Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Spyder Garage

On the new Silver RT. Welcome back into the fold. Are you rebuilding your house or have you found another one ?
    Happy Owner

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by dave711 View Post
    We have a 2011 rts on it's way to replace the 2010 blue spyder that we lost. Hopefully it will be as trouble free as our melted blue one. Changing to silver color and to the se so maybe this one can escape any fires in the future. Thanks for all the prayers ya'll. We can and will rebuild our home (but not in the forest) and rebuild our lives. I'm sure the new spyder will help things get back to normal!
    Thanks so much for the update and the good news. Best wishes on your road to recovery!
    -Scotty
    2011 Spyder RTS-SM5 (mine)
    2000 BMW R1100RTP, motorized tricycle & 23 vintage bikes
    2011 RT-622 trailer, Aspen Sentry popup camper, custom motorcycle trailer to pull behind the Spyder

Mutant Trikes Forever!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Good luck with the silver I hope you enjoy it.
    2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Spyder Garage

Dave,

Did they let you keep the old Spyder?? You could make one hell of a go cart with the Rotax engine.

cougar

Spyder Garage

Happy to hear you're starting to put your lives back together!
    Dan

Spyder Garage

I don't know how I missed this post before, but sorry to hear of your loss. Best of luck with the new . Best Wishes to you all, and Ryde safe.

....and we're gonna ride, we're gonna ride.....

ride like the one-eyed Jack of Diamonds, with
    the devil close behind,.....we're gonna ride....

2008 GS.....PE # 2888

Spyder Garage

Silver is the fastest color...
    May all your encounters with the law begin with the words: "nice trike!".[/B]
    2015 Can-Am Spyder F3-S SM-6 Can-am Red/Black SM-6 with 2010 Black RT-622 trailer (hitch in the works).

Previously owned:
    2010 Can-Am Spyder RT SM-5
    2011 Can-Am Spyder RS-S SM-5
    2013 Can-Am Spyder RT-S SM-5

GOS Founding Member (Girls On Spyders)

Spyder Garage

I missed the original thread and am glad to hear you guys are doing OK. Maybe your new 2011 silver RT should be named Phoenix since it sounds like you guys are rising out of this mess with a positive outlook. I pray it gets better as each day goes by.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

We found a rental house for a year while we rebuild somewhere to be determined.. can't use the rotax for a go cart as the block melted along with everything else dancogan We just came through your state Farran, Wifes brother died in Kansas City, love driving through the boston mountains. someday we will take the 3 wheeled version.

I have heard that silver is faster, should be able to find out next week!
    2010 RTac, Utopia backrest, spyder pops heat shield, KewlMetal grip endcaps, Gps mount, hmt tail lights, day ryders, siebel horn, Kohmo ast tire.. oh yeah wife of 25 years always on the back seat with q2 headset!Correction!!!!.. the Bastrop fires engulfed the poor spyder after 16000 fun filled miles. Now riding 2011 metalic RTS with nbv footpegs, heat shield, hmt with strobe, Utopia backrest, and the same wife of 25 years with g4 headsets.

Spyder Garage

Glad to hear you are putting one foot in front of the other and getting on with your lives. Not easy after what you've been through. I've often thought that if I experienced a disaster like that, that I might just sit and cry. I'll bet you did some crying too. Good luck to you as you carry on. Having the Spyder has got to help melt the blues. Best of luck to you and your family.
    Marilyn

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Smile

I agree with DynamoBT I would just sit and cry for ever I think. My prayers go out to you and your family. Best of everything when you get to rebuild. Today I wish for you a day of ordinary miracles...... A fresh pot of coffee you didn't make yourself........ An unexpected phone call from an old friend.............. Green stop lights on your way to work.............The fastest line in the grocery store............. A good sing along song on the radio.........Your keys found right where you left them.......... and best wish of all............ a new by your side or at least in the garage!!!! May all your wishes come true. Think positive and they will.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Just an update... picked up the 2011 rts se today.. really strange not having a clutch, but really shifts well. I will have to get used to it. Really beautiful metalic silver. Thanks for all the prayers and well wishes. Now for the mods. Already ordered the utopia backrest. Does anyone use the chatterbox? The helmets I got are bt ready for the chatterbox, but I had the scala g4's. what recomendations are out there?
    2010 RTac, Utopia backrest, spyder pops heat shield, KewlMetal grip endcaps, Gps mount, hmt tail lights, day ryders, siebel horn, Kohmo ast tire.. oh yeah wife of 25 years always on the back seat with q2 headset!Correction!!!!.. the Bastrop fires engulfed the poor spyder after 16000 fun filled miles. Now riding 2011 metalic RTS with nbv footpegs, heat shield, hmt with strobe, Utopia backrest, and the same wife of 25 years with g4 headsets.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Hey Dave ...

... nice to meet you guys this morning at CTPowersports as you picked up the new Spyder.

Blessings ... and many happy miles on your new one!!

thehawk
    In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice ... in practice, however, that's just a theory.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Thanks, We will seeing you soon as we plan on hitting some of the rydes in the spyder group. Nice to meet another spyder lover.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by DynamoBT View Post
    I can't imagine a disaster in which you lose everything but your life. Thank God you and your family survived.
    I wish you all the best as you put your lives back together. There have to be better days ahead for you and your family. Strength and courage to you all in the days ahead.

Hand grips
    GPS holder
    Buttler mug holder
    Running lights front and rear
    12V plug in
    Graphics

Spyder Garage

Glad to hear things are on the mend.

Teddys favorite human CyncySpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default This is hard, but the old saying about "That which does not kill us...........

[QUOTE=FrankPa;375155]Of course, I agree with the above... I hope you get back into shape quickly. As many of you know, I lost my wife a few months ago, and a lot of those pics in my pocket can NEVER be taken again!:^)[/QUOTE
    Teddy & I have added y'all to our prayer list for the strength to get thru this. 3 years ago, a fire destroyed everything I owned, minus a hoody, pair of socks & the boxer shorts I was wearing, standing in the snow, my hands clutched around a waste paper basket with my pet chinchilla inside & a towel over it, I watched silently as fire destroyed everything. When it was all done & over, I had a much GREATER Appreciation of what really matters in life & that is family & friends & those that we love. As mentioned by FrankPa above, my biggest true loss was of photos of my mother that had passed away a couplevyears prior, that were never duplicated or backed up. When I saw the montage wooden frame charred black & burnt, all the photos history, thats when I truly felt loss.

We pray for your well being & that brighter days will come. Your not alone, if you need anything, just ask.]

...in the pink (Girls On Spyders) flamingobabe's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Great news....a new RT plus thoughts of a new home...good to hear

#IamARyder #RideASpyder #CanAmSpyder