Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Default Some HD riders are IDIOTS!!

Found this thread while surfing over on a HD thread....This guy is an IDIOT!!!

http://www.hdforums.com/forum/off-to...n-spiders.html
    2009 Victory Midnight Cherry Vision
    2011 Can-Am Viper Red Spyder RT-S

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

But the responses he got "from his own kind" are very good!
    MODS 2013 - Ultimate, Remote / LED Halos, Pete's Dash kits , Elka's!
    2011 RT A&C-SM5 - Orbital Blue (mine)
    Xenon Lights, Polk speakers (4), 5-LED lamps, fog lights, Sypderpops grills, OGB grips, TIPS and CHANNELZ lights. Seal FLRBDS, Two Brothers Muffler, ZUMO 665 w XM, Gloryders, HMT Brake.
    2012 RT-LTD SE5 -Lava (hers)
    MODS: Spyderpops chrome grills, TIPS and CHANNELZ lights, HMT Brake, Seal FLRBDS, Gloryders, OGB Grips

Teddys favorite human CyncySpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Thumbs up It takes all types to make the world go 'round

Just gives us something else to gripe aboutbut its ALL GOOD

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

It's about the same no matter what forum you check out...
    Somebody will always be ticked if they got a wave from another brand of bike... They'll complain, somebody will agree, somebody waves to everybody, scooters get mentioned...
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by joe schmoe View Post
    Found this thread while surfing over on a HD thread....This guy is an IDIOT!!!

http://www.hdforums.com/forum/off-to...n-spiders.html

I saw where you explained the purpose of having a ... and then of course someone replies "HD makes a tri-glide", in which you explain why you got the over the tri-glide. Last year, I had one guy ranting me all over FB over a 3 wheel bike being a "py mobile" and that if you needed a trike, to get a HD. Some people will never learn. But I bet they never open their mouths when they are around a big group...
    May all your encounters with the law begin with the words: "nice trike!".[/B]
    2015 Can-Am Spyder F3-S SM-6 Can-am Red/Black SM-6 with 2010 Black RT-622 trailer (hitch in the works).

Previously owned:
    2010 Can-Am Spyder RT SM-5
    2011 Can-Am Spyder RS-S SM-5
    2013 Can-Am Spyder RT-S SM-5

Spyder Garage

I've been waving at anyone/everyone Dogs, Cats, demon slayers does this mean I'm not cool? darn.. my Kids will be proved right.

harry
    "Draco dormiens nunquam titillandus"
    My Rides;
    Nimbus 2000, Ford Anglia, 2012 Spyder RT Limited, Pre 14 Vintage Classic Collectors Edition!

Favorite Ride;
    Nimbus 2000 boy this thing can fly.

Mods:
    Charm of invisibility, Reparo Charm (cuts down on service cost)

One always wonders about roads not taken.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Still the per capita "donkey" ratio is less than in the car world.....

Spyder Garage

I just love the responses from his own kind... both my neighbors are hd, but neither one cares that I own a spyder. My brother left hd for bmw several years back and my grandfather bought a yamaha after owning harleys for as long as I can remember. Consensus seems to be "as long as the winds in your hair, we don't care what you ride."

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default HD riders are IDIOTS

I like the one Senior Chief 56 said the the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor, maybe he should finish high school, We all know that Japan did the job their. He was busy being spaced out or somthing. I wave at all but it has been that the ones that do not wear helmets riding two wheels do not wave back, so the bird pops up.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Floyd Baughman View Post
    I like the one Senior Chief 56 said the the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor, maybe he should finish high school, We all know that Japan did the job their. He was busy being spaced out or somthing. I wave at all but it has been that the ones that do not wear helmets riding two wheels do not wave back, so the bird pops up.
    That was a quote from the movie animal house when they are going to get even with the dean. John belusi said it in his speach.

Spyder Garage

Default idiots

you're going to find a- holes on every forum. just look around here.
    seriously folks, let's s can this waving discussion and start a new oil thread
    it was fun while it lasted.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default Each to their own

I have just joined this site a few days ago and the MOST abvious thing that I have noticed is that almost everyone is friendly and curtious. But just like life there are always a few that have an opinion that they think everyone esle should have too. Well, you know, that is their opinion! And they are intitled to have it. Just like the HD rider that doesn't think a Spyder Ryder deserves a wave, there are apparenty Spyder Ryders that feel the same kinda way. People are people and we cannot really judge them or their attitude as we have not walked a mile in their respective shoes. I for one will wave when I see anyone on 2 or 3 wheels. They are out there with the wind in their face and the world is ever present and beautiful. Doesn't mean they have to wave back or like what I ride. I am not going to let them change my mind and be happy with myself and I am glad they can be out there as well. We have a great country and a very deversified population, even in the mc/trike world.

As I said before: Each to their own.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by StorminNorman View Post

Thank you!
    Coz, Are you sure you want to tackle oil; or maybe helmet usage??

