Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Well crap!!!!!

Spyder Garage

Default Well crap!!!!!

Just lost the rear gears in my truck...Truck is 7 months old and only has 6000mi on it. Seems GM underfilled the rear diff, and the dealer didnt do thier job by checking all fluids durring the per delivery inspection. To add salt to the wound, when the rear let loose, it took out first gear in the tranny.

GM is putting a new rear axle under it instead of rebuilding it, but wants to rebuild the tranny..So i'll have a new truck with a rebuilt tranny.

To make matters worse...This is my work truck, and the loner they gave me is a pickup,(mines a dump), and it doesnt have a hitch on it, so I cant tow any equipment to jobs.

Just had to rant...I feel beter now!!!

Spyder Garage

Just leave it at home, jump on the Spyder, and head to Spyderfest. Now that will make you feel better!

2014 Cognac RTS-SE6 & RT 622
    1993 Teal Gold Wing SE

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Leslee View Post
    Just leave it at home, jump on the Spyder, and head to Spyderfest. Now that will make you feel better!
    That would probally work...I have been riding alot this week since i cant do squat for work.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I'd jump in their crap over not getting a big enough truck to stay in business... Call the customer service hotline and ream them out!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    I'd jump in their crap over not getting a big enough truck to stay in business... Call the customer service hotline and ream them out!
    Ive been on the phone with GM a few times this week. In my area GM goes thru Enterprise for there loaners, and for Ins reasons they dont have hitches on em. I'm more ticked off about the rebuilt tranny. If the truck had 20K+, ok rebuild it, but not 6k...

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

GM builds trucks... Tell them to pull one off the dealer's lot for you...
    Rebuilt huh... They'd better give you the extended warranty on that sucker! Don't you just love it when they cheap out on you?

Spyder Garage

Life is a " %$$$^" then you die, lol...

Spyder Garage

Default done with american cars and trucks

as a family we all drive asian vehicles. scion, toyota, acura, and nissan, and i couldn't be happier about it. my rangers were very good trucks, and i would buy another one. my frontier is also very good and gets much better mileage. j m 2 c' s
    it was fun while it lasted.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

And here we thought Spyder dealers were the only ones who failed on assembly and predelivery inspection.
    2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Spyder Garage

That stinks out loud Rob....sorry to hear it! Hope it gets resolved post haste.
    '09 SM5, Hindle pipe, K&N, sport rack, backrest, Givi shield EVO swaybar, Symtec grip heaters, Spyderpops belt guard....some other stuff.

Don't worry about the bullet with your name on it,
    Be afraid of the one saying 'To Whom it May Concern'!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by HDXBONES View Post
    That, is truly sad..........

I'm glad I can say that I've never owned a car or truck produced by an Asian corporation.

+1
    Former Happy Spyder Owner
    Just decided it was time to move onto other things.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by coz View Post
    as a family we all drive asian vehicles. scion, toyota, acura, and nissan, and i couldn't be happier about it. my rangers were very good trucks, and i would buy another one. my frontier is also very good and gets much better mileage. j m 2 c' s
    The type of work I do, a toyota/nissan wouldnt have a chanch of lasting 6k. I'd like to see a 'yota pullin 12k up hill..That and they dont make a 1 ton dump.

Spyder Garage

I'm glad I can say that I've never owned a car or truck produced by an Asian corporation.......

Your rite...That is sad. I do own a Hyundai, but my wife owned it before I met her. I have owned several GM trucks(pick ups and dumps), and had over 100k on all of em without and major issues. I guess my luck ran out on this one. Will I buy another??? Yep!!

Teddys favorite human CyncySpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Exclamation Sorry to hear of your issues, definately a Frustrating Situation for you

Hope they get it all figured out to your satisfaction sooner than later

Spyder Garage

I'm glad I can say that I've never owned a car or truck produced by an Asian corporation.

To the original poster, I'd fight for a resolution that appeases you, you shouldn't be forced to settle for a rebuilt......

Spyder Garage

I own a Nissan and was parked in the uaw parking lot doing volunteer work for them and they asked me to park it on the street because it was foreign made, I told them it was made in Tennessee, by hard working american folk, it got a little heated and they told me to Park it on the street. So I went to move it and wound up parking it at my home.
    Corbin saddle
    spyderpops block off plate, bump skid, belt guard
    IPS
    Tricled LED lights all around(too many to name here)
    Smoothspyder belt tensioner
    Custom Dynamics britesides
    VTC floorboards, upper air vents, spoiler
    BK car stuff HID upgrade
    trailer hitch
    Repainted rear fender, trunk latch assembly, switch cluster, gauge cluster
    cell phone interface kit
    travel cover that no longer fits due to the spoiler
    New sway bar
    New shock relocator

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Spyder Garage

I haven't owned a GM since 1980 when I told them there was something wrong with the transmission on my brand new Camaro. Took it in four times while under warranty. They kept saying "Problem not found". It finally blew three weeks after the one year warranty was up and I had to pay $$$$ to have it fixed. They lost a customer for life.

