Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Default Suks getting old

Man I pulled a muscle yesterday doing nothing but turning around to backup on the Spyder. It hurts as bad as when I tore my sternum.

I put a little heat on it last night and some rub and it did help but I can't move without making involuntary noises. Didn't sleep too good last night and I am a little better today and I hope I'm better by the time I head to Spyderfest or else I'm not going to make it. Man it suxs that a guy can't even twist his body and not be put out of commission.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Been there, done that. Hurts like hell too. Hope you feel better quickly.
    Love my

Statistics show that most motorcycle accidents are caused by a defective nut holding the handlbars.

Spyder Garage

Sorry to here that you might not make Spyderfest. The only good news is this was at your home and not on the road to Spyderfest. I hope you get well enough to make the trip to Spyderfest.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by rafiki2cu View Post
    Sorry to here that you might not make Spyderfest. The only good news is this was at your home and not on the road to Spyderfest. I hope you get well enough to make the trip to Spyderfest.
    It happened about 60 miles from home and that didn't help.

Spyder Garage

Back, or the front?

I had an inflamed sternum for a couple of years before they diagnosed it. It got so bad that I literally started wondering if I was suffering a heart attack-- replicated the symptoms *precisely* (chest pain over the heart, arm pain, you name it). Finally went to get a cardiac workup, turned out I had a completely clean bill of heart health . But that's when they told me I probably had an inflamed sternum. A couple more doctor's visits and one giant cortisone shot in the chest later the pain went away, and it hasn't bothered me since.

Yup, getting old sux.
    Silver 2010 RS SE5: Triple Play, Taillight, Brightsides, Fender Tips, Easy Risers; Evo Sway Bar; Airhawk R & Beadrider; latch springs; Grab-On grips; Crampbuster; 24" Madstad smoke windshield & deflectors; N-R round bag & soft saddlebags; BRP handlebar bag; Throttlemeister; Spyderpops Missing Air Dam & Air Mgmt System; Rivco driver & passenger boards & pegs; ISCI parking brake extension; Ultimate Midrider Seat w/both backrests, Fox Racing Shocks, Yoshi R-77 exhaust and a whole lotta love!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by daveinva View Post
    Back, or the front?

I had an inflamed sternum for a couple of years before they diagnosed it. It got so bad that I literally started wondering if I was suffering a heart attack-- replicated the symptoms *precisely* (chest pain over the heart, arm pain, you name it). Finally went to get a cardiac workup, turned out I had a completely clean bill of heart health . But that's when they told me I probably had an inflamed sternum. A couple more doctor's visits and one giant cortisone shot in the chest later the pain went away, and it hasn't bothered me since.

Yup, getting old sux.
    It starts in the back on the left side and goes all the way to the front of my chest. I have a slight cough and that's killing me. If I take a deep breath that kills me. This better quit soon.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Lamonster View Post
    It starts in the back on the left side and goes all the way to the front of my chest. I have a slight cough and that's killing me. If I take a deep breath that kills me. This better quit soon.

Lamont, sorry to hear your under the weather. If your stomach can tolerate it use 3-325mg aspirin with each meal, alternate with 1000mg of Tylenol in between meals and use heat or ice which ever makes it feel better. If you have an acupuncture provider in the area go see them for help with symptoms. As with all things if your not doing better in a few days or your symptoms worsen get help immediately.

Hope you're feeling better sooner rather than later
    All the great movements in the world began with a cup of coffee!

2018 F3-T

My mods: Can am Trailer hitch, USB and 12 volt power outlets, Gustason windshield, Bead rider seat cushion, battery harness for electric gear and battery tender, Time out trailer.
    2018 F3-T , Pearl White

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by IGETAROUND View Post

Lamont, sorry to hear your under the weather. If your stomach can tolerate it use 3-325mg aspirin with each meal, alternate with 1000mg of Tylenol in between meals and use heat or ice which ever makes it feel better. If you have an acupuncture provider in the area go see them for help with symptoms. As with all things if your not doing better in a few days or your symptoms worsen get help immediately.

Hope you're feeling better sooner rather than later
    Agree, if your not improving in a few days get some medical help. I herniated two discs a few years ago. I literally had to crawl to the bathroom. I still do PT exercises to keep back muscles in shape.
    Again hope you feel better real soon!
    Phil

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    SpyderPhyl

2014 Cognac RT-LTD, SE6, ACE 1330

2014 RT-Ltd , Cognac

Spyder Garage

Get better soon!! Don't leave going to the Doctor to the last minute!!
    May all your encounters with the law begin with the words: "nice trike!".[/B]
    2015 Can-Am Spyder F3-S SM-6 Can-am Red/Black SM-6 with 2010 Black RT-622 trailer (hitch in the works).

