Spyder Garage

Default Anyone changed and upper ball joint 2011 RS?

Just going over my (new to me) 2011 Spyder RS and found play in the upper ball joint on the left side. The bike has 3500 miles on it and I did buy a 2-year warranty so it may be covered. From what I can find on line the ball joint seems to run $25~$48 so that's not bad. I'm sure I can handle the job but just wondered if anyone else changed one and did they run into any problems.

Thanks
    John

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyK View Post
    Just going over my (new to me) 2011 Spyder RS and found play in the upper ball joint on the left side. The bike has 3500 miles on it and I did buy a 2-year warranty so it may be covered. From what I can find on line the ball joint seems to run $25~$48 so that's not bad. I'm sure I can handle the job but just wondered if anyone else changed one and did they run into any problems.

Thanks
    John
    John, being a mechanic myself it is not a hard job to complete. But if you have the aftermarket coverage, I would use that first. Most ball joints are pressed out and than in that requires ball joint removal tools. Old school guys also use a large hammer to remove them, but is not recommended. Good luck!