Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Thumbs up You heard it here first- BRP Owners Event 2012

There's another post going about a possible Spyder event in CO and I didn't want George to put too much into it knowing where the owners event was going to be. I got permission to let you know that the BRP Owners Event will be in Durango CO sometime in June. The dates are getting nailed down now and should be finalized by next week so keep an eye here and on the BRP website for more details. This is a great area to ride and I hope there will be a good turnout from the west coast SpyderLovers along with the east coast SpyderLovers. It was nice having it in Maggie Valley this year but I'm looking forward to a real ride getting to the event next year.

Spyder Garage

Hope they get the dates nailed down sooner than later!!! Woot, always wanted to live in Colorado!! Now I will get to visit for the first time and see if I really want to retire there!!!

pitbull

Headed west !!! Awesome! love the mountains Thanks for the leak Lamont!....with Permission Sucks to have to play by the rules...I know I know

Spyder Garage

That's what I was hoping for. Looking forward to it!
    -Scotty
    2011 Spyder RTS-SM5 (mine)
    2000 BMW R1100RTP, motorized tricycle & 23 vintage bikes
    2011 RT-622 trailer, Aspen Sentry popup camper, custom motorcycle trailer to pull behind the Spyder

Mutant Trikes Forever!

Teddys favorite human CyncySpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Now thats a road-trip

...in the pink (Girls On Spyders) flamingobabe's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

love Colorado.....sooo many roads to ryde....soo much to see and do....we are headed to the west in late July or early August for a trip...will just have to go to Colorado in June...I do believe Colorado is where I 1st met Lamont....
    Last edited by flamingobabe; 01-24-2012 at 05:02 PM.

#IamARyder #RideASpyder #CanAmSpyder

MOgang Member & Monster Member

Spyder Garage

Oooh yeah. That is the ticket!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Lamonster View Post
    There's another post going about a possible Spyder event in CO and I didn't want George to put too much into it knowing where the owners event was going to be. I got permission to let you know that the BRP Owners Event will be in Durango CO sometime in June. The dates are getting nailed down now and should be finalized by next week so keep an eye here and on the BRP website for more details. This is a great area to ride and I hope there will be a good turnout from the west coast SpyderLovers along with the east coast SpyderLovers. It was nice having it in Maggie Valley this year but I'm looking forward to a real ride getting to the event next year.
    That is too COOL!!!!!

I guess I will be able to enjoy more than work!!! I can't wait to meet and ryde with all the other Spyder Ryders that will be there!!!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by GnA View Post
    That is too COOL!!!!!

I guess I will be able to enjoy more than work!!! I can't wait to meet and ryde with all the other Spyder Ryders that will be there!!!
    I wanted to say something to you sooner but couldn't. Looking forward to riding in your neck of the woods.

Spyder Garage

I'll be planning vacation time around this one. I can just envision Lamont leaving out and the rest of us sneaking right in as he heads west. A Spyder snowball effect. By the time he gets to Colorado a couple hundred Spyders tagging along.

Now THAT would be a sight!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Lamonster View Post
    I wanted to say something to you sooner but couldn't. Looking forward to riding in your neck of the woods.
    No problem... have you been on the million dollar highway yet? Ouray, Silverton???

Lots of great roads out that way... but I like the canyon and mountain roads of the Front Range a little more.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by GnA View Post
    No problem... have you been on the million dollar highway yet? Ouray, Silverton???

Lots of great roads out that way... but I like the canyon and mountain roads of the Front Range a little more.
    Did that road in a pickup truck while moving from L.A. to D.C. ten years ago. It was white-knuckle in a *truck*, I can only imagine how much, ummmm, fun it'd be on the back of a Spyder.

Plenty, I figure!
    Silver 2010 RS SE5: Triple Play, Taillight, Brightsides, Fender Tips, Easy Risers; Evo Sway Bar; Airhawk R & Beadrider; latch springs; Grab-On grips; Crampbuster; 24" Madstad smoke windshield & deflectors; N-R round bag & soft saddlebags; BRP handlebar bag; Throttlemeister; Spyderpops Missing Air Dam & Air Mgmt System; Rivco driver & passenger boards & pegs; ISCI parking brake extension; Ultimate Midrider Seat w/both backrests, Fox Racing Shocks, Yoshi R-77 exhaust and a whole lotta love!

