Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Spyders.TV

Todd&Cat

Default Spyders.TV

I explained my idea to Lamont today and ask if I could make a post on the forum here when I get ready to air the 1st beta show of (The Spyder Show @ Spyders.TV) so that you as spyder people could watch and give some feed back. I don't know about you but I've always liked some visual time and this show would contain input from the viewers by chat, Skype, and other means. This a show about all of you aired once a week for 60 min. on a given day and the shows would archived for those who can't what the live stream. I have two Spyders (RS & RT ) that would be used as live demos for spyder tutorials from operation to show a lot of you what's inside and to know what we speak of when trying to explain things. Many of you would be invited to be a guess on the show and to participate in round table discussion. I had planned to attend Spyder events and to stream them live so those unable to attend see them live and could feel connected be able to communicate live with the participants and not have to wait after its all over. I never in my wildest dream wanted to promote anything on Spyderlovers because there is nothing to promote. I have no sponsors or advertisers no do I want any. I pay for all of this myself and I was doing all this for the Spyderlovers. Not just Spyderlovers will be watching this. I will be streaming this show to six (6) CDNs. I been sitting here in my studio reading the post on Spyderlovers and from what I'm reading you Spyderlovers are not ready for this show. I have 4 other show on a weekly basis that take enough time for me to manage and yes maybe I need to concentrate my efforts else where. Ryde those Spyder Safetly
    Last edited by Todd&Cat; 09-05-2011 at 08:48 PM.

Spyder Garage

The best of luck with your show.. In less I missed it when is it airing?? Also, can you provide a link or a bit more information, I would love to watch it.. Not sure what you meant by the below statement though::

I been sitting here in my studio reading the post on Spyderlovers and from what I'm reading you Spyderlovers arn not ready for this.

?????????????

Again, best of luck on your show..

X Joe

Teddys favorite human CyncySpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Thumbs up You got Teddys attention -lol

Sounds interesting, where does one get more info?

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Hey Todd&Cat, too bad about the treatment your getting on here, I would have been interested. Some people are just whiners..

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by CyncySpyder View Post
    Sounds interesting, where does one get more info?
    http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...st-another-FYI

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

I think its great that you are doing a live steaming TV web show My issue is that you are calling your show SPYDERLOVERS TV as was posted on another thread. I noticed that you edited your original post to start this thread and are you now Calling your show SPYDER TV ?. You could also give Spyder Lovers web site some exposure on your show. JMHO

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Todd&Cat View Post
    I explained my idea to Lamont today and ask if I could make a post on the forum here when I get ready to air the 1st beta show of (The Spyder Show @ Spyders.TV) so that you as spyder people could watch and give some feed back. I don't know about you but I've always liked some visual time and this show would contain input from the viewers by chat, Skype, and other means. This a show about all of you aired once a week for 60 min. on a given day and the shows would archived for those who can't what the live stream. I have two Spyders (RS & RT ) that would be used as live demos for spyder tutorials from operation to show a lot of you what's inside and to know what we speak of when trying to explain things. Many of you would be invited to be a guess on the show and to participate in round table discussion. I had planned to attend Spyder events and to stream them live so those unable to attend see them live and could feel connected be able to communicate live with the participants and not have to wait after its all over. I never in my wildest dream wanted to promote anything on Spyderlovers because there is nothing to promote. I have no sponsors or advertisers no do I want any. I pay for all of this myself and I was doing all this for the Spyderlovers. Not just Spyderlovers will be watching this. I will be streaming this show to six (6) CDNs. I been sitting here in my studio reading the post on Spyderlovers and from what I'm reading you Spyderlovers are not ready for this show. I have 4 other show on a weekly basis that take enough time for me to manage and yes maybe I need to concentrate my efforts else where. Ryde those Spyder Safetly
    So what is it Spyders.TV or Spyderlovers.TV? I got no problem with Spyders.TV but I do have a problem with Spyderlovers.TV like you told me on the phone.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by RoadHammer View Post
    Hey Todd&Cat, too bad about the treatment your getting on here, I would have been interested. Some people are just whiners..
    You might be singing a different tune if this was your web site and source of income. It's just not ethical to be promoting another site here even if it's non-profit if he doesn't have the site owners permission.
    MODS: Elka Shocks, ESI RT HMT Brake Light, ESI RT Brightsides, ESI Fender TIPS, ESI RIPS, ESI RT Day Runners, Grip Puppies
    AmerSeal Sealant, KewlMetal Kewlock, Scorpio I900 Security System, Stebel Nautilus air horn, KewlMetal Highway Brackets & ISO Wings
    Corbin seat, trunkrest & driver backrest, Capt.Jim's Belt Tensioner, SpyderPops LaBlock, Cat Shields, Bumpskid & Belt Guard
    Seal PUP Floorboards, BRP chrome, Ron's Anti-Sway Bar, Lamonster LED Head/Fog Lights & BRP Air Scoops
    2011 RTL , White

