Page 20 of 25 FirstFirst ... 10161718192021222324 ... LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Default Story??

Aspydering Ryder
    subsisto inrideo amicitia

I may not be perfect but, I am Canadian, and that's close enough!

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by CyncySpyder View Post
    inquiring minds want to know also me the nosey one. "story"???

Teddys favorite human CyncySpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Cool OK! so here's the story

Quote Originally Posted by canam9 View Post
    Dav! Is that an i-pad in the middle of Ted's Red Sled's bars?
    In an effort to "Economize/downsize" do to the fact that, since all my OverTime was cut & I was getting temporarily laid off 1 day a week, I found myself (&Teddy) living beyond our means, so, when that happens, you gotta do what you gotta do to make it. So, many of lifes little luxuries had to go, you know, like cable, news paper delivery, magazine subscriptions, that kinda stuff. There was NO WAY I was even thinking of getting rid of Teds Red Sled tho, that thing isn't a luxury nor a "toy" like the SpYder is for many on here. For me (& Teddy) its my daily driver & Therapist ALL-N-ONE! So I made the aformentioned cuts, but that still wasn't enough for adjustimg to a sub-40 hour pay-check. Ugh, now what goes? That's when I first toyed with the idea of selling my car, since I don't use it & its just sitting & costing me money. As of now, even tho I still haven't driven it in over 9 months, I'm still going to keep it to see how this winter goes with the SpYder & if all goes well, I'll sell it next Spring or Summer. Having the proper gear & the Moto-Mate Camper & I've not found a real need to be a full-time car owner. If the rare instance arises where I would NEED a car, I can always go out & rent one for a day or two.

Anyways, back to our story. Ok, so if that isn't an iPad on the handle bars, what is it? No, NOT AN iPad, but pretty darn close. Its actually the 7" version of the Galaxy Tab (tablet pc). We had originally got the Apple iPad when it first came out, cause Teddy & I do alot of road-trips on his SpYder & I wanted to be able to quickly & easily .................................Sorry, TBC ............ work work work....... (not that I'm bitch'n, mind you-LOL)
    HERE'S THE CONTINUED STORY
    share Teddy's Adventures & pictures with his fans while on the road. I find there really is never enough time while on a trip, cause we're usually swarmed with fans taking pictures and answerring questions to be able to actually just sit in front of a computer and share, so I usually wait til the day is over & try to recoup & share the day with Teddy's fans once to day has ended & its downtime.

So, I had the first gen Ipad, but without FLASH support, I couldn't upload any pics onto the SpYderLovers.com Website & as most ppl agree, pictures make a post allot easier to understand and share. That old saying of, "A picture is worth a thousand words" rings true here. So, having to make more financial cuts, having home internet service at close to $50 a month plus paying another $50 for mobile internet for the iPad, one had to go. So, my thinking was, if I could find a mobile pad that had Flash & could do just about everything a computer could do, I could cut out my home internet service & save another $50 a month.
    Hmmmmmmmm..... so I started searching. I was on Verizons web-site when I saw they were offering CLICK-ON WEB-ONLY Specials. One special was too good to be true. A refurbished 7" Galaxy Tab for only $66.42 REALLY???? Wow, hell, for that price, how could I NOT try it? So, I clicked on the add to purchase, but when it loaded the next page, the price had changed from the aformentioned Advertised $66.42 to now $149.99
    HUH??? Go back, still shows $66.42, BUY, changes to $149.99 again. UGH!!! I did this back & forth at least a dozen times, still always showed the low price til you clicked BUY, then it would change every time to the $149.99 price. I noticed on the page a banner saying if you have any questions, just call this #. Ok, so I called, got a service rep. & explained to her that I was trying to buy the REFURBISHED 7" Galaxy Tab for the advertised $66.42 (to which i heard her laugh in disbelief) & that every time I clicked on the BUY button, it would change the price to $149.99 & I didn't understand what was going on. She explained the cheapest price they offer the 7" Galaxy Tab for was the $149.99 price. When I told her that Verizons OWN Website was ADVERTISING it for the lower $66.42 price, she explained that it must be do to a glitch in their on-line system. She was very nice tho, & appologized for the mistake & frustration. She said if I can take a "Screen Shot" of the web-page showing the lower price & I emailed it to her, she would take it to her SuperVisor & see if he would approve the "Advertised" price. Cool! After some time waiting, she came back & said that the glitch had been confirmed & corrected (thanks to me bringing it to their attention) & that her SuperVisor agreed to allow me to purchase ONLY 1 7" Galaxy Tab for the "Glitch" Advertised price for only $66.42 DEAL! - DONE! - 2 days later, we had it in hand

