Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Newbie ACS question

I was reading my manual, and on page 49 it says on the chart for the ACS settings that the lower the pointer on the bar graph, the higher the ride height. The switch and description in the manual state that the higher the indicator, the "harder" the setting. Which is correct?
    I have been lurking here for a while, and must say that you Ryders are a helpful and enthusiastic bunch!
    Mike

Spyder Garage

The lower setting is the lower ride height.
    -Scotty
    2011 Spyder RTS-SM5 (mine)
    2000 BMW R1100RTP, motorized tricycle & 23 vintage bikes
    2011 RT-622 trailer, Aspen Sentry popup camper, custom motorcycle trailer to pull behind the Spyder

Mutant Trikes Forever!

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Holy Shnikies that was fast!! Apparently us Ryders must be quick as well as helpful and enthusiastic!

Teddys favorite human CyncySpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Thumbs up This IS the BEST site on the WWW for Anything & Everything Spyder Related

&

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Technical writers sometimes describe things in ways that leave you scratching your head. I know when I first read the manual, prior to the Spyder purchase, I had to do a double take when I read Page 49 of the manual. Here was a picture of the ACS bar graph that seemed to be, at first glance, contrary to the table listed for the settings 1(softest) to 5 (stiffest). I always assumed that numbers normally climb upwards from lowest to the highest. I was even more confused after reading the section on front shock settings where 5 is stiffest and 1 is softest.

Oh well, thank heavens for pictures.