Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

My Thought For The Day...
    I Miss our Pug! We had to have Ozzie put to sleep yesterday.
    For such a little dog; it has torn a Clydesdale-sized hole in our lives...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

arntufun

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    My Thought For The Day...
    I Miss our Pug! We had to have Ozzie put to sleep yesterday.
    For such a little dog; it has torn a Clydesdale-sized hole in our lives...

Sorry to hear that Bob.

Spyder Garage

Sorry about Ozzie, We put down the family Border Collie who had a bout with lyme disease over a year ago and have not replaced him yet.
    Last edited by muskrat; 11-17-2011 at 10:04 AM.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Ozzie was also a victim of Lyme's... In spite of all of the vaccinations and boosters he must have just run into the wrong tick... It crippled him up real bad with arthritus to the point that he could barely get our of bed...
    He suffered far more than he deserved... A tough; but correct decision had to be made...
    Now i'm going to go home and have another good cry... I'm just an old softie when it comes to dogs and this one has been tough...

Spyder Garage

[QUOTE=Bob Denman;391529]Ozzie was also a victim of Lyme's... In spite of all of the vaccinations and boosters he must have just run into the wrong tick... It crippled him up real bad with arthritus to the point that he could barely get our of bed...
    He suffered far more than he deserved... A tough; but correct decision had to be made...
    Now i'm going to go home and have another good cry... I'm just an old softie when it comes to dogs and this one has been tough...[/QUOT

We have a small pet cemetary on the backside of the farm that has three dogs from over the years, One has a cross and a flagstone gravemarker. So I totaly understand.

Teddys favorite human CyncySpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Teddy says you need a good lick'n

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    Ozzie was also a victim of Lyme's... In spite of all of the vaccinations and boosters he must have just run into the wrong tick... It crippled him up real bad with arthritus to the point that he could barely get our of bed...
    Now i'm going to go home and have another good cry... I'm just an old softie when it comes to dogs and this one has been tough...
    Wow, this is tuff, we're both gonna say a lil prayer for you tonight Bob. Loosing a family member is always hard

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Teddy's right...
    Thanks...

Spyder Garage

Default DAY 13

A person who has never owned a dog has missed a wonderful part of life .........

I'm so sorry to hear about your loss Bob....

Spyder Garage

Our sympathies to you Bob. We lost our huskey/wolf Maxx about 6 years ago and we still miss him. We had to have our little kitty put down 9 years ago and she broke my old hard heart.

USAF '69-'89 E7
    Thailand/Vietnam 1972
    Member: Royal Order of Rat Bastards

Spyder Garage

Sorry for your loss Bob. The love from a dog is irreplaceable. My thoughts are with you
    SPYDEB

Very Active Member Spyderjockey's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default So sad for your loss!

My heart really goes out to you Bob, I know the terrible feeling of grief and loss you are going through right now. I have lost so many good buddies over the years and each had a special place in my heart and family. Don't be afraid to cry over your loss I still do when I think of these special loved ones and their unconditional love! Will keep you in my thoughts.
    Corbin Bags and Corbin trailer hitch
    Shark 250 Watt Sound System with 2 speakers in front 1 in back
    Kurakyn Highway Foot Pegs
    Garmin nuvi 1450 LMT with Ram Mount
    F1 Queen Slider Windshield
    Power Outlet
    Shark communtication system
    SDC L.E.D. 6" Tail/Brake Light
    Gremlin Bell from Tail of the Dragon ride
    Cortech tank bag
    Kewlmetal adjustable handlebars
    Elkas Shocks all the way around
    Utopia Backrest

Love my Spyder!!!

zrc

Bob,

I might not be a veteran member or someone you know well, but I also am sorry for your loss. Over 2 years ago I lost my first inside dog. I had never owned a little dog or one that lived inside, growing up my father was allergic and I just never really got passed that until I got a Yorkie for my exwife. Not long after I ended up with 2 and then a shih tzu. I lost my Yorkie to a spinal infection, then I lost my other yorkie and shih tzu in a divorce. To be honest of all the things that happened to me the hole in my life from the loss of my pets was harder than anything else. I will offer all the good energy, karma, and prayers I can for you. Since that time a new pet has entered my life and she is my constant companion and honestly probably my best friend (as much as she can be). We will both think about you and your family.

