Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by CyncySpyder View Post
    Teddy says Ed needs to get better soon, cause he wants to play fetch

A blast from the past Good Times With Good Friends
    We certainly had a good time up there last year, even if you Northern guys didn't care for Erags' Florida campfire! (I forgot about Holly's disco ball till I saw the other picture).

Teddy should have never tried to play fetch with Erags over the computer...when he threw the ball back towards Teddy, he managed to knock his laptop to the ground, causing one heck of a crash. Wonder how much a new screen will cost???
    2008 GS Phantom, 2012 RT Limited
    Cheryl Reinhart Ragsdale

Spyder Garage

Boy, I'm surprised Erags didn't comment on my last post! (You know, one of his ", she's pulling your leg...I didn't DO that" responses). Day #3 has been quiet...no new drugs today or other surprises. I decided I was tired from staying up too late reading and being awakened by the daily 4 a.m. blood drawing with every light on in the room. So I came home after meeting a friend for lunch. It's really quiet at home since a)I'm by myself, b)the house phone is forwarded to the hospital room and c)Ed has the book that says how to "un-forward" the house phone in the hospital room! I thought he'd text me by now or something. I can call out on the phone but hadn't tried calling the hospital room. (Can I call the number that the phone is forwarded to? ) It's going to be one of those relaxing "I can eat whatever I want and watch whatever channel I want" nights, while doing the laundry. Time to catch up on a few neglected chores before I go back to the hospital in the morning. If the roads weren't so wet I'd be inclined to look up Arntufun's video of teaching Holly to ride; I could try going for a spin after watching the video again.

On another note, Erags heard from an old shipmate...they have the same rare lymphoma. Their ship was a destroyer so there weren't that many guys on it (it's not like one of the huge aircraft carriers)...there might just be something to the Agent Orange stuff. Good news is Gary's had it for 16+ years and looked really good when we saw him last year. (His doctors have been amazed). Keep the and positive thoughts coming...thanks.
    Cheryl Reinhart Ragsdale

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
    MANY PRAYERS.........Mike
    \\

plus 1!!!! haven't met you guys yet, but looking forward to at spyderfest 2013!

Spyder Garage

Very best wishes to both of you. Please get well soon.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

and best wishes for a speedy recovery from Panama City. Thanks for keeping us updated. Dale

Spyder Garage

Default WELCOME TO THE WORLD OF SPYDER RYDERS

Quote Originally Posted by Moosemanj View Post
    Hope things go well for ERAGS. Hope to get to meet you guys soon. We are new Spyder owners and would love to meet and ride. We are on the west side of Pensacola.
    Hello from Navarre! I have had my for over a year, and have put close to 2K miles on her. I met Ed and Cheryl (ERags) recently before he started his treatments. Wonderful people.

Do you ever ryde east? Maybe we could meet for a ryde, and/or lunch sometime.

Sandy

Spyder Garage

Default Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by DocRags View Post
    Boy, I'm surprised Erags didn't comment on my last post! (You know, one of his ", she's pulling your leg...I didn't DO that" responses). Day #3 has been quiet...no new drugs today or other surprises. I decided I was tired from staying up too late reading and being awakened by the daily 4 a.m. blood drawing with every light on in the room. So I came home after meeting a friend for lunch. It's really quiet at home since a)I'm by myself, b)the house phone is forwarded to the hospital room and c)Ed has the book that says how to "un-forward" the house phone in the hospital room! I thought he'd text me by now or something. I can call out on the phone but hadn't tried calling the hospital room. (Can I call the number that the phone is forwarded to? ) It's going to be one of those relaxing "I can eat whatever I want and watch whatever channel I want" nights, while doing the laundry. Time to catch up on a few neglected chores before I go back to the hospital in the morning. If the roads weren't so wet I'd be inclined to look up Arntufun's video of teaching Holly to ride; I could try going for a spin after watching the video again.

On another note, Erags heard from an old shipmate...they have the same rare lymphoma. Their ship was a destroyer so there weren't that many guys on it (it's not like one of the huge aircraft carriers)...there might just be something to the Agent Orange stuff. Good news is Gary's had it for 16+ years and looked really good when we saw him last year. (His doctors have been amazed). Keep the and positive thoughts coming...thanks.
    Thank you for the update on Erags. So far, so good, it seems. I just love the way you write.

I'm glad you were able to get in some "at home" time.

