Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Default Newbie forum member from South Central Texas - "Howdy!"

Howdy!

Sorry to say I just found yall!!! Or I should say my husband just found yall. He just switched over to a Honda F6B and joined their forum and found out about SpyderLover, so here I am!

I bought my 2011 RS new and have just over 10,000 miles of pure joy on it. The main joy is after 15 years of staring at the back of his my husbands helmet, I have a clear view and I'm in control! I'm never going back!!!

I would like to say as just about every other new member has stated that the information here is truly a God send! I have no modifications on it except fat hand grips that my husband put on. He isn't much of a wrench turner and of course neither am I. I'm a bit overwhelmed w/ all the options/modifications that I can do to my RS. After working my butt following my husband thru the twisties of the Texas Hill Country I think I need to look at the sway bar (BajaRon) and laser alignment part 1st, no? I obviously work much harder in the corners than he does on his 2 wheeler and from what I'm reading those 2 modifications/adjustments will make my riding much easier thus more enjoyable.

Thanks again for all the contributions made to this forum. It's a treasure trove!

Spyder Garage

You have found the site for all things
    Glad to have you on board.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Default Welcome

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. SmallPasture View Post
    Howdy!

Sorry to say I just found yall!!! Or I should say my husband just found yall. He just switched over to a Honda F6B and joined their forum and found out about SpyderLover, so here I am!

I bought my 2011 RS new and have just over 10,000 miles of pure joy on it. The main joy is after 15 years of staring at the back of his my husbands helmet, I have a clear view and I'm in control! I'm never going back!!!

I would like to say as just about every other new member has stated that the information here is truly a God send! I have no modifications on it except fat hand grips that my husband put on. He isn't much of a wrench turner and of course neither am I. I'm a bit overwhelmed w/ all the options/modifications that I can do to my RS. After working my butt following my husband thru the twisties of the Texas Hill Country I think I need to look at the sway bar (BajaRon) and laser alignment part 1st, no? I obviously work much harder in the corners than he does on his 2 wheeler and from what I'm reading those 2 modifications/adjustments will make my riding much easier thus more enjoyable.

Thanks again for all the contributions made to this forum. It's a treasure trove!
    Welcome to the group. You will find lots of help here to help you enjoy your
    2012 RT-SE5 , MAD wires an NGK plugs bLUE

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Welcome and congrats.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Welcome..!! Welcome..!!

to the roadster world, which you have mastered, and this amazing site. You will find all you can think of spyder here and glad you are joining us...
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I'm glad you finally found us. You're right that this site is a treasure trove of info about all things Spyder. It's also just fun - at least after you get to know us better. I'd say the Baja Ron bar and laser alignment are good places to start on farkles.

Do you know about SpyderFest? It's an annual rally in Springfield, MO. It's usually late in April or early May. If you haven't already been there, that's the place to spend some money on your machine.

Spyder Garage

Default shocks and tire pressure

welcome mrs. small. you might want to up your front tire pressure to 18 or 19 lbs. try setting your shocks to five. these will make a big improvement in handling. laser alignment is worth the money as is a ronbar.
    it was fun while it lasted.

Spyder Garage

Love your handle. Care to explain??

Jack
    All my life I wanted to be somebody, now I realize I should have been more specific.
    2019 Specialized E-Bike COMO 2.0
    2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland
    2018 Tiffin Phaeton 37BH Motorhome
    2015 BMW R1200R LC
    2014 RTL SE6 Pearl White
    2012 RT-622 trailer viper red
    2014 Look 7x12 motorcycle trailer silver and black
    2011 Polaris Ranger green
    2013 GMC Yukon Denali XL silver oak
    2016 Can Am Maverick

...in the pink (Girls On Spyders)
    Spyder Garage

welcome...I am from just south of Houston....enjoy....check out the Texas board

Spyder Garage

to the best site for anything Spyder related and sometimes more!!!!!!

Spyder Garage

Welcome to the forum. Ya'll should plan on joining us for the Hill Country Spyder ryde in October. We would love to see you there.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Welcome,I also have a 2011 RS,though not stock anymore as you can see by my Signature below this text there is many things you can do to make your RS fit you better and handle better.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Just wanna say and ride safe.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default Newbie

[ Welcome and enjoy

Spyder Garage

Default Check Out GOS

Welcome, you may want to check out "Girls on Spyders" on Facebook.

Howdy!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by jaherbst View Post

Love your handle. Care to explain??

Jack
    Thanks Jack! It's a play off my husbands last name. It's one of several nicknames he called growing up based on it. One of my other favorites is HalfAcre!! He fits the smaller stature descriptions well and w/ humor! He doesn't have a short man's complex except maybe when he's on his new bike (Honda F6B). That has gone to his head a bit!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by flamingobabe View Post
    welcome...I am from just south of Houston....enjoy....check out the Texas board

Thank you. We both grew up in Houston (west side). When we left back in 06' we were living in the T.C. Jester & 43rd area just north of downtown back in 06'.

Checking out the Texas board now! Big thanks!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by gnz2250 View Post
    Welcome to the forum. Ya'll should plan on joining us for the Hill Country Spyder ryde in October. We would love to see you there.

Thank you and sounds great. Where do I go to find out more?

Spyder Garage

Thank you and sounds great. Where do I go to find out more?
    It's in the Texas Forum. Here is the link to the post
    http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...ty-Spyder-Ride

Spyder Garage

Welcome to Spyderlovers, we love you write up in joining. both my wife and I have spyders and truly enjoy riding together and with other spyder owners we have met.
    We hope to see you at one of the spyder events or just on the road somewhere. Yall sound like where we were at the beginning of the year, I had a BMW cruiser and my wife had just purchased a 2012 RS, but now she is on a 2011 RT and I have the RS.
    2012 RS White with corbin web seat, misty mountain seat skin, tour windshield, Hindle exhaust, handlebar risers, BRP saddlebags, foot boards, bump skid (critter splitter), fender LED lights, and lots of attitude.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by gnz2250 View Post
    It's in the Texas Forum. Here is the link to the post
    http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...ty-Spyder-Ride
    Thanks so much GNZ!!! We will be there. Just posted on that thread! This is gunna be a hoot!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Gunner 02 View Post
    Welcome to Spyderlovers, we love you write up in joining. both my wife and I have spyders and truly enjoy riding together and with other spyder owners we have met.
    We hope to see you at one of the spyder events or just on the road somewhere. Yall sound like where we were at the beginning of the year, I had a BMW cruiser and my wife had just purchased a 2012 RS, but now she is on a 2011 RT and I have the RS.
    Thank you Gunner! We will be going to the rally in the Texas Hill Country in October that I just found out about. It's in our backyard! Wow, you switch from 2 to 3 just recently. Mr. SmallPasture can't seem to handle my spyder. He says it's like riding a 4wheeler at highway speeds and it freaks him out. I don't understand what his problem is. Then again I can't ride a motorcycle as I've proven in the past!

Hope to meet you and the Mrs. soon!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Belated , and you go girl!

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default Well Come On In

Congratulations on your new baby, and enjoy all the freedom it will bring you.
    And all the time spent here. ;-)

Very Happy Trails...

Chas

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

And

Nice to have ya here