Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

GOS Founding Member (Girls On Spyders)

Spyder Garage

Default Hi from a new Ambassador

Hi all!

My name is Faran Hearyman and I am honored to have been chosen as one of the two new Spyder Ambassadors. Like Mickey, I wanted to drop in and say hello to the Spyderlovers.com community. It is obvious from all the posts I have read that you guys have a fondness for each other and are passionate about your Spyders.

It’s been a whirlwind few days since I got the news about winning and I’m not sure I’ve come down off the ceiling yet. I’ve never won a bingo game much less something of this magnitude! Truth is, I almost didn’t enter. My husband and I have wanted a motorcycle for a while, but it was clearly not going to be in our budget any time soon. For months, I’d been Googling “motorcycle contest” thinking there might be some small chance I could win one. (It seems silly, I know, but when you’re desperate you try anything!)

In mid-March my husband found the BRP website and began showing me the Spyder. We’d never seen it before. Wow, we were hooked! Then April 1 I found the contest. But I figured they were probably looking for the same kind of ambassadors they’d had in the past—seriously experienced riders who can crisscross the country visiting dealerships and attending Spyder events. But even though I’m clearly no Fred Rau or Lamont, I decided “what the heck, I’ll try anyway.”

And much to my surprise and delight, BRP was looking for someone different this year. So as a mom with elementary-age kids, I obviously won’t be seeing some of the same scenery that Mickey will. But I hope to represent on the blog how the Spyder makes it possible to quickly and confidently go from a lifetime in the rear seat to totally on my own. And let me say that I. CANNOT. WAIT.

I’m in a beautiful part of Arkansas with plenty of twists, turns and beautiful roads. Little Rock is an hour away and Memphis not quite two hours, so I plan on some urban riding as well. I’ve got a fabulous group of friends out riding every weekend, with many serving in Christian Motorcyclists Association. So I plan on putting plenty of miles on the Spyder quickly, even if I stay closer to home that previous Ambassadors. I would say YES to every invitation if I could because that’s just in my nature.

As I read the boards over the last several days, I know there are some folks doubting my choice as an Ambassador. If I were in your shoes, I’d probably feel the same way, given the admirable support you provide to your fellow SpyderLovers. Everyone has to start riding some time, so all I can ask for is your patient encouragement, riding tips, and good wishes. As I know more about what BRP hopes to do with my particular role, I’d love to keep you posted.

Looking forward to this adventure with you,
    Faran

p.s. I’ve gotten some friend requests and messages from a few of you on Facebook. Since my personal FB page is covered with photos of my two girls whom I protect like a mama bear, I’ve created a Faran SpyderRyder page. Please find me there or email spyderfaran@gmail.com

Doru the Destroyer-Spyder Photo Investigator docdoru's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

2013 "Silver Dream" GG Taurus
    2008 "Silver Dream" Spyder RS
    Einstein's theory of drag racing: Time and Speed are Relative.
    Shut up and Race!

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Talking

As a new ryder & Ride safe

Spyder Garage

& Drop a line whenever you make your way down to Memphis!!
    May all your encounters with the law begin with the words: "nice trike!".[/B]
    2015 Can-Am Spyder F3-S SM-6 Can-am Red/Black SM-6 with 2010 Black RT-622 trailer (hitch in the works).

Previously owned:
    2010 Can-Am Spyder RT SM-5
    2011 Can-Am Spyder RS-S SM-5
    2013 Can-Am Spyder RT-S SM-5

Spyder Garage

Welcome to our little slice of heaven.

Roger

Spyder Garage

Welcome, Faran, and I have no doubt that you will make a great ambassador. The Spyder was my wife's first street ride, and she absolutely loves it! You will, too. It won't take long for you to discover why we are so passionate about our Spyders. If you think you are excited now, just you wait!

Again, welcome to our community. Thanks for taking the time to join and introduce yourself.
    -Scotty
    2011 Spyder RTS-SM5 (mine)
    2000 BMW R1100RTP, motorized tricycle & 23 vintage bikes
    2011 RT-622 trailer, Aspen Sentry popup camper, custom motorcycle trailer to pull behind the Spyder

Mutant Trikes Forever!

Spyder Garage

Spyder Garage

Faran and I am glad you joined us. Hope to meet you out riding one day soon. Maybe you can be a passenger for one more trip and head out to Spyerfest next week. I look forward to your blogs and video's.
    dltang aka Deb Tangen
    With Christ all things are possible, so live life with no fears and no worries.
    Happy Ex Owner, Hopefully future Spyder owner again.
    Pastor Deb Tangen, Missions Director and short term missionary.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Thumbs up

and Welcome Faran! Hope you're ready for the ryde of your life because life as you knew it will never be the same!
    We're eager to hear of your adventures as a Spyder ryder, so keep us posted!

Teddys favorite human CyncySpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Talking Welcome to the SpyderHood

&

YOU ARE IN FOR THE ADVENTURE OF A LIFETIME!!!
    Have FUN & ENJOY !

