Spyder Garage

Default A beautiful relationship...

"This 19 year old Shep being cradled in his father's arms last night in Lake Superior. Shep falls asleep every night when he is carried into the lake. The buoyancy of the water soothes his arthritic bones. Lake Superior is very warm right now, so the temp of the water is perfect.
    I was so happy I got to capture this moment for John. By the way, John rescued Shep as an 8 month old puppy, and he's been by his side through many adventures."

* This was sent to me this morning. Heart warming story.

Play Safe!!!

2010 RT.

Spyder Garage

Thanks for sharing the pic and story. Truely a touching story....

Spyder Garage

wow....thats amazing..
    Rewaco RF-1 GT

Inline 4 cylinder Ford Zetec with multi-port fuel inject, 140 HP
    0-60mph: 5.8 seconds
    5 speed sync manual with reverse, mechanical dry clutch.
    Front suspension: Trapezoidal fork with center spring
    Rear suspension: Independent with Bilstein gas shock absorbers
    Brake System: Grimeca calipers, linked ventilated discs, with booster
    10.57 gallons

Spyder Garage

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

People that don't own pets just will never get this... too bad for them!
    Thanks for warming my heart!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Teddys favorite human CyncySpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Thumbs up To some, a dog is just a pet. To others, its a family member. Point proven ..........

Thank you for sharing this with all of us

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    So true

Spyder Garage

I don't think I own mine. I think she owns me. But, in any case, that was a great pic.

Spyderless Member
    Spyder Garage

Great picture, As a life long dog owner I'm still amazed that no matter how bad my day was, My dog will make the day better.

To prove a point, Lock your Wife and Dog in the trunk of your car for a hour and when you let them out see which one is happy to see you!.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Dogs give their love to us uncondtionally... The most beaten and abused of them will still look to their owner for approval...
    I'm gonna go watch "All Dogs Go To Heaven" and have a good cry now!

Spyder Garage

Lets just say its first come, first serve for seating. If there is no room on the couch, my guy on the left will go paw the door to go out. As soon as you leave your seat, he runs and takes it.

I'm already feeling bad leaving them for 4 days for SITA....
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Rewaco RF-1 GT

Inline 4 cylinder Ford Zetec with multi-port fuel inject, 140 HP
    0-60mph: 5.8 seconds
    5 speed sync manual with reverse, mechanical dry clutch.
    Front suspension: Trapezoidal fork with center spring
    Rear suspension: Independent with Bilstein gas shock absorbers
    Brake System: Grimeca calipers, linked ventilated discs, with booster
    10.57 gallons

Spyder Garage

Indeed a very touchy story. I have 2 dogs, ages 7 and 2. I also have a cat that just turned 20 and progressively getting worst with each day. I know it is inevitable that he will go soon, but not sure if I am mentally ready for it. Considering that he lost ¾ of his weight, his hearing and sight in the last 2 weeks, some time I just wonder if I should just let the vet put him to sleep, but just a thought of bringing an animal, who has lived in my house since he is 7 weeks old, and not coming back with him… That is something I doubt I will ever be able to do.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by juliantrost View Post
    Indeed a very touchy story. I have 2 dogs, ages 7 and 2. I also have a cat that just turned 20 and progressively getting worst with each day. I know it is inevitable that he will go soon, but not sure if I am mentally ready for it. Considering that he lost ¾ of his weight, his hearing and sight in the last 2 weeks, some time I just wonder if I should just let the vet put him to sleep, but just a thought of bringing an animal, who has lived in my house since he is 7 weeks old, and not coming back with him… That is something I doubt I will ever be able to do.
    As tough as it is to face the inevitable in the case of your cat, I think it is even harder to watch them suffer. I had to face the same decision a couple of years ago with my cat but felt it was better to take him out of his misery. As much as humans value and deserve a good quality of life, so do our pets.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Trooper View Post
    As tough as it is to face the inevitable in the case of your cat, I think it is even harder to watch them suffer. I had to face the same decision a couple of years ago with my cat but felt it was better to take him out of his misery. As much as humans value and deserve a good quality of life, so do our pets.

It's the hardest thing to do as a pet owner... but we have to do what's best for them... not us. Been through this and it's never easy.

-------------------

Favorite dog quote: "I hope someday I'm as good of a person as my dog thinks I am"

Spyder #1 - 2008 GS SM5 Premier Edition #1977. RIP after 80,000 miles.
    Spyder #2 - 2012 RT SM5. Traded in after 24,000 miles.
    Spyder #3 - 2015 F3 SM6. Put 13,000 miles on and sold it.
    Spyder #4 - 2017 F3 SM6. Too good of a deal to pass up!

Spyderless Member
    Spyder Garage

I remember the first dog i /we had to put to sleep, I guess i was around 10 years old, There were many more in the last 57 years i remember them all With tears in my eyes. And after every one i say that's my last dog i can't take it any more, And then i just have to get another so i just resigned myself to the fact that I'll out live all my dogs till the last one out lives me.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Trooper View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post

It's the hardest thing to do as a pet owner... but we have to do what's best for them... not us. Been through this and it's never easy.
    Hardest thing to go through... That's partly why we're still dog-less since 2007. Still something I don't want to live through again.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I've put down more than my fair share of beloved pets myself; it sucks to have to do it, but it's more humane than forcing them to suffer...
    I couldn't bring myself to take care of our Ozzie last November; we brought him home after the long and dreaded trip...
    Now I'm gonna go take a walk down to where they all are buried and have a little talk with them all...
    Punkin
    Scottie
    Ozzie....
    I gotta go...

Spyder Garage

As a kid growing up with pets the hardest part was when they died or had to be put down. I remember very vividley the day one of our cats was hit by a car right before our eyes. My sister nearly passed out from the trauma. About 10 years ago we had to have our little Miss Kitty put down due to cancer. She came to us as a stray. It was heartbreaking watching the vet administer the shot. But we knew she would forgive us because we ended her suffering. We said no more. Six weeks later Cooper stole our hearts, now we have four rescue kitties.

USAF '69-'89 E7
    Thailand/Vietnam 1972
    Member: Royal Order of Rat Bastards

Spyder Garage

Great dog & great owner!!

Spyder Garage

I've put down more than my fair share of beloved pets myself; it sucks to have to do it, but it's more humane than forcing them to suffer...
    I couldn't bring myself to take care of our Ozzie last November; we brought him home after the long and dreaded trip...
    Now I'm gonna go take a walk down to where they all are buried and have a little talk with them all...
    Punkin
    Scottie
    Ozzie....
    I gotta go...
    I still talk to my pets from 40 yrs ago...