Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Default Would you do this?

I was thinking that this would be fun, Keeping in mind that it's going to be cold. We have a town in southern Indiana call Santa Claus and every year they have a large drive threw Christmas light display. I suggested to the wife we take the Spyder down and drive it instead of the car. It sounds like a lot of fun to me. Would you do this or have you done something like that? Keep in mind it's going to be in the 20's here Saturday night.
    States Judy and I have visited so far on the

Teddys favorite human CyncySpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Thumbs up If it wasn't so far, heck, Teddy & I would join ya's

Hey, as long as your prepaired, there shouldn't be any issues, as long as the roads are clear of snow & ice

I just checked GPS & its a 3 & a half hour ryde for us, or we'd join you guys. Granted, the adjustable shield & the heated grips of the RT-S make for a more comfortable ryde than the RS, but if you dress approprietly for the conditions, you should have a good time Tho, I bet as many ppl that are look'n at the light display, will also be checking you guys out.IMG_20111206_154748.jpg

Spyder Garage

If the weather permits, go for it! One thing you might need to consider is if there is a requirement to turn off headlights as you go through, as some I've seen require. If so, you'd probably need to leave the Spyder at home.
    Mark & Mary Lou Lawson
    Snellville, GA USA
    '10 RT-S PE #0031
    '10 RT-622 Trailer
    '08 Yellow SM5 #2332
    '01 Black GL1800A Goldwing #0930

"Remember in the darkness what you have learned in the light." - Joe Bayly

Spyder Garage

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by MarkLawson View Post
    If the weather permits, go for it! One thing you might need to consider is if there is a requirement to turn off headlights as you go through, as some I've seen require. If so, you'd probably need to leave the Spyder at home.
    or, you could take a couple pieces of cardboard with you & some tape, just in case. If they ask you to turn the lights off, just tape over your headlights while you ryde through the display. You'll be ryding at a slow speed anyways, so there shouldn't be any issues just a suggestion, thats all

Spyder Garage

Default Sounds like a blast!

I would go but the spyder looks like thisIMG_0990.jpgin anticipation of the work that I want to do,
    and riding it like this would me way uncomfortable for 6 hours.
    Corbin saddle
    spyderpops block off plate, bump skid, belt guard
    IPS
    Tricled LED lights all around(too many to name here)
    Smoothspyder belt tensioner
    Custom Dynamics britesides
    VTC floorboards, upper air vents, spoiler
    BK car stuff HID upgrade
    trailer hitch
    Repainted rear fender, trunk latch assembly, switch cluster, gauge cluster
    cell phone interface kit
    travel cover that no longer fits due to the spoiler
    New sway bar
    New shock relocator

Spyder Garage

My wife and I took our through the local park that has a done a Christmas light show for over ten years now,it was greatalthough many of the people were watching us more then the lights
    2015 RT White,Tj's Dash mount,Rivco's Duel Flag Holder,SealsFloorBoards(Pups),Custom Dynamics fender lights(R/W)Bajaron's Swaybar & links,Lamonster's LED headlights,lidlox.Wiredux A-arm driving lights(upper&lower)FOBO TPMS system,Spyerpops lighted bumpskid,Foom handgrips.
    tobor9@me.com

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by CyncySpyder View Post
    or, you could take a couple pieces of cardboard with you & some tape, just in case. If they ask you to turn the lights off, just tape over your headlights while you ryde through the display. You'll be ryding at a slow speed anyways, so there shouldn't be any issues just a suggestion, thats all
    Hey your reading my mind, I have some soft black carpet that was left over from the DB rebuild. Was thinking I would cut some panels out to cover up the headlights. Santa Claus is about 45 minutes from Evansville so going to trailer it up there and unload for the ride. To many dear out running from guns right now for me.

---
    I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=37.993971,-87.555962

Spyder Garage

Great idea to go and participate. As mentioned above, if its not snow or ice on the roads--20 degrees is doable if you are dressed good. Riding pants and jacket with liners, good gloves, and I recommend a belaclava type helmet liner--to keep the frosty air off your face.

I rode through Santa Claus during the summer on my bike when I lived in Indiana in the 70's. I had to check the place out.

Have a great and safe ryde.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyderless Member
    Spyder Garage

Dress warm, And just do it.
    Rember you mostly regret the things you Haven't done,
    Not the things you HAVE.

Spyder Garage

If we go I hope to take a picture or two with the lights and in them. Hope there will be others that do the same
    thing from all over US and post them here on Spyderlovers so we can all enjoy. We have a really nice display here in town also but
    plan to use the DB and take the dog. It's our little horse and carriage.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Spyder Garage

Default Well us too

Quote Originally Posted by tobor9 View Post
    My wife and I took our through the local park that has a done a Christmas light show for over ten years now,it was greatalthough many of the people were watching us more then the lights
    As far as the northerly ride goes, like was said, just dress for it and have a blast. As for us, James Island here we come! Oh, and on a regional note, there is also a drive through at Santee Canal Park as well.

Patrick
    2011 RTS 2006 Yamaha Morphous
    2017 F150 2015 MINI Cooper S IBA 56167

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by boborgera View Post
    Remember you mostly regret the things you Haven't done,
    Not the things you HAVE.
    Go for it!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

What is the date? We are in if it is not to bad. It is only 30 min. for us but we will have to ride there. Be nice to meet up again.

States We Have Been To On Our Spyder

My mods: Green filter, Air box mod., Muzzy exhaust, Cat Bypass, Exhaust Heat Wraped, Powder coated all Bare Metal surfaces, Capt. Jim`s Belt Tensioner, Custom Built Highway Pegs, Elka front shocks, RS-S rear shock, 2011 smaller windshield, Dynojet PowercommanderV & Autotune, NGK iridiom DCPR9IEX spark plugs, Maxxis MA-Z4S Victra rear tire, General Altimax HP 185/60R14 front tires, Corbin seat & backrest, BRP hitch. I need to stop!

