• There were many reasons for the change of the site software, the biggest was security. The age of the old software also meant no server updates for certain programs. There are many benefits to the new software, one of the biggest is the mobile functionality. Ill fix up some stuff in the coming days, we'll also try to get some of the old addons back or the data imported back into the site like the garage. To create a thread or to reply with a post is basically the same as it was in the prior software. The default style of the site is light colored, but i temporarily added a darker colored style, to change you can find a link at the bottom of the site.

Going Down Memory Lane; Show Us Your First Motorbikes & Your Current Spyder

Elqueso2

Member
All,
I thought it would be fun to show each other our first motorcycles and a current picture of your Spyders (including you & your other half on the bike if possible). This also allows us to put a face with your user’s name and see some cool machines. I hope you all participate! No need to reply back on this thread, just post :)


Please Note: When Posting your Pictures, please use 'Attach files' to attach them to your post and then Insert the pictures as 'Thumbnails' - https://www.spyderlovers.com/thread...ert-all-pictures-images-as-thumbnails.162415/

First Dirt bike.jpg - 37HARLEY.jpg

2026-08-12_14-08-24.jpg - Linda and I Ultra.jpg
 
Had a used HD 125 in the late 1950's as my first motorcycle. The Arizona 2018 is my second RT and I have the third 2018 in Washington. The first 2018 RTL "Champaign" was sold in Sept 2025.

Port Angeles, Wa as an early teenager - 485977358_1064546875713039_6604294100185976178_n.jpg

Arizona - IMG_7685 resized.jpg

Washington - Me and the Spyder on Chuckanut Drive.jpg

First road bike in the early 1980's was a Kawasaki KZ 650 SR. Lots of Honda 4 stroke dirt bikes before that.

Kawasaki KZ650 Color20160725_17054193.jpg

I actually converted a 175 Honda twin to a trike in the 1970's, with a kit that was produced in the Seattle area. Had an ATC 90 back then also. So two trikes and three reverse trikes.
 
Last edited:
Unfortunately, not many pics available of previous bikes. However, here's my 2013 STL & 2006 Yamaha Roadstar.

IMG_4468.jpeg

2003 Anniversary Ed V-Rod (traded for the Roadstar)

IMG_6511.jpeg

Before that, a Honda Twin Star, unknown year, & that’s the street legal list.
 
Cool thread idea! :cool:

1972 Yamaha JT2 (First bike) CCI02112025_0048.jpg - 1984 Honda VF-1100S 669842827_26050322631316499_4445055769488193603_n.jpg

1984 Yamaha RZ-350
2014-06-14 14.40.23.jpg - 2014-06-14 14.41.07.jpg - 2014-06-14 14.41.18.jpg

2015 F3S 2024-11-25 00.20.35.jpg

Several others in between, but the F3s and the RZ-350 are the only ones I still own.
 
I am not sure where my 'old photos' are and what condition they are.

I have the wife looking for them. Maybe she will find the photos when she gets the Christmas items down from the storage room.

Time is on our side.

So everyone Please post up. (y)
 
I can't find a Pic of my first bikes. I started on a Dirt bike when I was 13. My First street bike was a Honda 400/4 (attached pic I found on the web). Then I owned a 1980 KZ 1000. I let a good friend take it for a short ride one night, he got into a wobble and totaled the bike. Didn't do him much good either, he was in the hospital for quite a while. I replaced it with a 1976 KZ 900 that I put a big bore kit on and made it an 1100. I rode that for many years till it died (I still have it, one day I want to tear it apart and restore it). I then got a VMax, a very fun bike to ride, just no range with a 3 gallon tank. When I retired, I got an FJR, another fun bike. I have devoloped arthritis in my hip, making it hard to ride the FJR for more than a couple of hours at a time. So I got a Spyder RTL.

CB400-X4.jpg - Maxx04 crop.JPG - Spyder - FJR.jpg
 
Back
Top