Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Default 2nd annual Kentucky an Barkly Lake ride

Well its time to start planning our 2 annual Kentucky an Barkley lake ride.. The ride will be the last weekend in September (29th)..I will see what I can do as far as getting good rates at some local hotels an of course the cabins at Buzzard Rock will be on OUT OF SEASON RATES.. Some of you stayed there last year.. I have just talked with them an was told that a 2 room cottages will be 160.65 per night... There is a Days Inn here in Kuttawa right off I24 exit 40.. Anyone that will be attending please post here an I will get your name added.. Just like last year ALL bike are welcome....... Here is the website for Buzzard Rock... http://buzzardrock.com/ or call 1-800-826-6238

Update 5-30-12
    I have spoken to the manager at the local Days Inn motel.. They are willing to give us a group rate.. The rooms will run approx 65.00 + TAX per couple give or take 2-3$$ depending on which floor you get on.. Here is the phone number for the motel 270-388-4728... Make sure you mention that you are with the Spyder group...

Update 6-3-12

Just had a nice long chat on the phone with RCDURANGO.. We taked about how long the ride would be an route we would take.. We descided to ask everyone how long of a ride they wanna take.. For those of you last year that went the ride was 180 miles with a few stops along the way.. We were thinking of cutting the milage back so that everyone isnt wore out at the end of the day.. We was thinkig somewhere around 130 miles... What does everyone think of that??

Update 7-10-12
    The plans are to meet the Firday night 7:00pm before the ride (Sept 28th) at the Oasis in Kuttawa for a meet an greet dinner.. I have already made the reservations for us there.. Oasis is located just off I24 Exit 40 in Kuttawa across from the Hucks truck stop.. Saturday morning (29th) we will return to the Oasis parking lot to meet up for the ride.. Please be there at 9:00 am, we will be leaveing at 9:30 sharp.. Please dont be late... There is a Wendys an a Huddle House there there at that location for everyone to eat breakfast... As far as luch for the day of the ride, we ill be stopping in Dover Tn.. There is a little mom an pop restruant there that has a great catfish buffet.. Everyone will be able to refuel after lunch.. Please bring your helmets for the Tn part of the ride.. Stops along the way will be Kentucky State Prison, Drive threw Grandrivers Kentucky, Old Iron furnace in LBL, Fort Donnelson battle field, Break for lunch an refuel.. Come back threw Aurora Kentucky an stop below Kentucky Dam an back to Buzzard Rock for a live band an drinks......

1. kentuckyguy an wife
    2. rcdurango an wife
    3. stevemac an wife
    4. Spyderkent
    5. 8LEGS
    6. chickenhoose an wife
    7. HntngTrout an wife
    8. dick574
    9. BMW an wife
    10. Jim and Lois on there Harley trikes
    11. Unclegeezer an auntgeezer
    12. zrc an wife
    13. Surgonamishr an wife weather permitting (riding from Texas)
    14. Patty an husband
    15. kyspydergal
    16. kyfarmgal
    17. UKBLUE1
    18. Trickie Dick
    19. Kmort44
    20. spydermonkey4 an son
    21. chipmunk
    22. Joey & Lenny
    23. Kyspyder an wife
    24. Livewire an wife on H.D.
    25. Quickster47 an wife
    26. juneisom an husband
    27. GLHRN an Husband on 2wheeler
    28. owens9fingers
    29. spiderwoman
    Last edited by kentuckyguy; 09-27-2012 at 05:24 PM.

Spyder Garage

Default We will be there!

There was a lot of interest from those that attended last year that where at Spyderfest. Judy and I will be down soon to meet with you and
    start planning activity's. For those that might attend, this is just a low key get together of Spyderloves that enjoy the company
    of others and going for a ride. We had a great time last year and looking forward to this year doing it again. If your in the area
    come join us.
    States Judy and I have visited so far on the

MOgang Member & Monster Member

Spyder Garage

You know we are in. May have to leave early in case of family emergency (LOL). But we are in. This won't conflict with Lamont's BBQ will it?

Teddys favorite human CyncySpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Question Teddy & I will be keeping our eyes on this get-together, hope to make it this year

Spyder Garage

Default Lamonts BBQ

Hey Steve,

I have taken Lamonsters BBQ and marked it on my Calendar. No it will be sometime after that time I'm guessing. I'm also
    planning trip to TN.

MOgang Member & Monster Member

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by rcdurango View Post
    Hey Steve,

I have taken Lamonsters BBQ and marked it on my Calendar. No it will be sometime after that time I'm guessing. I'm also
    planning trip to TN.
    Cool. If you guys wanna split a cabin, let us know.

Spyder Garage

Hey Steve,

planning trip to TN.
    I think Rhonda an myself have descided to ride down with you.. Do you know what day you will be going down???

Spyder Garage

Default We Do

Right now ours plans are to leave Evansville on Thursday Sept. 6th. We could meet up with you on I24 headed to Nashville.

Spyder Garage

Right now ours plans are to leave Evansville on Thursday Sept. 6th. We could meet up with you on I24 headed to Nashville.
    Gonne come back on Sunday??

GOS member (Girls On Spyders) 8LEGS's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I'm considering making the trip. Put me down as a strong maybe!