Told ya there was a story there, didn't I Sorry to take so long to tell it
    Last edited by CyncySpyder; 11-20-2011 at 12:47 PM.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

[QUOTE=CyncySpyder;391816]In an effort to "Economize/downsize" Ok, so if that isn't an iPad on the handle bars, what is it? No, NOT AN iPAD, but pretty darn close. Its actually the 7" version of the Galaxy Tab (tablet pc). We had originally got the Apple iPad when it first came out, cause Teddy & I do alot of road-trips on his SpYder & I wanted to be able to quickly & easily .................................Sorry, TBC ............ work work work....... (not that I'm bitch'n, mind you-LOL)[/QUOT

I feel you on the downsize/economize. A man's got to do what a man's got do.
    Very Cool on the Galaxy Tab. Now I want one, like the other cool mods on your set-up.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default I want to add my iPad ...

... can you share details on how you mounted the Galaxy? Looks like a perfect place.

thehawk
    In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice ... in practice, however, that's just a theory.

Spyder Garage

Exclamation Sorry, I have little advise to give you about the iPad

Quote Originally Posted by thehawk View Post
    ... can you share details on how you mounted the Galaxy? Looks like a perfect place. thehawk
    Verizon Wireless offers a universal gizmo mount that I have used now on two different Spyders & I love it. Its actually made for cell phones & the Maximum distance it can open is barely large enough to squeeze the smaller 7"Galaxy Tab into it. An Ipad would never fit into the Gizmo Mount we use, not to mention the additional size of the iPad would cause issues (I think) with the handlebars hitting it when in tight turns. I know a couple of other Spyder Ryders have iPads/Zooms mounted to their Spyders, but I believe they are using actual Ram-Type mounts designed to hold them safely. This Universal Gizmo-Mount I'm using is just a cheap (-$25) plastic mount for cell phones, but I can use it for the 7"Galaxy Tab as well. I tried different ways in the past to mount our first gen. iPad, but nothing I currently have in my garage would do the trick, as the iPad is just too big & too heavy to mount without getting a specific mount designed for it. Not to mention, the cost factor. The Ram-Mounts are kinda $$ but nothing compared to if your iPad slipped off your Spyder while going down the highway at 70mph trying to use a sub-par mount for it. Just my opinion, thats all. It can be done, just not the way I do it

Good Luck with get'n it done & let us know how it works out for you

Spyder Garage

Question Things to think about

Quote Originally Posted by canam9 View Post
    Very Cool on the Galaxy Tab. Now I want one, like the other cool mods on your set-up.
    I like the Galaxy Tab 7" pretty well, but like anything, it has its flaws. I like that its smaller than most all other tablet pc's out there & for that reason, it makes it a good candidate to be able to mount on the Spyder. The Kindle Fire just came out, & is similar in size, but it can't compare to the Tab without having any cameras, WiFi-Only and NO removable SD card. I use the Tab mostly for chronicalling Teddys Spyder'n Adventures here on SpyderLovers.com while we're out on a road-trip or keeping up on "Whats New" here on SpYderLovers.com while I'm at work & don't have internet access, but their are many small issues with the site that the Tab seems to have compatability issues with. It could be me just not being knowledgable enough with the product & just figuring it out in time, which I am every day.

I know it probably looks kinda cool mounted on the SpYders handlebars, but really, what would you use it for? Since we already have a GPS that has Nav-Traffic & Nav-Weather on it, the only thing I really use the Tab for while mounted on the SpYder & ryding is to check email or notifications while waiting at a stop light or waiting in a drive-thru. I was able to make a quick reply once to an email while we were waiting on a train to pass tho I guess if you didn't have traffic & weather or a GPS, you could use the Galaxy Tab, but you'd have to have a paid line for it, & that would eat up alot of your gig. allotmont while going down the road. Just things to think about, thats all

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Thanks so much ...