I sincerely hope you have better luck.

Spyder Garage

I'm a little curious about the comment about Asian cars. Do you feel the same way about German and Italian cars for example? I know the Japanese and Koreans have auto plants here in the US, which of course employ many Americans. So then I'm wondering if it has something to do with Asians.

HDX,

I had planned on going on the troop ride, I believe in August, that you attend; but, if this is an Asian thing I guess I won't show up b/c I wouldn't want to upset you or others who might be there.

Spyderless Member
    Spyder Garage

If you only bought Vehicles from American Companies, The American companies would have no incentive to make quality vehicles, Remember the big 3's products in the 70's.
    Bye the way where is the Spyder bilt.
    Competition is good for keeping everyone on their toes!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by pro10is View Post
    I haven't owned a GM since 1980 when I told them there was something wrong with the transmission on my brand new Camaro. Took it in four times while under warranty. They kept saying "Problem not found". It finally blew three weeks after the one year warranty was up and I had to pay $$$$ to have it fixed. They lost a customer for life.

I sincerely hope you have better luck.
    Those were dark days for GM (and many others). The quality control was horrid, and some of the shops had mechanics so poor they made the worst Spyder dealer horror stories seem like Nirvana. One Chevy van I looked at had the rear fenderwells welded in so badly that you could drop a ping-pong ball outside from the interior. My '79 GMC van ended up at the dealer for a month. When they couldn't repair a simple issue, I threatened to park it in front of the dealership, paint lemon on it, and slash the tires after I called the newspaper. They fixed the original issue, but cretaed a miss that they still couldn't figure out it a week later, I told them to push it outside and if I couldn't get it running by the time they closed I'd sign the tiltle over to them. I had it running in an hour, replace the spark plug they broke putting the motor cover back on. When the brakes failed a month later, and the system had to be flushed, they asked me what it would take to never darken their door again. I settled for a 25% cash rebate and a 44 gallon gas tank. A couple of months after that it stopped ****ing. When I pulled the transmission pan, the shift quadrant was in the bottom of the pan, the factory never tightened the nut. With a little TLC that van went 186,000 miles for me...but it sure was a struggle.
    -Scotty
    2011 Spyder RTS-SM5 (mine)
    2000 BMW R1100RTP, motorized tricycle & 23 vintage bikes
    2011 RT-622 trailer, Aspen Sentry popup camper, custom motorcycle trailer to pull behind the Spyder

Mutant Trikes Forever!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

In today's World economy; there are production plants everywhere for everything... Companies outsource looking for what they need to build their product too... For example; you've always had metric forks on Sportsters.
    I try to buy from companies that have their corporate headquarters here in the U.S.A. I don't want the profits from my purchases going overseas...
    Foreign bikes: Honda, Suzuki, Kawasaki, Yamaha and Harley-Davidson! (Yup; an Aermachi-Davidson...)
    Foreign cars: Ford (A German Fiesta...) and 2 MINIs...
    The American manufacturers are experiencing a real upsurge in the quality of their vehicles: your situation notwithstanding...
    But they've STILL got to get it right when dealing with upset customers who have legitimate problems...
    Remember how Chrysler botched the whole minivan rear cargo door issue.
    Now think about how Toyota handled Tacomas rusting in half prematurely!

Off the soapbox now...

Spyder Garage

In today's World economy; there are production plants everywhere for everything... Companies outsource looking for what they need to build their product too... For example; you've always had metric forks on Sportsters.
    I try to buy from companies that have their corporate headquarters here in the U.S.A. I don't want the profits from my purchases going overseas...
    Foreign bikes: Honda, Suzuki, Kawasaki, Yamaha and Harley-Davidson! (Yup; an Aermachi-Davidson...)
    The American manufacturers are experiencing a real upsurge in the quality of their vehicles: your situation notwithstanding...
    But they've STILL got to get it right when dealing with upset customers who have legitimate problems...
    Remember how Chrysler botched the whole minivan rear cargo door issue.
    Now think about how Toyota handled Tacomas rusting in half prematurely!

Off the soapbox now...
    Well said

Spyder Garage

See you there.
    Last edited by wyliec; 04-21-2012 at 01:25 PM.

Spyder Garage

And they all insure the same, right Bob? It's rhetorical; you don't need to answer.