Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Glad That's Over

I just finished installing JT's air filter on my RT-S. Of course, the installation itself was child's play. It was getting all the plastic that made up the stock air intake system out that was the majority of the work. Frankly, I'm a little disappointed with the BRP engineers. It IS possible to get the air intake system off without cutting and without removing the console module. But just barely. With a little more work, BRP could have made it much, much harder.

As it is, you have to take all of the tupperware forward of the rear seat bracket off; remove the frunk; and remove the left side lateral support and almost remove the right side lateral support. The air intake system itself is amazingly huge and complex for an engine of this size, taking up virtually all of the space behind the frunk and below the console module not otherwise occupied by the engine and exhaust. It truly seems like overkill, with no apparent justification.

Untitled 2.jpg

The good news is once the stock air intake assembly is off, working on the engine is very easy. Spark plug and wire replacement is simple and wrapping the exhaust pipes is much simpler.

I'm happy to have JT's air cleaner installed. It should result in a cooler engine bay and reduce heat transfer to the gas tank and seating area. For the time being, I'm going to leave the catalytic converter on the .

Spyder Garage

Im really considering this. How long did it take you? How difficult was it to remove the frunk?
    2007 M109R LE - To many MODS to list. Its cheaper that way!!!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Congratulations..!!

no easy task. The RS is a breeze but thats not what you want to hear.. hope it gives you that extra ummph..!! It did for ours...
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by M109Dreamer View Post
    Im really considering this. How long did it take you? How difficult was it to remove the frunk?
    Removing the tupperware and the frunk was not that difficult. Getting the damn airbox and resonator out was a witch. Getting the frunk back on by myself was a real challenge. Total time by myself over 3-4 days was about 10 hours.

When I bought my air cleaner from JT last fall, there really wasn't a good cat bypass available. Kewl Metal had one, but it was expensive and of low quality. If I had it to do all over today, my first step would be Lamont's cat bypass first and evaluate the result. Then if I felt I needed more, I'd add JT's air cleaner.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by OldCowboy View Post
    Removing the tupperware and the frunk was not that difficult. Getting the damn airbox and resonator out was a witch. Getting the frunk back on by myself was a real challenge. Total time by myself over 3-4 days was about 10 hours.

When I bought my air cleaner from JT last fall, there really wasn't a good cat bypass available. Kewl Metal had one, but it was expensive and of low quality. If I had it to do all over today, my first step would be Lamont's cat bypass first and evaluate the result. Then if I felt I needed more, I'd add JT's air cleaner.
    Thanks for the info. I have the wrap to wrap the headers and was going to get the cat pass and dit them all at once. I know I will get the air kit between now and when its time to replace the filter.

And if I was going to remove the frunk I figured I should add a fuse block up front and Stabel at the same time.
    2007 M109R LE - To many MODS to list. Its cheaper that way!!!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

you're gonna love the results of doing this. it's been several months since we did it and I really liked the mod.