Sending my s,
    Sandy

Spyder Garage

Default Chemo Day #5...Erags is doing well

We got a big surprise this morning when the oncologist started talking about the possibility of Ed (Erags) going home in the morning. We were expecting a minimum of 9 days...could it be we both heard 9 when the oncologist actually said 5? (Good possibility, when spoken with a heavy Indian accent). I actually ended up going online to research chemotherapy regimens & make sure we weren't being led astray. One of the drugs he is getting was listed as being given daily from days 5-7...I questioned the oncologist about the doses for days 6 and 7; he said that Ed's been getting the total dose of days 5-7 all on day 5, which is another way to give it. The higher daily dose could explain why he's having some problems with poor appetite today...he couldn't stand the smell of my seafood dinner tonight and I ended up eating in the lounge. (I told him I had the same problem when I was pregnant...I couldn't go in any restaurants that served fish for four months! He told the next person that came in the room that I was accusing him of being pregnant...which is NOT what I said! ) In any event we're ecstatic over the thought of going home until he starts the next cycle, which will start sometime after 2 1/2 weeks from now (depending on how quickly his blood counts get high enough). We'll have to come in for daily lab work and shots to boost his white cell counts (and one dose of outpatient chemo next Friday). But we would be sleeping and eating at home! HOORAY! We'll be that much closer to being able to go for a ride! Will post an update later...now we've just got to figure out whether the timing of Lamont's BBQ and the chemo schedule will work right together. Hope to see you in Tennessee!
    Cheryl Reinhart Ragsdale

Spyder Garage

DocRags, I found out last October that I was exposed to Agent Orange in DaNang in October 1970. I thought how nice for the Gov. to let me know this 41 years after the fact. Erags and I were on the same kind of Gearing Class Destroyers and both ships were stationed out of Pearl Harbor at the same time. I didn't know Ed than but remember his ship when the forward gun mount blew up. They had just relieved us on the gunline and we had just returned to Subic after 45 days out and were recalled back out to the gunline that night.

So far I have no effect from the exposure and I feel great but, I do remember being around the drums that we were told contained JP-5 and I didn't buy that line, since we had tanks for that to refuel helo's and JP-5 has a different smell. I can even remember guys leaning up against the drums smoking and if it was JP-5, I know that wouldn't be allowed.

I do pray that Ed is okay and your both doing well.

Brian.

We have just been so overwhelmed with all the love, support and prayers from you all (or y'all as we say down here)...thanks for everything. Spyderlovers are the absolute best! We are both trying to be as positive as we can with everything...when I mentioned the bill for 4 days at MD Anderson to our local oncologist he told us that was just to get us prepared for the sticker shock of the chemo bills! He was NOT kidding! Good thing Tricare has been covering things so well...definitely a big benefit of 22 years of military service. (Of course, we're tempering that with ...Agent Orange in Vietnam could be the culprit in this "adventure").
    Happy Spyder Owner

2008 SM5, Trunk Liner, 2" Block Riser, ESI 3" Risers, Evoluzione Cycle o2 Sensor Mod, Corbin Seat and Large Oval Backrest, Madstad RoboBrackets and 24" Clear Windshield, Chrome Clear Catseye LED Tail/Brake/License Plate Light, Brake Strobe, Kuryakyn Grips, Kewlmetals Performance Air kit, Custom Dynamic Orange LED's, Spyder 1 Attitude Performance Exhaust RSS-18-B, Day Runners, Day Pucks, Rivco Highway Pegs, ESI Mirror Extensions, Rivco Floorboards.

Spyder Garage

Default We're still waiting ...

We are waiting for the weekend oncologist on call to come by and discharge Ed from the hospital. Actually he's got just a little bit of the doxorubicin still left in his IV bag, so I imagine it will be after 10 before we can go home. He is on Skype with his son and 7 month old grandson right now...that should perk him up (almost as much as seeing Teddy wanting to play fetch)! He isn't wanting to eat much since they started the doxorubicin, so I'll be glad when it's out of his system. He didn't even have any coffee this morning. Haven't ever seen him turn down that! Well, I've gotta go...grandbaby's calling me from Ed's computer!
    Cheryl Reinhart Ragsdale

Spyder Garage

Well, hoping that that news pans out.

USAF '69-'89 E7
    Thailand/Vietnam 1972
    Member: Royal Order of Rat Bastards

Spyder Garage

Default ERAGS is finally home!

