• There were many reasons for the change of the site software, the biggest was security. The age of the old software also meant no server updates for certain programs. There are many benefits to the new software, one of the biggest is the mobile functionality. Ill fix up some stuff in the coming days, we'll also try to get some of the old addons back or the data imported back into the site like the garage. To create a thread or to reply with a post is basically the same as it was in the prior software. The default style of the site is light colored, but i temporarily added a darker colored style, to change you can find a link at the bottom of the site.

Are there really any mechanical upgrades made to 2026 RT's to account for the quieter, smoother, livelier hype?

Sundown

Member
I was just watching a Shawn Smoaks video from 10 months ago about a new (at the time) 2026 RT Limited.


Apologies in advance to any fans of his, I am not a big fan of his videos, too much yakking about stuff, and never a how-to video on repairs, so if you can make it past all the talk about trees and leaves, fried chicken, and dog food, you will hear him commenting about how much quieter, smoother shifting, and livelier the 2026's are. Can anyone confirm if BRP made any mechanical upgrades for 2026 to account for this? Nothing against the man himself, but I have to wonder if there actually were any legitimate improvements made? Or if he was bought and sold by Can Am to help push the sales of the 26's in the absence of any real upgrades. Thank you.
 
See "... or if he was bought and sold by Can Am to help push the sales of the 26s in the absence of any real upgrades." He knows the Spyder really well, however, I think he drinks the BRP Kool-Aid.
 
I went from a 2021 RT LTD to a 2026 Sea to Sky.

The S2S bedded in quicker than the LTD, but after that the performance seems to be identical as most as I can tell. The seat is miles better and it seems smoother and less floaty, as I think the XPS branded Kendas have a better tire sidewall that matches the front suspension's spring rate and damping. The '21 LTD seemed to be a bit bouncy over minor imperfections as the sidewalls flexed more easily. It seemed like it had a two stage suspension on the front. Of course, with the same tires, I think both machines would be identical.

I suspect the difference from unit to unit are more than the difference between generations; well, at least that's how it seemed to be to me. Perhaps BRP Rotax improved its manufacturing tolerances with new tooling and both my units happen to have had similar tolerances. I'd be a bit skeptical as to there being huge differences though, from my personal experience.
 
Kind of what I suspected. The tires may account for any handling differences. I'd be curious if there are any part number differences in the exhaust or the transmission between '20-'25 and the 2026s to account for his other observations.
 
Kind of what I suspected. The tires may account for any handling differences. I'd be curious if there are any part number differences in the exhaust or the transmission between '20-'25 and the 2026s to account for his other observations.

My '21 and now '26 sound exactly the same to my ears, but I'm more than a bit deaf. There are numerous changes to the body parts and the display/wiring, but essentially everything significant is the same.
 
Back
Top