Verizon Wireless offers a universal gizmo mount that I have used now on two different Spyders & I love it. Its actually made for cell phones & the Maximum distance it can open is barely large enough to squeeze the smaller 7"Galaxy Tab into it. An Ipad would never fit into the Gizmo Mount we use, not to mention the additional size of the iPad would cause issues (I think) with the handlebars hitting it when in tight turns. I know a couple of other Spyder Ryders have iPads/Zooms mounted to their Spyders, but I believe they are using actual Ram-Type mounts designed to hold them safely. This Universal Gizmo-Mount I'm using is just a cheap (-$25) plastic mount for cell phones, but I can use it for the 7"Galaxy Tab as well. I tried different ways in the past to mount our first gen. iPad, but nothing I currently have in my garage would do the trick, as the iPad is just too big & too heavy to mount without getting a specific mount designed for it. Not to mention, the cost factor. The Ram-Mounts are kinda $$ but nothing compared to if your iPad slipped off your Spyder while going down the highway at 70mph trying to use a sub-par mount for it. Just my opinion, thats all. It can be done, just not the way I do it

Good Luck with get'n it done & let us know how it works out for you
    I will take your advice ... would hate to lose the iPad)!

thehawk
    In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice ... in practice, however, that's just a theory.

Spyder Garage

Talking HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO ALL

Hope EVERYONE has a very HAPPY THANKSGIVING

Teddy & I are enjoying ours with family out in Alexandria. Think the Tedster is in a triptifan coma right now, or the kids have just worn him out

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Hope EVERYONE has a very HAPPY THANKSGIVING

Teddy & I are enjoying ours with family out in Alexandria. Think the Tedster is in a triptifan coma right now, or the kids have just worn him out
    You too Dave and Ted and all SpyderLovers everywhere!

Spyder Garage

Talking Thanksgiving day coma for the Tedster

Spyder Garage

Default 36 degrees made for an Interesting ryde home last night

After 6 hours with the family we headed to our best friends house to spend some quiet time visiting with him as well. We stayed later than I thought & around 9:30pm I started gearing up Teddy & myself for the cold ryde home. Yesterday, here in the Cincy area, we dealt with a different weather pattern than usual for us, called an INVERSION (I think) where the entire first half of the day was low cloud covered but with no rain anywhere around. Well, upon trying to get ready to leave, I noticed my wind-shield was fog covered inside & out. Using micro-fiber cleaning towels, I tried wiping the front & back sides of the shield, but as soon as I wiped, the wet fog would return. I used 3 different towels & wiped it at least 5 times, but it didn't matter, the fog kept returning, & it was solidly covered. We have the larger 2010 shield on Teds Red Sled cause I really like the additional wind protection that it provides, especially in the rain & freezing weather. Luckily, with it positioned all the way down, I could still see about an inch or two over the top. If not, Im not sure what I would have done to make it home. On the ryde home, I kept reaching over the front & using my glove, wiping the front top part that I could reach, but to little effect. The wet fog would wipe off only to readily reapear. This was the scene for the entire 25mile trip in 34-36 degree temps home, which we made with no problems. This was just a really unusual occurance that I thought I'd share with y'all. Hope everyone had a GREAT Thanksgiving & got to spend time with your Loved Ones

Spyder Garage

I can relate to Teddy................too much turkey AND kids! It wears you out! Hope he recovers soon!

Spyder: 2011 RT Limited w/ RT-622 trailer
    Mods: ESI Brightsides, RT Rear Brightsides, HMT Brake Light, Scuff Guards, Utopia Backrest, Chrome, and more Chrome, Pearl White Rear View Mirrors, Rear Fender, and Dashboard, Black Rear Wheel and Belt Assy, SpyderPops Heat Shields & Bump Skid, Elka Stage 1+ Shocks, 2012 SF Graphics, Silver Carbonfiber Dash, Corbin Arm Rests, Baker A.W., BRP Vented WindShield. BR's Sway Bar, Tricled White Halo Lights, BadBoy Air Horn, Spyder Legs Floor Boards

Spyder Garage

Post I never expected this with SpYder Ownership

No one warned me about the Emotional cost of owning a SpYder or being a member of this forum. I find myself today with a heavy heart & a preoccupied mind trying to understand the same questions that the greatest minds throughout time have long pondered.... life death love loss and the meaning of it all.

