Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Question Is this a fair offer for a F3-SE6?

I am a total newbie to motorcycles and the purchase of one, so please excuse errors or dumb questions.

So the current MSRP is 22,500. From what I hear, the markup on these models is anywhere between 18%-22%.

Would an offer of $20,000 or $20,500 out the door be a crazy offer, or is it fair?

Experienced owners, please share any tips and tricks on purchasing a Spyder.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Very Active Member blacklightning's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by triceptive View Post
    I am a total newbie to motorcycles and the purchase of one, so please excuse errors or dumb questions.

So the current MSRP is 22,500. From what I hear, the markup on these models is anywhere between 18%-22%.

Would an offer of $20,000 or $20,500 out the door be a crazy offer, or is it fair?

I think a fair offer is whatever you feel comfortable with. The worst that they can say is no. As for me personally, I definitely think the offer is fair. I purchased my 2014 in september and paid $5,500 below msrp, with no other charges besides what I had to pay to have it shipped to me. Even though there are a lot of F3's here, I have found that most of the dealers in my area are selling very few. That will play into your sales price. Good luck.
    2021 RTL , brake pedal from "Web Boards" chalk white

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Try and make the deal that you want; the worst that they can do, is throw you out a door!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

It really can be a supply and demand thing right now. A lot of folks waited a long time (almost 4 months for me) to get their F3. That seems to have settled down. That said, my dealer does not have any F3 models just sitting on the floor like they have RTs and RSs and STs.

As others have said. The only good deal is one you are happy with.

Here is me in the beginning of January, wanting an F3, and I have $8000.00 left on my RSS note and about $3000.00 left on my Harley note. I put a deposit on the F3. I make one more Harley payment and have saved up enough to pay it off in February. End of April rolls around and I only owe $6900.00 on the RSS but they still give me the $8000.00 quoted to pay it off in the trade. That was $1100.00 off my new F3. The monthly payment is higher for the new F3 but is still lower then the combined total payments of both bikes. I still have my two favorite toys (one upgraded) and I get to bank $50.00 a month. For me that was win/win.

Everyone's situation is different and every deal is different. As long as you ride away happy you are good. Like Bob said, the worst they can do is say no.

Spyder Garage

The advice about asking low is right on. The worst they usually do is say no.

Do not show them how bad you want it. Be prepared to walk to the "other" dealer that will give you the price you are asking for. I have been stopped as I started to open the door--and got my deal on the car I wanted.

A little bit of poker bluff works some times.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by akspyderman View Post
    The advice about asking low is right on. The worst they usually do is say no.

Do not show them how bad you want it. Be prepared to walk to the "other" dealer that will give you the price you are asking for. I have been stopped as I started to open the door--and got my deal on the car I wanted.

A little bit of poker bluff works some times.
    Very true. I talked to a friend over the weekend that ended up getting 2015 Ultra Glide in the color he really wanted for the price of a 2014 leftover when he started walking away.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I heard that in some areas of the country the F3's are selling like hot cakes and other areas they are not moving. Are you looking at the F3 SE5 or F3 SM. F3 or F3-s. The best my friend could do was 20,499 + tax for a F3-S SE5 no dealer or handling fees. I am sure some have done better and some worse.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I picked up my new F3S SE6 with 3 year BEST warranty, blue ridge windshield, saddle bags and urban rack installed for just under MSRP. You do the math. The dealer paid off my 2012 RTS and added a good and fair amount for trade on top of that. And my payments are about $50.00 less than that of the RTS.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

on your deal!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

I can tell you I paid less than that with the windshield, back rest and a few other items included. Many dealers now have stock on these. If your dealer does not want to deal, there are a number of large dealers around the country that WILL. PitBull was great to deal with.

Blue Flame Spyder F3-S
    2015 F3S , Blue Flame

Spyder Garage

I would always check out Louis Powersports. Maybe they aren't close to you but you can always check out shipping. I had my RTS delivered to KY from TX for $640.00 still got it for thousands off.

Spyder Garage

A good saying to live by, "You can't get it, if you don't ask for it !!"

Remember, when buying a vehicle, its all about you !!
    You may not always get the best deal you want but you have to at least ask for it.
    And don't be afraid to walk if they are not willing to work with you.
    There are plenty of other dealerships out there that will.

Good Luck brother !!!

Tommy J.
    F3L SE5 Black -- F4 windshield w/wings, Reggie LED headlights, driving lights & Cyclops LED, Ultimate seat, Fox shocks, BajaRon swaybar, Lamont highway centerline pegs & 3rd peg, Lamont belt tensioner, K&N air filter, Baker air wings & cup holder, CanAm hitch.
    2019 F3L , Black

SpyderLovers Sponsor Motorcycledave's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

In most cases... if you BUY or SHIP a motorcycle out of state "California" you will NOT be able to register
    it in the state because it will not pass smog and CARB laws here.. it happens often here.. then you are stuck
    with a rig you can not use or ride in the state, all the other states feel they have it bad but in California, it is a
    nightmare on stuff like that... before you buy check with the dealer and have him show you the California legal tag
    next to the Mfg. label and Vin. if it don't say California Approved walk away at any price....
    Dave

Quote Originally Posted by Brogers57 View Post
    I would always check out Louis Powersports. Maybe they aren't close to you but you can always check out shipping. I had my RTS delivered to KY from TX for $640.00 still got it for thousands off.

Spyder Garage

Default $20,900 F3-S SE6 + $125 dock fee in south central Oklahoma

He has 4 and they are not moving. The Black on black one is $1000 higher.

I would call around.
    Last edited by sduskin; 06-10-2015 at 11:05 AM. Reason: title changed
    2020 RT Limited , Petrol Metallic Dark

Spyder Garage

Post Let's make a deal

I went to 4 different Can Am dealers before I found one willing to make the deal. I agree with everyone that if you leave the dealership happy then you made a good deal. Good luck.

Blade

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Thanks for all the guidance, I greatly appreciate it. There are over 10 Can Am dealers within 100 miles from where I live in So Cal, so I am sure I can get a deal I want from one of them.

Spyder Garage

Thanks for all the guidance, I greatly appreciate it. There are over 10 Can Am dealers within 100 miles from where I live in So Cal, so I am sure I can get a deal I want from one of them.

Try Bert's Mega Mall, they were very competitive on my extended warranty and are a sponsor here.

Blue Flame Spyder F3-S
    2015 F3S , Blue Flame

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default THIS IS INTERESTING !!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Motorcycledave View Post
    In most cases... if you BUY or SHIP a motorcycle out of state "California" you will NOT be able to register
    it in the state because it will not pass smog and CARB laws here.. it happens often here.. then you are stuck
    with a rig you can not use or ride in the state, all the other states feel they have it bad but in California, it is a
    nightmare on stuff like that... before you buy check with the dealer and have him show you the California legal tag
    next to the Mfg. label and Vin. if it don't say California Approved walk away at any price....
    Dave
    ....I have heard this before .....So if I move to Calif. with My Spyder which I didn't purchase in Calif. THEY ARN'T GOING TO REGISTER IT !!!!!!........The best of my knowledge the Spyder's are 50 State legal.................Mike