Page 17 of 26 FirstFirst ... 7131415161718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: New Side panels

Spyder Garage

What are you trying to find out??

2014 RTS SE6 White
    BajaRon Swaybar
    Elka front shocks supplied by Pitbull Power sports.
    Aligned By Squared Away
    Smooth Spyder belt tensioner
    Sprderpops Bump skid
    BRP TRI AXSIS Handle bars
    Luggage rack
    2013 STS SE5 Circuit Yellow. The Jenny Mobile!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by flamingobabe View Post
    here is a pic of the front of my spyder with right side 2014 air flow panels and left side 2013 panel

the first pic you can see difference....second pic right behind the fog light see the air flow opening
    How come you only have panels done on one side?? Parts back ordered??

2014 RTS SE6 White
    BajaRon Swaybar
    Aligned By Squared Away
    Sprderpops Bump skid
    Luggage rack

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Nils888 View Post
    What are you trying to find out??

Everyone who has talked about doing this, Quickster, bengolf, flamingobabe, JacqueTanis...have said to order part number 25000079, but it IS NOT USED!

I would LOVE to know where that number even came from???

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SNOOPY View Post
    Everyone who has talked about doing this, Quickster, bengolf, flamingobabe, JacqueTanis...have said to order part number 25000079, but it IS NOT USED!

I would LOVE to know where that number even came from???
    I looked it up in the Brp oem parts catalog. It shows it as a panel nut.
    But it does not look like it is used one the panels the people are buying.

I have ordered the panels for my wife's STS.
    Last edited by Nils888; 05-08-2014 at 10:59 PM.

2014 RTS SE6 White
    BajaRon Swaybar
    Aligned By Squared Away
    Sprderpops Bump skid
    Luggage rack

Spyder Garage

Correct, I did the install and there was no where they were required.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

There was an "issue", with the finish on a couple of the panels that they were sent...
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Correct, I did the install and there was no where they were required.
    So 250000079 is not needed?

2014 RTS SE6 White
    BajaRon Swaybar
    Aligned By Squared Away
    Sprderpops Bump skid
    Luggage rack

Spyder Garage

HELP !!!!! I purchased my ST Ltd about 2 months ago. The heat on the left side only is getting hotter and hotter. I've read all kinds of posts about removing the cat, wrapping, getting a cat bypass, new panels. I'm so confused I don't want to start doing a lot of different things. I'm mechanically challenged so I would have to have someone do the work for me. Which one thing do you think would be the best thing to start with or seems to work the best??? Also if I would get the 2014 panels would it look funny if I only put them on one side because that seems to be where all the heat is. Thanks for your help

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Hi Barbie,
    Let's all take a deep breath...
    Feel better?
    The heat troubles that have been experienced by Spyder owners have several ways to be approached:
    Using heat barriers to block the transfer of heat
    Wrapping the exhaust pipes
    Wrapping the fuel tank and evaporative canister
    Using heat-blocking panels to protect electronic and mechanical systems
    Opening up the bodywork, to allow for more airflow
    The 2014 vents
    Removing the airbox
    Craniac made some adjustments to his OEM bodywork to allow for heat to escape.. (Look for his posts and threads)
    Reducing the heat that is being generated under the bodywork
    The ECM re-flasing
    Catalytic Converter removal

My advice; for what it's worth.... Take a look at what's been done, and tackle what you're comfortable with; one step at a time.
    Good Luck! Please ask lots of quesitons; these folks have worked hard to dig up the answers!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Barbie View Post
    HELP !!!!! I purchased my ST Ltd about 2 months ago. The heat on the left side only is getting hotter and hotter. I've read all kinds of posts about removing the cat, wrapping, getting a cat bypass, new panels. I'm so confused I don't want to start doing a lot of different things. I'm mechanically challenged so I would have to have someone do the work for me. Which one thing do you think would be the best thing to start with or seems to work the best??? Also if I would get the 2014 panels would it look funny if I only put them on one side because that seems to be where all the heat is. Thanks for your help
    Barbie, PM me your phone number and we'll talk. I've gone through it all (along with several others, LOL, many others). Anyway, call me and let me help!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    There was an "issue", with the finish on a couple of the panels that they were sent...
    Two of my panels were back ordered also. I was told they would be sent out the 7th by my Service Writer who because of an accident has been off for a couple weeks. When I called to make sure I'd have it by the 17 for an overnighter we've planned the temporary Service Writer told the parts were in and he was having them installed Tuesday. Man oh man was I surprised since I knew they were on back order. The Service Manager didn't have clue that it was actually a partial order (the other panels still on backorder until the 7th) and had the techs try and install what they had. LOL, they saw a big hole and figured something was wrong. I told the Manager he should hire me then he might know what is going on in his own department. I tried not to be rude, used a joking manner but he should know more about what's going on in his Service Department than I do, he's new - transferred from another store and what a slacker he is, doesn't have a clue, just wonders around looking important and telling everyone what to do. Anyway, was supposed to get my bike back yesterday - still on hold waiting for the two panels which BRP is overnighting. Hope they come in today so John can pick up by bike tomorrow. Manager said if they come in he'll TRY and get it scheduled - I let him know he WILL be get it scheduled and that I expect a higher level of service than I'm getting. Can't wait for the regular Service Writer to come back - he's awesome and is the one who runs the whole show, the only one who knows what is going on. I miss him!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Thanks for thie update!
    And Good Luck with the rapid completion of this project!

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Side panals

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    Char,
    I am SOOOO glad to hear that this project might be coming to an end for you!
    Here's to hoping that it's smooth sailing from now on!
    It sounds to me that the only one doing the SMOOTH SALING is BRP. Their laughing all the way to the bank.