Being the recipient of the love & generosity of the SpyderLovers.com community ourselves earlier this year when Teddy needed surgery & many SpyderLovers forum members came to our rescue, I found myself reading Randy's (arntufun) post
    http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...What-Can-We-Do
    last night about another forum members Nephew that lost his life in a tragic house fire making sure his children were safe. His children are all safe, but now, must grow up without the support of their heroic father. It pained my heart as much as I'm sure it pained Randys & he made a thread saying he wanted to help in some way, & then the magic & generosity of the forum took over. Randy started by making a small donation to help support this shattered family and one by one, Teddy & myself included, total strangers to this family started adding in their donations as well. To me, this is magic. The amount is inconsequential compared to the outpouring of caring & support that this family will be blessed with. Very heart-warming indeed.

Also weighing heavy on my heart today is that one of Teddys fans that we got to meet in person at SpyderFest this year, shared with us that she has also experienced a major loss in her life. After 14 wonderful years of companionship, she had to make the heart wrenching decision to have her best friend put down. While this was not a sudden decision that had to be made, the loss hurts no less for her. I wish we lived closer so I could give her a hug as I know she could really use it right about now. Not to mention all the lick'ns Teddy would shower her with. She even pre-cluded her loss in a post that she made a while back here on Teddys Adventures thread. I guess, knowing the end is near for a loved one, can be beneficial in a way, in allowing us to take full advantage of the time we have left with them. But still, when it happens, no matter how well prepaired, it hurts us.

I know I have a special relationship that I share with Teddy, & that one day (sooner than I care to admit) I too will be experiencing her pain. I have to admit tho, that it does help to know that their are people out there (ALL OF YOU) all over this country, the world even thanks to SpyderLovers.com, that will be there for me when that day comes. It doesn't stop the pain, but it does help.

I need to better my mood & quit thinking for a little while. The sun is out, Time to Ryde
    Last edited by CyncySpyder; 11-25-2011 at 01:42 PM.

Spyder Garage

Default Back from a Great Ryde around town

Got up to 63 degrees & Sunny Teddy had fun pose'n for pics and let'n many lil kids pet him & get some lick'ns

Spyder Garage

Exclamation We already have broken the all time record for rainfall & we're still get'n more

Don't know about y'all, & I know it could be worse, but I'm about tired of all this dang rain. Guess we are lucky, as we've been having unseasonably warm weather for this time of year, so at least it isn't ice & snow.

The ryde in this morning was a bit challenging, cause the entire 19 mile trip to work was in a heavy down pour & even tho I stay nice & dry wearing my full face helmet & FirstGear Thermo ryding suit, when it comes to getting passed by (or passing) tractor trailers, its almost like a black-out for a few seconds & thats never fun when your right next to an 18 wheeler doing 50+ on a busy highway. But like always, once the 18 wheelers are passed, its back to having fun, sun be damned

Spyder Garage

Angry Uh Oh. .......... Hidden dangers of ryding in the rain. Broken Wing.

Maybe you saw the story about a local lady rushing her little girl to the hospital because she had swollowed a locket & it was lodged in her throat & the many attempts at the heimlich manuever were unsuccessful. I believe it actually made national news, as I remember seeing the story on Extra or one of those shows. That in itself isn't really news worthy, but what is, is how the little girl was saved. In route to the hospital, with the child red-faced & gasping for breath, her mother accidently ran over one of Cincinnati's infamous pot-holes & she hit it so hard, that it litterally dislodged the stuck locket from the little girls throat, saving her life.

TBC... work work work
    Last edited by CyncySpyder; 11-29-2011 at 06:57 PM.