Sent from my iPad 2 using Tapatalk

Spyder Garage

Default ky lake

Count Leesa and i in this event . I will be happy to help plan and be at any organizational meeting to help make this a fun event. Keep me posted.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by chickenhoose View Post
    Count Leesa and i in this event . I will be happy to help plan and be at any organizational meeting to help make this a fun event. Keep me posted.
    We sure will... Thanks

Spyder Garage

Default Lets keep this up front.

KentuckyGuy, yes coming back Sunday will be the plan. And glad to hear we're getting some interested Spyder ryders on Ky Lake get together. We will need to keep this post up front for a while. I know there's more than this wanting to join us. Glad to hear 8Legs will
    be making trip south. Few pictures from last years ride. I'm sure there's many more out there. It was a great ride!
    IMG_0280.jpgIMG_0397.jpgIMG_0398.jpg

RR Springfield (1 mile South of Cantrall) Illinois
    Spyder Garage

Default Count us in

Quote Originally Posted by kentuckyguy View Post
    Well its time to start planning our 2 annual Kentucky an Barkley lake ride.. The ride will be probably the last weekend in September 29th (tenative date)..I will see what I can do as far as getting good rates at some local hotels an of course the cabins at Buzzard Rock will be on OUT OF SEASON RATES.. Some of you stayed there last year.. I have just talked with them an was told that a 2 room cottages will be 160.65 per night... There is a Days Inn an a Hampton Inn here in Kuttawa right off I24 exit 40.. Anyone that will be attending please post here an I will get your name added.. Just like last year ALL bike are welcome....... Here is the website for Buzzard Rock... http://buzzardrock.com/
    Count Mary & I in and I'm sure the others from Mid American Spyder Ryders will want to go also...

Without Trailer
    With Trailer

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by HntngTrout View Post
    Count Mary & I in and I'm sure the others from Mid American Spyder Ryders will want to go also...
    It will be great to have you join us this year... Please share the info with your friends an try an find out how many might join us..

Spyder Garage

KentuckyGuy, yes coming back Sunday will be the plan. And glad to hear we're getting some interested Spyder ryders on Ky Lake get together. We will need to keep this post up front for a while. I know there's more than this wanting to join us. Glad to hear 8Legs will
    be making trip south. Few pictures from last years ride. I'm sure there's many more out there. It was a great ride!
    IMG_0280.jpgIMG_0397.jpgIMG_0398.jpg

Sounds great.. We will be out of town for Nascar races for the next 5 days starting Thursady.. Please keep this bumped up for me..

Spyder Garage

Default Will Do!

Sounds great.. We will be out of town for Nascar races for the next 5 days starting Thursady.. Please keep this bumped up for me..
    Lets plan on a get together soon after your return from the race.

Spyder Garage

Lets plan on a get together soon after your return from the race.
    That works for me.. We can meet at the Oasis.. I have already talked to Steve the manager there an he said that he could get something going for us if we wanted to hang out there that night.. Anyone that wants to join us for this planning meeting is more then welcome to come down...
    Last edited by kentuckyguy; 05-23-2012 at 06:42 AM.

Spyder Garage

Well its time to start planning our 2 annual Kentucky an Barkley lake ride.. The ride will be probably the last weekend in September 29th (tenative date)..I will see what I can do as far as getting good rates at some local hotels an of course the cabins at Buzzard Rock will be on OUT OF SEASON RATES.. Some of you stayed there last year.. I have just talked with them an was told that a 2 room cottages will be 160.65 per night... There is a Days Inn an a Hampton Inn here in Kuttawa right off I24 exit 40.. Anyone that will be attending please post here an I will get your name added.. Just like last year ALL bike are welcome....... Here is the website for Buzzard Rock... http://buzzardrock.com/

rcdurango
    stevemac
    cyncyspyder
    8LEGS
    chickenhoose
    HntngTrout
    dick574 I'm in
    Last edited by dick574; 05-23-2012 at 11:38 PM.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by dick574 View Post
    dick574
    Count Linda and I in.
    48 down.

Spyder Garage

Default ky ridegroup

Glad to see the response starting to build. I'm sure my Harley friends [Jim and Lois]will want to join in . They had a great time last year with we Spyder ryders.

GOS member (Girls On Spyders) 8LEGS's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Any news on where everyone will be staying?

Sent from my iPad 2 using Tapatalk

Spyder Garage

Back from the races.. I think we have seen just about every type of car races that we could see.. Everything from top fuel dragsters to Rallycross cars, dirt an asphalt tracks.. It was awsome..

I think I have everyone updated on the list... I will check this week an see what the local motels will do for room rates.. Glad to see that were are starting to get a good list of people to attend...

Spyder Garage

Update 5-30-12
    I have spoken to the manager at the local Days Inn motel.. They are willing to give us a group rate.. The rooms will run approx 65.00 + TAX per couple give or take 2-3$$ depending on which floor you get on.. Here is the phone number for the motel 270-388-4728... Make sure you mention that you are with the Spyder group... I have also posted this in the thread starter..

Very Active Member tofriendscreek's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Pardon the pending confusion on my part, but is the intent for folks to stay at Buzzard Rock and have Days Inn as an alternative or vice versa?

And, put Laurie and I down as probable. Yes!

2022 Plasma Red, F3 Limited, Special Series