Spyder Garage

We also have friends who live 3 miles from there. They can almost see Holiday World from their house. We could take our Spyder there when it was warmer and leave it and just pick it up for the drive through. You would be able to unload there also, they have 50 acres and it would be a safe place to leave our stuff.

My mods: Green filter, Air box mod., Muzzy exhaust, Cat Bypass, Exhaust Heat Wraped, Powder coated all Bare Metal surfaces, Capt. Jim`s Belt Tensioner, Custom Built Highway Pegs, Elka front shocks, RS-S rear shock, 2011 smaller windshield, Dynojet PowercommanderV & Autotune, NGK iridiom DCPR9IEX spark plugs, Maxxis MA-Z4S Victra rear tire, General Altimax HP 185/60R14 front tires, Corbin seat & backrest, BRP hitch. I need to stop!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by MarkLawson View Post
    You can use duct tape. One piece on on each light.

Mike

GOS member (Girls On Spyders)
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by boborgera View Post
    Rember you mostly regret the things you Haven't done,
    Not the things you HAVE.
    We would definitely do it if we were closer to you. I truly agree with the above quote. I'm ryding the on my own, and have done a lot of things I never thought I would. It's called living, and I want to do it to the fullest!!

Spyder Garage

Default Sounds like fun

Sounds like fun. Consider taking some chemical activated hand warmers to stick in your pockets.

Previous owner of a 2008 Spyder SM5.
    Current owner of a 2007 Yamaha Royal Star Venture

Spyder Garage

Default Santa Clause is a great place

It sounds great. I would like to hook up with you and striperking again. Leesa and i look forward to our next outing. Where is the drive through in Eville?
    Watch the deer i almost hit one the other day.

Spyder Garage

Default Really, am I that damn addicted

Ok, I'm reading this thread & in the back of my mind, I'm thinking, WE CAN DO THIS

Wouldn't it be cool to have a bunch of Spyders there to go through together & what a photo op

Would make for a GREAT CHRISTMAS CARD Teddys been dying for a road trip

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by StriperKing View Post
    We also have friends who live 3 miles from there. They can almost see Holiday World from their house. We could take our Spyder there when it was warmer and leave it and just pick it up for the drive through. You would be able to unload there also, they have 50 acres and it would be a safe place to leave our stuff.
    It's this Saturday and next Saturday also 12/10 and 12/17. It's got to be this weekend for us. We have party the weekend of the 17th.
    Although rather do ride then party where wife works. . There is two places to ride from what I hear, One Christmas Lake Village which is free and loops in and out of there about 27 miles. And the other is camp ground area which does cost but hear it's like Garvins Park display. Never done that one. Let me know what your thinking would work for you.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by chickenhoose View Post
    It sounds great. I would like to hook up with you and striperking again. Leesa and i look forward to our next outing. Where is the drive through in Eville?
    Watch the deer i almost hit one the other day.
    Garvin Park has one and its very nice. South off Diamond Ave on Heidelbach Ave. Cant miss it. Costs, but money goes for a good
    cause. Thinking its Easter Seals.

Spyder Garage

Default Teddy ride

Ok, I'm reading this thread & in the back of my mind, I'm thinking, WE CAN DO THIS

Wouldn't it be cool to have a bunch of Spyders there to go through together & what a photo op

Would make for a GREAT CHRISTMAS CARD Teddys been dying for a road trip

Teddy might get a little cold but it would be a lot of fun. Just say the word, We can make this happen. I've been wanting

to meet You and Teddy anyway.

Spyder Garage

Question Teddy's got his winter coat now, not to mention all his other winter ryde'n gear

I'm not worried about the pup, he's got it better than I do. Last Christmas, we did a trip from Cincy to Indy (100 miles one way) to get our Moto-Mate Camper at an RV show (for 1/2 off) & with his set-up, he was warm & toasty, as was I, except for my feet. We actually had to do the trip twice, 1st time was 12 degrees & second was 28. I thought my boots & thermal socks would do it, but I was wrong. Thought my toes were going to get frost-bite, so I kept wiggling them, & made it ok & learned a valuable lesson. Now I use those chemical boot liners for long cold trips & all is well once again.

What time are you guys meeting & can you give me a physical address or GPS coordinates so I can plug it into his Zumo & then I can really see if I can make this happen

Spyder Garage

I'm not worried about the pup, he's got it better than I do. Last Christmas, we did a trip from Cincy to Indy (100 miles one way) to get our Moto-Mate Camper at an RV show (for 1/2 off) & with his set-up, he was warm & toasty, as was I, except for my feet. We actually had to do the trip twice, 1st time was 12 degrees & second was 28. I thought my boots & thermal socks would do it, but I was wrong. Thought my toes were going to get frost-bite, so I kept wiggling them, & made it ok & learned a valuable lesson. Now I use those chemical boot liners for long cold trips & all is well once again.

What time are you guys meeting & http://www.lakerudolph.com/can you give me a physical address or GPS coordinates so I can plug it into his Zumo & then I can really see if I can make this happen

We have no set time, starts at 5:00 p.m - 9:00 p.m. Santa Claus, IN.

some links:

http://www.lakerudolph.com
    http://clvillage.com
    http://www.nps.gov/libo/index.htm

Let me know if you will make it.

Spyder Garage

I work this Sat. but will be off by 3:15 to 3:45. We would freeze our butts off but we would live. We don`t have all the fancy winter riding gear but we know how to layer, lol. Would look like the marshmellow man. If it dosn`t rain I am in. I could be ready by 5:30 at the latest.