Spyder Garage

Exclamation CONTINUATION - Teddys SpYder has a broken wing

On the ryde home from work yesterday, it was raining really hard & just my luck, their was an accident on the highway & it was backed up like crazy. I decided to take the backroads home & proceeded to switch from the Interstate to sideroads, when I happened upon one of the city's aforementioned infamous pot-holes. Sad thing with rain, it makes it so you can't tell the severity (depth or size) of a pot-hole, as they all look like harmless puddles from the ryders seat. Sure enough, I hit this one at a speed of only 15-20 MPH with the left tire. The entire SpYder lunged down unevenly into the hole, with the bottom hitting the undercarriage skid plate & in doing so, somehow, cleanly breaking off the entire left wing. After I came to a stop, I was able to make out the broken part in my mirror laying to the side of the road. I didn't understand what I was seeing until I looked down at where I would usually put my foot up on the highway (Wing Cover) peg & there was nothing there. OH ST!!! I put the emergency flashers on, reversed back to the part, quickly hopped off & grabbed the wing & put it in the trunk. Did a quick look (as well as I could in a heavy downpour) and all else seemed to be ok, so I proceeded home without further incident or complications.

This picture shows the right side wing properly mounted on Teddys RT-S
    IMG_20111129_175634.jpg
    The rest show whats left of the left side wing
    IMG_20111129_175703.jpg
    IMG_20111129_175709.jpg
    IMG_20111129_180022.jpg
    IMG_20111129_180034.jpg
    Last edited by CyncySpyder; 11-29-2011 at 07:50 PM.

Spyder Garage

I hate when that happens.............hope it doesn't cost much to get fixed.

Spyder: 2011 RT Limited w/ RT-622 trailer
    Mods: ESI Brightsides, RT Rear Brightsides, HMT Brake Light, Scuff Guards, Utopia Backrest, Chrome, and more Chrome, Pearl White Rear View Mirrors, Rear Fender, and Dashboard, Black Rear Wheel and Belt Assy, SpyderPops Heat Shields & Bump Skid, Elka Stage 1+ Shocks, 2012 SF Graphics, Silver Carbonfiber Dash, Corbin Arm Rests, Baker A.W., BRP Vented WindShield. BR's Sway Bar, Tricled White Halo Lights, BadBoy Air Horn, Spyder Legs Floor Boards

Spyder Garage

Default Had a dry ryde in to work this morning. 1st dry ryde in a while

IMG_20111128_172008.jpgIts starting to feel a little more Winter-like & much of the area got the seasons first look at snow flakes last night, nothing major, just some flurries sticking to the grass for a few & melting away.

Spyder Garage

Default Wasn't sure if I should post this or not, but it IS part of Teddy's SpYder'n Adventur

IMG_20111122_173355.jpgIMG_20111126_125540.jpgIMG_20111126_125235.jpg
    The last dry day we had, Teddy & I stopped by to visit with my oldest sister who gave her life so that one day in the future, I might be born. Louise was my moms 1st child, & upon delivery, my father had to make the heartwreching decision of either saving the baby or saving the mother, due to complications. My father chose to save his wife & my oldest sister had to give hers before it even started.

Spyder Garage

Wow, what a story! I'm sorry you've never gotten to know your sister. I do know she's been well taken care of by her Father in Heaven, so she's very happy!
    Mark & Mary Lou Lawson
    Snellville, GA USA
    '10 RT-S PE #0031
    '10 RT-622 Trailer
    '08 Yellow SM5 #2332
    '01 Black GL1800A Goldwing #0930

"Remember in the darkness what you have learned in the light." - Joe Bayly

Spyder Garage

Thanks for sharing something so personal and dear. It makes me thankful that I never had to make those kind of decisions as a parent. Although your sister is blessed in heaven we are very blessed your mother was able to go on and have you. What a joy you and Teddy and your adventures bring to others.
    SPYDEB

Spyder Garage

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by GloryRyders View Post
    I hate when that happens.............hope it doesn't cost much to get fixed.
    Yeah, me too. My buddy tried to Epoxy it last night, but it just won't hold where the break is. Guess I'll be giving Middletown Cycle (Great Local Dealer)a call & see how much the replacement cost is gonna be.

Spyder Garage

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by MarkLawson View Post
    Wow, what a story! I'm sorry you've never gotten to know your sister. I do know she's been well taken care of by her Father in Heaven, so she's very happy!
    I wish my faith were as strong as yours.