Spyder Garage

THATS FANTASTIC!
    2014 Timeless Black RTS/SE - BRP CB/Comm System; BRP Zumo 660 GPS System; BRP Cellphone Interface; BRP ST-1 Helmets w/BRP Headsets; BRP XM Radio; BRP Tri-Axis Handlebars; BRP Adj Wind Deflectors; BRP Adj Vent Windshield; BRP Comfort Seat & Utopia Backrest; Corbin Armrests; HMT Brake Light; TricLED 3/4 Brake & Running Lights; TricLED Fender Lights & Rr Cargo Lights; CD Fender TIPS Kit; Bump Skid; Scorpio i900 Alarm; Touratech GPS Locking Mount; NBV Highway Mounts; BBP Brake Pedal, Stebel horn.

Spyder Garage

Lamont,
    I'm sure it will be on a weekend like last year (Fri-Sun). If so, when (day of week) do you think you will start out that way (assuming you are going) and come back? May get a caravan from the east together.

Spyder Garage

Absolutely Great.. Should be a fantastic ride to get there and wonderful local scenery to view..
    220,000 Mile Spyder Ryder, IBA Premier member #59352, Saddlesore 1000 (11), Bun Burner 1500 (3), Saddlesore 2000 (2), Bun Burner Gold, MILEEATER SILVER

Ride Forrest Ride!
    Spyder Garage

WOW!!!!! only 4,000 plus miles round trip from Florida.
    Using google shows 2,003 one way. one day plus 9 hrs ( 33 hours ride) not counting gas and convience breaks.
    Last edited by effgjamis; 12-08-2011 at 03:48 PM.

Spyder Garage

Default That rocks!

Wow! So glad to hear that BRP has selected CO for the event. I can't wait.
    I know that I will be planning on spending more time on this.

GnA - For those of us that what to spend more time in your beautiful state, how about adding some additional events (rides) prior to the event so that we can all ride together? Maybe a group ride event each day with the destination being a place to eat. Love those RTEs (ride to eat)!
    David
    McKinney, TX

Spyder Garage

I guess Lamonster's BBQ will not be before the Owner's Event. I remember a while back it was talked about making that an "event" on its own anyway.

Spyder Garage

We are planning a group ride from here in the DFW area-just need a date!
    2011 RT-SE5 - Orbital Blue - Garmin Zumo 660, Shoei Firestrike Helmets, Kuryakyn Widow Pegs, Sena SMH10 Bluetooth, Real Chrome Dash Kit, Butler Mug and Camera Mount, Spyderpops Heat Shield, Spyderpops Missing Belt Guard

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by effgjamis View Post
    WOW!!!!! only 4,000 plus miles round trip from Florida.
    Using google shows 2,003 one way. one day plus 9 hrs ( 33 hours ride) not counting gas and convience breaks.
    Heck
    That is just a breakfast trip for you Mr. Triangle.

Spyder Garage

Well... I hope to be there. I think I can swing it, just needs some planning with work.
    WackyDan - Fun, not crazy.
    Charlotte (Matthews), NC
    Silver Moon SM5 - V35 and V46 Givis, CHAD, Motolight 35w steering lights, Dash Powerlets, Helibar risers, Garage door opener, Eastern Beaver PC-8, Digital voltmeter, Kewl Metal Intake, Evoluzione Sway Bar, RT Shocks and Juice Box PRO.
    *Mower deck in development*
    2008 model -new in crate, April 09
    26,000 miles.

Looking for other Charlotte area riders to cruise with and compare Spyders.

HAPPY SPYDER OWNER

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

RT 285 from Denver , over Wolf Creek Pass to Durango/Cortez is one of the most scenic area's in the country...Spent 3 years in Colorado...one of the best assignments I had while in the Army...Gotta figure out how to make this trip if we go to Cuba...Cindi can't get the time off for both...may have to batch it on one of them...

Spyder Garage

I would love to make this part of the SpyderWebUSA event (yes I'm still working on that), and hook up with riders along the way. Now that we know where we just need to know when and start making plans.

Spyder Garage

Default Was there just a little over a year ago

Judy and I where in Durango, Co in September 2010. I think that's at the end of the Million Dollar Hwy?. Very nice riding in that area.
    As a matter of fact, We decided on that trip we needed to do that on a motorcycle. When we returned I purchased the Spyder in October. So just thinking. We were planning a vacation this year and going out west in June or July. I think now I know where we will be going.

If your going there from the East Coast man I can tell you a lot of cool places to go... Just don't look down and keep your eyes on the
    road type Hwys.

Sorry, check out my name RC in Durango lol
    States Judy and I have visited so far on the

Spyder Garage

Going to need to do a little research...
    May all your encounters with the law begin with the words: "nice trike!".[/B]
    2015 Can-Am Spyder F3-S SM-6 Can-am Red/Black SM-6 with 2010 Black RT-622 trailer (hitch in the works).

Previously owned:
    2010 Can-Am Spyder RT SM-5
    2011 Can-Am Spyder RS-S SM-5
    2013 Can-Am Spyder RT-S SM-5