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

It's not about what you ride but about the fact that you are out there riding. There are morons
    everywhere that just will never get it, and you can't worry about them. From Vespa to Wide Glide, we are all out there enjoying the same thing, be courteous.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by StorminNorman View Post
    I have just joined this site a few days ago and the MOST abvious thing that I have noticed is that almost everyone is friendly and curtious. But just like life there are always a few that have an opinion that they think everyone esle should have too. Well, you know, that is their opinion! And they are intitled to have it. Just like the HD rider that doesn't think a Spyder Ryder deserves a wave, there are apparenty Spyder Ryders that feel the same kinda way. People are people and we cannot really judge them or their attitude as we have not walked a mile in their respective shoes. I for one will wave when I see anyone on 2 or 3 wheels. They are out there with the wind in their face and the world is ever present and beautiful. Doesn't mean they have to wave back or like what I ride. I am not going to let them change my mind and be happy with myself and I am glad they can be out there as well. We have a great country and a very deversified population, even in the mc/trike world.

Amen!

"Tigger" 2011 RS-S Alloy Orange/Matte Black (hers)
    "Hammer Head" 2012 RoadGlide Custom (his)

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Tigger,
    So why'd you stop so soon on the mods on your RoadGlide... it seems a shame to stop at only a billion!

Spyder Garage

Why cant we just all get along! I wave to everyone and just smile under my helmet because i am having a great time on my spyder and no one can take that away from me!
    2018 F3 , Red

GOS member (Girls On Spyders)
    Spyder Garage

Here at my house, we are a "blended family". Hubby has a HD Tri-Glide, and I have a 2010 RT-A (with farkles of course)! The vast majority of the time, I ryde with HD's, and I have always been accepted among them. Not once have I ever felt the need to prove myself, or my ryde's capabilities. As a matter of fact, it was a member of our HD group that introduced me to the . We have a motto which I love that says.. "We don't care what you ride, it's THAT you ride!". I wave at all bikes, no matter the make. Although I gotta admit I'm probably a bit more enthusiastic when waving at a fellow Spyder Ryder!!!!

Spyder Garage

The guy definitely needs some anger management sessions. I sold my HD RoadKing to buy my spyder. I guess I'm really messed up.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by dliszews View Post
    It's not about what you ride but about the fact that you are out there riding. There are morons
    everywhere that just will never get it, and you can't worry about them. From Vespa to Wide Glide, we are all out there enjoying the same thing, be courteous.
    AMEN to that "Be Courteus!"

Spyder Garage

Default Most HD Riders Are Not Idiots

Don't just read the first post, read all the responses he received. The vast majority tore him apart for his attitude and there were a lot of nice comments about the Spyder. I myself receive waves from more HD riders than any other bike.

Spyder Garage

Default Perhaps

it's a "regional" thing? I have only had my Spyder for about 10 days, but have ridden it every day and have never had anyone not wave (unless it was in the middle of traffic, etc).

All sorts of bikes and all sorts of riders. I find the HD riders around here some of the best. Then again, I haven't been asked to the clubhouse yet either!

zrc

I go out of my way to wave at everyone, including kids in cages that wave lots. Its fun to me, its part of the experience. I have seen 3 posts recently. 1 here, 1 on Bikepost and this one, all in different avenues of the same thread and the end of it is this. We should all just be happy that there are other bikes out there on the road. Hope for the best for them and be a good community.

I went to spyderfest and went on a passport ride to "Da Family" which was one of the best hours I had at spyderfest. They were open, happy to have us, and before we left since I had had a beer with them, looked at several of the firearms they had on hand and looked at some of their bikes and was intelligent about them, about 10 of them circled up on my bike and asked all kinds of questions. I opened up all my compartments, Let them look around sit, do whatever they liked. Even offered to let their President drive it, and he was interested but leary. In the end, in my opinion it was awesome, they were most impressed with the reverse. They loved it!

So honestly I have to say I have had a couple of bad comments and a tricycle parted next to my bike at work, but everyone has been pretty dang cool about it from 2 wheels to cages. Most of the people that get all tore up are the people that _need_ people to affirm what they are doing to feel better about their decisions and situations. If people dont like me and my choice, then so be it, I love what I am doing and riding and its all good.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by HDXBONES View Post
    I agree, some are. Although sometimes there is similar anti-Harley sentiment on this forum, also. Does that make them idiots as well?
    YUP! Some folks can't figure out that it's not what you ride, it's THAT you ride!

john

Spyder Garage

I was glad to see him get devoured by his own HD pals.......

I've rarely had any HD guys give me any crap... most think the Spyder is pretty cool.....and for some reason they have a common belief they're pretty quick...

Spyder #1 - 2008 GS SM5 Premier Edition #1977. RIP after 80,000 miles.
    Spyder #2 - 2012 RT SM5. Traded in after 24,000 miles.
    Spyder #3 - 2015 F3 SM6. Put 13,000 miles on and sold it.
    Spyder #4 - 2017 F3 SM6. Too good of a deal to pass up!