Spyder Garage

Default MORE Sway Bar Praise.......

Soooooo I just installed BajaRon sway bar and heim links on my RT. Took me about 3 hours because I have limited mechanical ability and about 7 tools. Process was not bad, I just went slow and easy. Like anything else on these beasts it takes longer to strip off and carefully replace the tupperware than it does to complete the task at hand.

The end result: WOW
    Just got back from a multi-county test run, and am pleased to report that this thing is the centrifugal force buster. Spydie stayed glued to the corners on the WV twistys and I passed a tractor-trailer on the interstate around 75 mph and was not overly concerned about being blown off the road.

Did I mention WOW!!! If you dont have one of these puppies yet, consider it - the sway bar does make a huge difference (and Ron, kickbacks will be graciously accepted
    )

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Congrats on doing it yourself! After 200 miles or so, crawl under and check that the bolts are still tight. Good job on getting it done.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Good to know..!!

you will be added to the never ending list of satisfied customers... It is an amazing change..!!
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

Default Ronbar

The BEST two mods: a Ronbar and a proper Laser alignment. Makes a world of difference, and the best bang for the buck, hands down! If you are out west, come see me. I will install a Ronbar and align your Spyder. Even if you are not, everyone needs an excuse to come to Las Vegas! A safety consideration! Give SpyderAnn a call to set it up!
    Joe Meyer

Dealer for the Outlaw/ROLO laser Alignment system

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by MotownCruiser View Post
    Soooooo I just installed BajaRon sway bar and heim links on my RT. Took me about 3 hours because I have limited mechanical ability and about 7 tools. Process was not bad, I just went slow and easy. Like anything else on these beasts it takes longer to strip off and carefully replace the tupperware than it does to complete the task at hand.

The end result: WOW
    Just got back from a multi-county test run, and am pleased to report that this thing is the centrifugal force buster. Spydie stayed glued to the corners on the WV twistys and I passed a tractor-trailer on the interstate around 75 mph and was not overly concerned about being blown off the road.

Did I mention WOW!!! If you dont have one of these puppies yet, consider it - the sway bar does make a huge difference (and Ron, kickbacks will be graciously accepted
    )
    Glad you like the BAR! Just increases the Fun Factor!

Have a great riding season!
    Shop Ph: 423-609-7588 (M-F, 8-5, Eastern Time)

Only SLOW people have to leave on time...

Spyder Garage

How did you get the 22" of clearance under the bike to install?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by RDM View Post
    Followed Ron's Instructions!

Shop Ph: 423-609-7588 (M-F, 8-5, Eastern Time)

Only SLOW people have to leave on time...

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by RDM View Post
    Here's what I did. First I bought the Craftsman ATV/MC lift. I raised the bike up enough to set it on 1 concrete block under each wheel.

On 1 block.jpg

Then I put the lift on a pallet and raised it high enough to put 2 blocks under the front wheels. Because of the height I was raising it on the lift, I had a friend over to help steady the bike, just to be on the safe side!

On 2 blocks.jpg
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Spyder Garage

Default Lift

Use a craftsman mc lift. Raise as high as possible, set jack stands under "A" arms. Put jack under left wheel. Raise. Lift jack stand. Do right side. You have to have jack stands that go 24 inches. We used blocks, pavers, wood. All a safety nightmare! Use caution, and safe equipment. In a pinch, 4 strong men can lift a Spyder. A pit can be used, or tall ramps. Just be safe.
    Joe Meyer

Dealer for the Outlaw/ROLO laser Alignment system

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by WasWinger View Post
    Here's what I did. First I bought the Craftsman ATV/MC lift. I raised the bike up enough to set it on 1 concrete block under each wheel.

On 1 block.jpg

Then I put the lift on a pallet and raised it high enough to put 2 blocks under the front wheels. Because of the height I was raising it on the lift, I had a friend over to help steady the bike, just to be on the safe side!

On 2 blocks.jpg

I've done worse myself once or twice.

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by DJFaninTN View Post

I've done worse myself once or twice.
    Your opinion which I don't share. As I see it concrete blocks are more stable than jack stands, especially when the bike is sitting on the blocks on its tires. The blocks provide a bigger footprint than do jack stands, and obviously, the bike is always supported on its tires. The most precarious part of the process is the raising, but you've got the same issue if you use jack stands. Weight of the bike resting on A-arms or tires, I'll take tires any day.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)