Todd&Cat

Any one wanted additional info can email (thespydershow@spyders.tv)
    Last edited by Todd&Cat; 09-05-2011 at 09:57 PM.

arntufun

Default You can't use Spyder TV !!!

Before you get sued please read my post.

I love your idea of streaming TV of Spyders, but if you call it Spyder TV you will be sure to get sued then. That full name is already taken by a huge company (datacolor) with lots of money for lawyers. Link below. Maybe if you start a thread for help coming up with a more appropriate name, we would all jump onboard and help you out. I sure would watch it.

http://spyder.datacolor.com/spydertv_usa.shtml

Spyder Garage

Another venue for getting information/publicity out sounds like a good idea ...too bad it doesn't sound like something mutually beneficial for all parties could be worked out. Sounds like it should be a win/win situation for everyone, not something that gets everyone's hackles up. After all, our love for all things related is supposed to be our common factor uniting us, not dividing us into different factions. Maybe you guys can still figure out something for the future. (Perhaps a with and liquid refreshments will do the trick).
    2008 GS Phantom, 2012 RT Limited
    Cheryl Reinhart Ragsdale

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Y Rider View Post
    You might be singing a different tune if this was your web site and source of income. It's just not ethical to be promoting another site here even if it's non-profit if he doesn't have the site owners permission.
    i have no problem with lamont's view, but it's how everyone else jumps in and starts pounding on todd/cat for wanting to promote the spyder in a different way.

Spyder Garage

Before I weigh in, I want to get more input. However, I will say that the name "Spyderlovers" has become synonymous with Lamont. It has been his brain child and deservedly so. Lamont has invested his life to this forum and maintaining the integrity of it. I can fully understand his concern about what may be going on. I would urge that the name SpyderTV be used by this individual with no mention of lovers.

Chris

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

TOTALLY dig the idea . Only thing was using the spyderlovers name with out providing Lamont some kind of compensation . BUT that issue seems to have been resolved according to the posts above. But onto the fun part, where and when can we watch it !!!!

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Geez just call it YFACTOR.tv or spiderluvrs.tv and Give Lamont a spyderlovers.com banner in the webshow somewhere.. It really is this simple you know. From what i understand todd/cat was intent on attending the bbq's and other spyderlovers.com gathering's and streaming it live.. Can't some of you guys figure that out ?? It all comes back to promote Lamont in the end.

Todd&Cat

Quote Originally Posted by arntufun View Post
    Before you get sued please read my post.

I love your idea of streaming TV of Spyders, but if you call it Spyder TV you will be sure to get sued then. That full name is already taken by a huge company (datacolor) with lots of money for lawyers. Link below. Maybe if you start a thread for help coming up with a more appropriate name, we would all jump onboard and help you out. I sure would watch it.

http://spyder.datacolor.com/spydertv_usa.shtml
    This is why I made the comment that Spyderlover members are not ready for this show. If you had read it correctly you would have read show name "The Spyder Show" @ Spyder.TV. I own the domain Spyders.TV
    Last edited by Todd&Cat; 09-05-2011 at 09:34 PM.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

were just coming to the aid of Lamont he seemed that this issue frosted his hind quarters a little bit . I have yet to meet Lamont but from everyone's opinion of him thats really all i need to know .We love the spyder.tv idea and Y factor or spyder.tv would rock it hard to ( sorry to speak for everyone on the we love the spyder.tv idea )

Spyder Garage

This is why I made the comment that Spyderlover members are not ready for this show. If you had read it correctly you would have read show name "The Spyder Show" @ Spyder.TV. I own the domain Spyders.TV
    I doubt that you will improve your ratings by insulting your potential audience. What's with that?
    -Scotty
    2011 Spyder RTS-SM5 (mine)
    2000 BMW R1100RTP, motorized tricycle & 23 vintage bikes
    2011 RT-622 trailer, Aspen Sentry popup camper, custom motorcycle trailer to pull behind the Spyder

Mutant Trikes Forever!