I hope and pray for healing in your life!

Spyder Garage

Bob
    Truly sorry for your loss.
    Illinois Patriot Guard

Founding member of Woodstock Spyder Ryders

2014 RTS SE6 - White
    2010 RT/AC SE5 retired with 26,536 miles

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Thanks guys...
    Kathy and I are both hanging in there for right now... It's kind of funny how it takes a person whose life has been blessed with such unconditional love to really understand the depth and breadth of one's sorrow in these situations... We apprecaite all of your thoughts and concern and of course will heal; but we'll never forget... Kathy is donating his bed and toys to the local shelter so that those little guys might have their lots in life improved a little...

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Thanks Roger,
    I'm glad to see that you've returned; I would have of course rather that it have been for a happier reason...

Spyder Garage

Default DAY 15

The trouble with the rat race is that even if you win, you're still a rat.

Spyder Garage

Default chickens

why did the chicken cross the road?,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,to prove to the opossum that it can be done
    it was fun while it lasted.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Rattigan_Roger View Post
    The trouble with time started a century ago, when Einstein’s special and general theories of relativity demolished the idea of time as a universal constant.One consequence is that the past, present, and future are not absolute.
    Try living as though the past, present and future are not absolute and see where it gets you. The question is where would you like to start? Yesterday, so you'll have a little history and know who you are? Or today for the ultimate fresh beginning? Or tomorrow, giving you time to put your affairs in order? (What affairs are those, if your first day is to be tomorrow?)

See, the trouble with deep thinkers is that we all too readily take notice of their deliberations. It's our fatally flawed fascination with giant intellects and groups of intellectuals that gave us the nuclear bomb and the {false} religion of Climate Change. I put it no stronger than that.
    Last edited by GeoffCee; 11-19-2011 at 03:53 PM. Reason: clarity?

2011 RT-S SE5, Acumen Tempest Cat-1 Alarm, SmoothSpyder Belt Tensioner,
    Autocom Super Pro Auto, Garmin Zumo 550 BT, 10amp Socket, Front Fender LED's,
    Grip Puppies, Spyderpop Belt Guard, Nautilus Horn, Shortee Antenna, BajaRon's Swaybar,
    Cree LED Day Running Lights.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Time is ...

... the device in the universe which is to keep everything from happening at once.

Lately it's been doing a lousy job!!

thehawk
    In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice ... in practice, however, that's just a theory.

Very Active Member Arr MiHardies's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Since mankind doesn't face and won't face any serious problems the average Corrie viewer can't figure out in 22 minutes
    we should just stop listening to those with IQs above room temperature because someone figured out how to make a weapon
    from Maxwell's equations.
    I'd listen to someone with an IQ above room temperature... of course, I live in the desert where it gets quite hot.

This also assumes you measure temperature on the Fahrenheit scale. Otherwise you'd be listening to nearly everyone.

Spyder Garage

...we should just stop listening to those with IQs above room temperature because someone figured out how to make a weapon from Maxwell's equations.
    No matter how pure the science, Mankind always seems ready for a new weapon. It appears to be universal. For instance, we've got kids in the UK attempting to blind airline pilots on landing approach with school classroom laser pointers. I'm puzzled as to where they get their motivation.

Grip Puppies, Spyderpop Belt Guard, Nautilus Horn, Shortee Antenna, BajaRon's Swaybar,

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

There's been a bit of that foolishness over here too! Don't these morons realize that they can't actually get the beam to do anything other than to upset the Authorities.. Who WILL come looking for you!

Spyder Garage

Default DAY 16

Millions long for immortality who do not know what to do with themselves on a rainy Sunday afternoon

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Holly View Post
    Millions long for immortality who do not know what to do with themselves on a rainy Sunday afternoon
    A depressing observation in a shade of blue. First make me immortal then I'll turn my attention to solving the universal problem of rainy Sunday afternoons, it's the least I could do to show my gratitude. I'm sure I could come up with a solution, given an eternity to think deeply about it. As it is my time is limited so I don't give a rat's ass if it rains or not, it's just weather doin' its thing.
    Last edited by GeoffCee; 11-20-2011 at 08:36 PM.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Red Storm Rising by Tom Clancy. A Spec. Ops. person used a focused beam of light to incapitate a pilot.