Spyder Garage

FaranH and on your new appointment.
    Thanks for taking the time to introduce yourself. We all look forward to your blogs on the Spyder.
    Just wanted to wish you the best.
    Enjoy the ryde.

....and we're gonna ride, we're gonna ride.....

ride like the one-eyed Jack of Diamonds, with
    the devil close behind,.....we're gonna ride....

2008 GS.....PE # 2888

Ride Forrest Ride!
    Spyder Garage

Invalid Emails
    Mississauga Ontario Canada Alamo Texas jan to may
    Spyder Garage

GOS member (Girls On Spyders) 8LEGS's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Faran and

Spyder Garage

Add me to the Congrats List Faran!!

I used to say... 'God created the earth in 6 days so he could ride his motorcycle on the 7th' but now that I have a Spyder.....

God created day & night so we know when to turn on our fancy Spyder lighting
    God created dry land so we'd have a place to ryde our Spyders (not so fun in the ocean)
    God created the animals so we have more fun dodging things in the road
    God created man ....ummmm... so He would have someone to ryde His Spyder with
    God created woman..... ummmmmm... so.... so she could win a Spyder contest and REPRESENT!

Blessings....

Spyder Garage

What's the Christian Motorcycle Association?
    2009 Spyder RS (non operational)
    2022 Spyder RT Limited
    2022 RT Limited , Carbon black

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Dochands View Post

http://www.cmausa.org/default.asp

p.s. Congrats on your being chosen as one of the new people representing Spyder Ryders. I know for a FACT that my wife and I will be following you and your "progress" with great interest. My wife, Kathy, aka MsKitty, just graduated from the back seat to the front seat not too long ago. I can't wait to show her your posting here......she's taking a nap right now following a long, hard day of ryding. She'll LOVE it. Again,!!!
    Last edited by Slybird; 04-20-2011 at 12:00 AM.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Dochands View Post
    REAL active chapter here in Tyler Doc. Like so many bike groups, they do tremendous philanthropic goodwill. Their twist is that they add a spiritual haven that has ZERO tollerance for judging anyone in the group. Many members are former bike gang tough guys. Many have or had hurts habbits and hangups. Common ground that is safe. Ride together / Pray together. Loads of support.

Spyder Garage

Thanks Jim - a.k.a. SpyderRider

"Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny".

~ Thomas Jefferson

Spyder Garage

Welcome FaranH, You obviously have an out going personality and believe me that will be a hugh asset for you. Every where you go people will ask about the Spyder, it will make you feel like a rock star. on you winning entry and enjoy the ryde. Dennis

"Stupid is as Stupid does"
    Don't Drink and Drive or Ryde!
    Each Day is a Gift

Spyder Garage

Welcome to the world of Spyder. A whole new ride (ryde), and, you'll find, a whole new language. You couldn't be connected to a better group of Ryders. Glad to see you connecting with all the right people to get you started. Best of luck on your travels. I cannot think of a better representative of the Spyder than a new rider. And welcome to this forum. You'll connect with some of the best people, and get all the information you'll need (probably more than you can digest) right here. Again, welcome. If you're ever in the Waynesville, Missouri area, give us a buzz (oh, wait...bees buzz. Shoot us a web) we'll meet up somewhere for lunch or dinner. Our treat. Followed by ice cream, of course.

Spyder Garage

Welcome to the world of Spyders, I'm sure you will do a great job. I know you have heard it before but the Rock Star status will amaze you every where you go. These are great machines that are drawing more attention than ever. If there is any way possible try to attend Spyderfest, even if its only for a day trip. We hope and expect this to be the best Spyder event ever. Againand and I look forward to meeting you.
    Happy Owner

Spyder Garage

Farah and it's great that you have joined a group like Spyderlovers.com. There is so much friendship and information here it will help you on your new quest. Get ready for the time of your life because the Spyder is going to change things for you. Keep us posted as the process begins !
    SpydermanCT

2010 RT-S SE5 Timeless Black PE # 794 ~ RT-622 Trailer ~ Can-Am Garmin 665 GPS ~ Elka Front Shocks ~ ESI Brightsides with Rips Kit ~ ESI RT Fender Tips Kit ~ Rear Brightsides ~ HMT Brake Light ~ Tricplate rear running / Brake LED's ~ ESI Mud Flap Lights ~ LED Day Runners ~ Right Side Inlet Covers ~ Street Magic Scuff Guards ~ IPS Key Cover ~ KewlMetal Kewlocks ~ Spyderpops Radiator Block Off Plate and Catalytic Converter Shield Set ~ Carbon Fiber Kit ~ Corbin Seat

Spyder Garage

A warm (kind of chilly spring) welcome from Newfoundland!

Spyder Garage

and to our world. Do us proud and, if you can, make it to Spyderfest next week. You can meet a large chunk of the Spyderlovers world.all at one time.