Spyder Garage

Any one wanted additional info can email (thespydershow@spyders.tv)
    I tried to send you an e-mail and Gmail says it was rejected...

Anyway, first I hope you know I was joking on the other thread...Secondly I would like more information about your plans...
    2009 Victory Midnight Cherry Vision
    2011 Can-Am Viper Red Spyder RT-S

Spyder Garage

I would watch it. I try and learn as much as I can, as being a new owner. My view is that, isn't there a way for both sides to be happy. I don't see how they couldn't get together and figure something out, communication and having an open line to that is key? I believe with such a following here that I have noticed in a short time it can only help grow the show in a positive direction for all parties. I wish you the best of luck, and look forward to viewing it.
    2007 M109R LE - To many MODS to list. Its cheaper that way!!!

Spyder Garage

With due respect to Todd&Cat ----- they have a total of 48 posts out here - and I don't see any posts with 'how to' pictures or videos like many of us have done ---- yet you want to do 60 minutes a week about the Spyder?

Maybe it's supposed to be geared toward really new owners and just basic Spyder stuff-- but what's that take-- 60 min?

Just not sure this is being well thought out.

Seems to me that making 'how to' videos instead of a 'show' might be a better way to go--- then you can share them out here as well as on your 'spyder tv' show ---- assuming Lamont wants them here and sees value in them...

Just some food for thought.

Good luck with things.......

Spyder #1 - 2008 GS SM5 Premier Edition #1977. RIP after 80,000 miles.
    Spyder #2 - 2012 RT SM5. Traded in after 24,000 miles.
    Spyder #3 - 2015 F3 SM6. Put 13,000 miles on and sold it.
    Spyder #4 - 2017 F3 SM6. Too good of a deal to pass up!

Spyder Garage

This is getting verrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrry interrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrresting. I'm not ready for my usual full page yet.

The big issue so far--is you should not be using someone elses name to promote your project unless you have legal permission to do so. That implies Lamont's endorsement of your TV show. That is pretty scarry if he is not able to exercise control over things with may not be good.

I do note that he has allowed you to post your comments--even though the two of you are not in agreement. The answers above also seem to be on both sides of the fence.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Todd&Cat,
    Good luck with this project and I hope that you succeed. Lamont's concerns about the name of the show hold some validity... He has worked very hard to build a successful site and community here. If you were to use the name "Spyderlover" and then (Heaven Forbid!!) not put out a product that was up the the standards that he has put forth here, it might damage the reputation of this site . Would he have any recourse or control?? Just my penny's worth...
    I really do hope that you succeed in your endeavor and I'll watch if I can...
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Todd&Cat

Default IT'S IN THE CAN

After our team reviewed all the post about this future show and thinking about all the hours we spent making the 31 HD videos, the two sets for the shows and all the large scale individual schematics of all the electrical systems and the mapping of the Can-bus signals and colored photos which was the culmination of 7 months work we came to the mutual conclusion and decision time to put this project in the can and direct our resources and energies in a new direction. We all agree that we had fun and learned a lot and bear no ill will. From Sam, Charles, Barbara, Catherine and myself we would like to wish you safe riding so get out their and ride those Spyders and be SAFE!

It's in the can Max

Spyder Garage

Why is everyone jumping so ugly on Todd & Cat.

Lamont made a very valid point about the site name and Todd&Cat seem to have accepted the criticism and changed the name of their enterprise.

Now instead of TWO sites happily promoting the Spyder we have acrimony between both parties.

Are any of you guys in Congress??
    If it ain't broke, don't break it.
    IBA #47122
    2020 RT Limited Asphalt Grey