone all the time, don't get me wrong, I love riding my Spyder. The main reasons I bought the Spyder was the safety feature of 3 wheels, and thinking that my wife would enjoy the open air riding as much as I do. Turns out she not comfortable on the bike, she's only been on it twice and has no interest, so my dreams of us taken long weekends never materialized.

So the only solution that I can think of at this time is, get a girlfreind, and keep the bike.
    Buy the Crossfire and go away with my wife when I'm not riding with my girlfreind.

Last edited by Motza; 08-22-2012 at 11:36 PM.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

When I first saw the Crossfire, I thought it was an updated Dodge Mirada. No joke.

Front: http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...irada_1981.jpg

Front: http://www.classycars.org/Chrysler/C...ossfire.06.jpg

Side: http://www.productioncars.com/galler...e&model=Mirada

Side: http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-xqLiBDbfRq.../crossfire.jpg

IMO, there's similarities in some of the lines.

I had a Mirada years ago and loved the car. None of these pictures are mine, I pulled them from the web.

Back to the thread...oddly enough, I'm working on getting a Spyder so I can ride alone. :-) I don't mind driving with others going with me, but there's times I'd like to go off driving by myself - go where ever it takes me without needing a reason or a timeline.
    As others have said, it might be best to go for a long test drive and see if you really like it first. There could be something else out there that could fit your needs/wants better.
    Last edited by FutureRyder; 08-23-2012 at 12:46 AM.

Teddys favorite human CyncySpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Thumbs up There's another option you didn't list ............

wife would enjoy the open air riding as much as I do. Turns out she not comfortable on the bike, she's only been on it twice and has no interest, so my dreams of us taken long weekends never materialized.
    Trade in the RS for an RT

Bet your wife would be more interested in riding with you then, as the RT is much more comfortable & suited for two up riding
    Just ask Holly

Last edited by CyncySpyder; 08-23-2012 at 06:37 AM.

Spyder Garage

Default I Can't Wait !!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by CyncySpyder View Post

Bet your wife would be more interested in riding with you then, as the RT is much more comfortable & suited for two up riding
    Just ask Holly

You are so right Dave ! I know this to be true for a fact! The RT is amazingly comfortable and my only regret is I didn't get a chance to ride with you this year. ..........Definitely great advice! They will be racking up the miles and smiles in no time !

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by CyncySpyder View Post

Just ask Holly

WHY DIDN"T I THINK OF THAT>>>GREAT IDEA>

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Talked with someone this past weekend that had the same situation. They bought an RS, had it two days, said his wife was not comfortable riding on it. She felt like she was sitting up very high. Took it to the dealership to be serviced. While talking to the tech, he looked around and saw his wife sitting on an RT with a smile from ear to ear (those were his exact words). To make a long story short, they were DRIVING a new RT. He said after about two weeks, she took over. She now calls it her bike!! JUST SAYING

Spyder Garage

Default My opinion, but you asked.................

If you are asking us for an opinion, then you've already decided to get the crossfire and you are looking for affirmation from us, not our opinion.

So, just do it. You're clearly not riding your Spyder.

Don't worry, be happy.
    If it ain't broke, don't break it.
    IBA #47122
    2020 RT Limited Asphalt Grey

Spyder Garage

try puting arm rest on it ,my wife didnt like it till i put arm rest on it now she loves it.but i still going to get an rt when i can.$$$$$.