Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default is it just me---

or has anyone else had cars back into their spyder when it was parked? while in puerto rico a few weeks ago on a cruise with the spyder, a taxi backed into the front on my spyder in san juan. while on cape cod last week camping, another joker backed into the rear end while leaving the restaurant we were at. i'm beginning to think my spyder is jinxed in parking lots!

Spyder Garage

I can see how it can happen. There is not a lot in view especially when people are backing up

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

When you park; just pretend that you've hung a Bullseye on it...

And then; sit where you can see it!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

I've never had anyone back into mine, but they seem to like to use part of my parking space. This happens often enough that I printed up some cards to leave on windshields, they say "Just because my bike dose not take up the full space dose not mean that you are entitled to any part of it" . Seems be mostly Lexus drivers or high end SUVs. If I am around to see it they quickly learn that I'm not happy about it.
    Ed

They told me not to give up on my dreams, so I went back to sleep.

Champagne 2017 RTS SE6
    Quantum Blue 2012 RTS-SE5 "Bluebell, Bell for short" - Traded 09/2017

Spyder Garage

If you pull into the parking space all the way, drivers making a beeline for that space will not see the until it is to late. I always park even with the line of cars at the rear of the space.

People can sure be stupid sometimes. They are to busy with their own personal stuff and always have a cell phone stuffed in their ears or are in texting mode.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Still small..!!

I really pick my spots. Even if I have to walk a bit or pay. Little people tend to drive big cars and have a tough time seeing anything under 8ft tall.. Costa Rica like all latin country are just that way...there is a saying " Golpe avisa" which translates to " when you bump thats far enough".
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

i love when i am in my car or on my bike and i pick a spot where there are plenty of spots around me and someone always ends up parking right next to me with so many spaces available around

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

That the herding instinct of dumb animals, at work!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    When you park; just pretend that you've hung a Bullseye on it...

And then; sit where you can see it!
    i'm beginning to think there is one already on it!

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Wow that is just coincidental and bad luck, sorry brotha.

I'd think that with Spyders like yours and mine being bright orange and green...that we would stand out even more than less-brightly colored Spyders already do!

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by spydaman60 View Post
    or has anyone else had cars back into their spyder when it was parked? while in puerto rico a few weeks ago on a cruise with the spyder, a taxi backed into the front on my spyder in san juan. while on cape cod last week camping, another joker backed into the rear end while leaving the restaurant we were at. i'm beginning to think my spyder is jinxed in parking lots!
    it could be the way you park it? Do you center it in the space available? I never had anyone invade my space but there is always time for a first time!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Ledford View Post
    it could be the way you park it? Do you center it in the space available? I never had anyone invade my space but there is always time for a first time!
    bob, i always park it away from all the cars i can. i usually try not to park between cars if there is an end space open,(even if i have to walk further). i always park shallow and leave the front even with the backs of other cars so no one will pull in fast thinking it's an empty slot. i guess i just have bad luck! beats getting hit while we're on it i guess!!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Chuck
    Has your bike sustained any damage? Unfortunately; they'd be considered as collision claims, if you get your insurance company involved...

Spyder Garage

This is a simple one....

Welcome to NJ!!!

Fas

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Cool Maybe

maybe you need to put one of those big yeller and black safety strips on the back and nose!

Spyder Garage

Default Were you reimbursed?

Chuck, just wondered if the taxi company reimbursed you for the damages in San Juan?

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by akspyderman View Post
    If you pull into the parking space all the way, drivers making a beeline for that space will not see the until it is to late. I always park even with the line of cars at the rear of the space.

People can sure be stupid sometimes. They are to busy with their own personal stuff and always have a cell phone stuffed in their ears or are in texting mode.
    One time I parked across from a restaurant where you could eat outside, and pulled up to the front of the space. I spent the entire time eating having fun at watching cars start to pull in only to see the Spyder, and have to stop and turn away. It was so obvious that another couple noticed, and was having a good time over it too.

Now had I thought about someone not paying attention, and not stopping. I think I would park more in the middle of the space, but I always used to park up front. I learned something today, and no more up front parking for me
    Is it Friday yet? ... Oh yeah, I forgot. I'm retired

Past bikes
    2010 RS - Sold
    2012 RT - Sold
    2014 RT - Testing completed
    2016 F3-T Audio package - Sold

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by fas2000 View Post
    This is a simple one....

Welcome to NJ!!!

Fas

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk
    the first time it was in san juan, puerto rico and the second time truro, ma. (out on cape cod) ! so it's not just nj!!!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by killerbee View Post
    Chuck, just wondered if the taxi company reimbursed you for the damages in San Juan?
    dennis, i have it turned over to steve and we'll see what he comes up with. if i don't get anything from thoses bozo's down in san juan, i'll just get my graphic art guy to run a few more spyders and tracks and cover the repair. out of pocket will only run me a $100.00 or so. if we went with replacing the hood and the rss decals, the quote was for over $700.00 bucks!! by the way, how are you guys doing!! say hi to the bride for me!!! you and bonnie always have a place to hang your helmets when you're out this way you know!!! hope you make it to spyderquest!!!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

the first time it was in san juan, puerto rico and the second time truro, ma. (out on cape cod) ! so it's not just nj!!!
    Maybe you need to tie a colored balloons on yourwhenever you park.