Well, I am thrilled to be able to say Erags (Ed) is finally home from the hospital! Oncologist didn't make it in until almost 5 o'clock last night. We made it out around six and stopped in at one of my Mardi Gras krewes' new member party for dinner and a little socialization. We both ate too much food before making it an early night and heading home. His blood counts were so good (basically normal except for the anemia) the oncologist told us we could skip the daily lab tests for 2 days. He has to go in for a shot to boost white blood cells on Monday and one last chemo infusion on Friday. That will officially end chemo cycle one! It's been a lot better tolerated than either of us was expecting it to be. Looks like cycle two should start around Labor Day, provided his blood counts stay up enough...which would rule out this year's at Lamont's. . Ed's energy is pretty low but he looks great. Hopefully he'll get enough energy back to go out on the in a few days.
    Cheryl Reinhart Ragsdale

Spyder Garage

Good news!
    Dan

Spyder Garage

Yes, very good news. Hey, if you can't make Lamonts then so be it. Health and family come first in my book. You will be missed, but we all understand.

USAF '69-'89 E7
    Thailand/Vietnam 1972
    Member: Royal Order of Rat Bastards

Spyder Garage

Default Erags' 2nd day of freedom

We spent Sunday doing absolutely nothing...it was so tiring, we both had to take a nap in the afternoon! We are heading in to the doctor's office shortly, for Ed to have a shot to boost his white blood cell production. Then we're headed off to run a few errands. It's a little too overcast for us to ride the Phantom this morning...hopefully we'll ride it soon. Hope everyone has a great day.
    Cheryl Reinhart Ragsdale

Spyder Garage

Great News Hope that you can ryde the soon, that'll perk you up!

Spyder: 2011 RT Limited w/ RT-622 trailer
    Mods: ESI Brightsides, RT Rear Brightsides, HMT Brake Light, Scuff Guards, Utopia Backrest, Chrome, and more Chrome, Pearl White Rear View Mirrors, Rear Fender, and Dashboard, Black Rear Wheel and Belt Assy, SpyderPops Heat Shields & Bump Skid, Elka Stage 1+ Shocks, 2012 SF Graphics, Silver Carbonfiber Dash, Corbin Arm Rests, Baker A.W., BRP Vented WindShield. BR's Sway Bar, Tricled White Halo Lights, BadBoy Air Horn, Spyder Legs Floor Boards

Spyder Garage

Superb news that Erags is home. I agree with Glory in that a ride will perk both of you up. Prayers and best wishes for continued improvement.

Teddys favorite human CyncySpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Cool YAY!!!! So Glad Ed's doing SO well & got to go home... and you got some rest as well

Teddy should have never tried to play fetch with Erags over the computer...when he threw the ball back towards Teddy, he managed to knock his laptop to the ground, causing one heck of a crash. Wonder how much a new screen will cost???
    If all that happened with Teddys' ball I could only imagine what would have happened if Teddy wanted to play fetch with Ed with his 6 foot stick instead

Go ahead ED, Take It!!! I DARE YA!!! You Feel'n Lucky?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Spyder Garage

Default Sorry, Teddy, there will be no 6 ft stick for Ed!

Ed will have to pass on the six foot stick, Teddy...too much stuff in the living room for it to hit!

Thought I'd give an update since it had been a few days. Erags is doing great. He had a shot on Monday to boost his white blood cell count (which was in the normal range at that time). We have to go in daily for lab work to check blood counts. (Well, we in this case really means he!) Overnight his count went to 16,800! Doctor said it would drop rather rapidly, and it has...to 12,500 then 7500...as long as it's over 4000 tomorrow morning he will get a dose of Vincristine. That will officially end Chemo Cycle One! Hooray! Unfortunately the end of Cycle One means...the start of Cycle Two ten days later! Different drugs are used for the even numbered cycles but the doctor said it's not any worse than the regimen he's just completed. We are that he is right about that. We're expecting Erags to be spending another four or five days in the hospital for Round Two. Oh, boy...more free hospital food for me! We have been able to ride the three days this week...the riding has been great at night, with relatively low humidity. We've visited with friends this week, which helped with our spirits. Also picked up more books from the library to keep us busy during the boring hospital days.

If Erags is feeling up to it we're planning on riding over to the 20 ft metal spider in Elberta AL on Saturday morning...Gulf Coast Spyder Riders get ready for a ride! Hopefully tropical storm Isaac will not throw a wrench in our plans next week. Looks like the latest predictions have it coming up to visit us next Thursday.
    Cheryl Reinhart Ragsdale