Previously owned:
    2010 Can-Am Spyder RT SM-5
    2011 Can-Am Spyder RS-S SM-5
    2013 Can-Am Spyder RT-S SM-5

Very Active Member Arr MiHardies's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

2 weeks ago I injured my lower back simply throwing away a handfull of trash. Took me an hour to get up off the floor that night. A few days ago My wife did the same with her neck while drying her hair. Seems to be the season for involuntarily injuring ones self.
    President - Spyder Ryder of America - Mojave Desert Chapter
    National Web Master - Spyder Ryder of America

MOgang Member & Monster Member

Spyder Garage

Wow. Sounds like you pulled something around the rib cage or even cracked a rib. Had a guy at work one time got into a coughing fit one time while twisted and cracked a rib. Sounds like similar symptoms. Very painful but not a whole lot that can be done except wrap it, meds and "easy does it" time.

Bro, you gotta get better for SpyderFest or we will come get you in one of these. Pulled by a Spyder of course!

Spyder Garage

Sorry to hear this Lamont, as with others, been thru it a few times myself.

The thing I try to keep in mind as the years flash by is ....while it surely does suk getting older, I bet it sux a hell of a lot worse NOT getting any older!!
    '09 SM5, Hindle pipe, K&N, sport rack, backrest, Givi shield EVO swaybar, Symtec grip heaters, Spyderpops belt guard....some other stuff.

Don't worry about the bullet with your name on it,
    Be afraid of the one saying 'To Whom it May Concern'!

Spyder Garage

It is rough to get old...but it even happens to youngsters. I hope you heal quickly. Hard to ride a long distance when you're hurting.

If it makes you feel any better, back in my late twenties, I broke a rib kick starting my Honda 305 Scrambler. Imagine breaking a rib kicking over a motorcycle you could kick over with your hand. It was not only painful...it was embarrassing!
    -Scotty
    2011 Spyder RTS-SM5 (mine)
    2000 BMW R1100RTP, motorized tricycle & 23 vintage bikes
    2011 RT-622 trailer, Aspen Sentry popup camper, custom motorcycle trailer to pull behind the Spyder

Mutant Trikes Forever!

Spyder Garage

i have the same thing and throw my back out every two or three minths i got that black back suport from walmart and use it when i ride and when my back gos out ,helps a lot there only about 30 or 35 dollars and well worth the price.you could try it ,hang in there your too yiung for this ****. hope you make it to spyder fest.

Very Active Member mastertek2000's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Hope you feel better
    i remeber when I was in Nevada on a bike trip had to get seven stitches in my left hand about 3000 miles from home first few day going back home sucked I live in mass LOL

Spyder Garage

Hmmmm....you don't know the half of it!

Seriously, I had a "pneumothorax" some years ago. I was convinced that I was dying and, if I lived, would be helpless for the rest of my life. Great God, what pain! If you can, take Ibuprofin in that it reduces inflammation. Hang in there and trust your body.

Oh, yeah, and ask Ron to drive you to Missouri.

ken tompkins
    Man I pulled a muscle yesterday doing nothing but turning around to backup on the Spyder. It hurts as bad as when I tore my sternum.

I put a little heat on it last night and some rub and it did help but I can't move without making involuntary noises. Didn't sleep too good last night and I am a little better today and I hope I'm better by the time I head to Spyderfest or else I'm not going to make it. Man it suxs that a guy can't even twist his body and not be put out of commission.

Ride Forrest Ride!
    Spyder Garage

Welcome to the OLD CLUB .....That is just a preview to things to come...

...in the pink (Girls On Spyders) flamingobabe's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Give it time Lamont.....pulled something s few days before GTOF...from back near my butt...twisting around to the front....had a limp for a few...it's took about a week to 10 days...it's all gone now...but I start back to exercise class tomorrow...and I'm afraid....give it time...

#IamARyder #RideASpyder #CanAmSpyder

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

It may" suk" getting old, but it beats the out of any of the alternatives!
    As my old man used to say, "Rub some dirt on it and go get me a beer."
    But in the meantime; feel better!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Gettin old is NOT for sissies.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Amen...
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Consider going to get a massage. I slept wrong on my neck a week. Couldn't turn my head but a few degrees each way. Went through an hour of torture getting a massage - didn't feel that much better right away but the next morning was WAAAAY better.

Spyder Garage

Forest hit he nail on the head. Once it starts, no matter what age, it doesn't stop. Its downhill.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by effgjamis View Post
    Welcome to the OLD CLUB .....That is just a preview to things to come...
    Right on, Forrest.
    Dan

Teddys favorite human CyncySpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Exclamation

Sorry to hear about this Lamont, I know it hasta suck BIG TIME! I'm still recovering from back surgery from a ruptured disc about 3 weeks ago myself, & its not been fun as you can imagine You've been given much advice here & I'll add my own. Stay away from Aspirin, you want Ibuprophin to help control swelling. Also, alternating heat & ice seems to work best for sprains & healing. Just using heat may feel good, but may cause issues without alternating with ice, seems to work best alternating both. If it doesn't start feeling better in a few days, as others have suggested, don't put off seeking medical intervention or it could get much worse I hope your feeling better soon & can make it to SpyderFest Teddy & I will keep you in our prayers for a quick recovery