BRP made an inferior product, fun to ride but always watching the heat bars and afraid to go on a long trip. And I am looking at about 7000 this summer over 6 weeks.

BRP should step up and offer to remedy the problem at little or no cost.

My two pennies.

...in the pink (Girls On Spyders)
    Spyder Garage

one of the panels was not clear coated...unfinished...the new ...correct panel is on it's way to me.....it arrived at Pitbull during Spyderfest....I had them wait until this week to ship it out to me......but with just one side....I could tell a difference....more air in....

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by flamingobabe View Post
    one of the panels was not clear coated...unfinished...the new ...correct panel is on it's way to me.....it arrived at Pitbull during Spyderfest....I had them wait until this week to ship it out to me......but with just one side....I could tell a difference....more air in....
    Thank for the update.

We Just got our 2013 STS Tuesday. I rode it 40 miles from the dealer to home. Never felt it get very hot. But I was doing 50-70mph the hole way.
    When I got home my wife wanted to go for a ride So I jumped on the RTS and she took the STS. After we got back she said her left leg felt like it got hot.

The difference was she was riding between 25-45mph the hole time. I did make sure the dealer did the 2013-9 update before we picked it up.

2014 RTS SE6 White
    BajaRon Swaybar
    Aligned By Squared Away
    Sprderpops Bump skid
    Luggage rack

Spyder Garage

So 250000079 is not needed?

Correct

Spyder Garage

Default Added 2014 Panels!

Installed the new 2014 panels, and drilled 2 1/8 inch holes in the bottom panels. Heat issues on my legs were improved. Upper panel heat gone. I could actually press my legs against the panels with no discomfort. When I stopped for fuel, the cap was warm not hot. IMO the cost was worth it.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Dlr View Post
    Installed the new 2014 panels, and drilled 2 1/8 inch holes in the bottom panels. Heat issues on my legs were improved. Upper panel heat gone. I could actually press my legs against the panels with no discomfort. When I stopped for fuel, the cap was warm not hot. IMO the cost was worth it.
    Thanks for the update. When you talk about drilling hole in the lower panels? You mean the ones underneath the trike?

2014 RTS SE6 White
    BajaRon Swaybar
    Aligned By Squared Away
    Sprderpops Bump skid
    Luggage rack

Spyder Garage

Thanks for the update. When you talk about drilling hole in the lower panels? You mean the ones underneath the trike?
    Yes I drilled three holes in each panel

Spyder Garage

Nice

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by 3rdwheel View Post
    It sounds to me that the only one doing the SMOOTH SALING is BRP. Their laughing all the way to the bank.

BRP made an inferior product, fun to ride but always watching the heat bars and afraid to go on a long trip. And I am looking at about 7000 this summer over 6 weeks.

BRP should step up and offer to remedy the problem at little or no cost.

My two pennies.
    Meet my new "Spyder Angel" LOL, well - new cool comfort, same bike, new 2014 Air Flow Panels. Just got her back today. I'm still in Yuma so haven't ridden her yet but John rode her home 2 hours from Las Cruces in 90+ weather and she was cool as a cucumber. He said the air circulation was amazing ... I've detailed my trials and travails with the heat and BRP on this site more than once and all I can say is thank you BRP, I've been moaning and groaning since June about your poor Customer Service but BRP Care really came through for me. All it took was me doing things the right way, I documented everything and kept an in-depth paper trail with dates, pics and details. I did everything I could, as did my dealer - when we reached a point where we could do no more BRP stepped up and did their part. They are now "officially" on my Good List! All I need now is to get my new Spyder Angel Wrap in the mail and get her installed and I'll be exquisitely happy indeed! Don't you just love a happy ending?

By the way, I did not have to watch my heat bars - my engine did not over heat once. The problem with the hot panels was the poor circulation in the engine compartment, lack of air flow. As for me? I've been on plenty of long trips and plan on plenty more!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by JacqueTanis; 05-10-2014 at 11:03 PM.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by JacqueTanis View Post
    Meet my new "Spyder Angel" LOL, well - new cool comfort, same bike, new 2014 Air Flow Panels. Just got her back today. I'm still in Yuma so haven't ridden her yet but John rode her home 2 hours from Las Cruces in 90+ weather and she was cool as a cucumber. He said the air circulation was amazing ... I've detailed my trials and travails with the heat and BRP on this site more than once and all I can say is thank you BRP, I've been moaning and groaning since June about your poor Customer Service but BRP Care really came through for me. All it took was me doing things the right way, I documented everything and kept an in-depth paper trail with dates, pics and details. I did everything I could, as did my dealer - when we reached a point where we could do no more BRP stepped up and did their part. They are now "officially" on my Good List! All I need now is to get my new Spyder Angel Wrap in the mail and get her installed and I'll be exquisitely happy indeed! Don't you just love a happy ending?

By the way, I did not have to watch my heat bars - my engine did not over heat once. The problem with the hot panels was the poor circulation in the engine compartment, lack of air flow. As for me? I've been on plenty of long trips and plan on plenty more!

In what way are you saying they stepped up?

You said you purchased and installed your $700+ panels?

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by JacqueTanis View Post

Jacque, What was your bottom line cost for this "fix"?

Spyder Garage

In what way are you saying they stepped up?

You said you purchased and installed your $700+ panels?

I was prepared to purchase them ... then decided after the money I spent on my bike BRP should be given the opportunity to 'step up' and take care of it. They did. I sent my paper trail (I posted it on this site) and a outlined my concerns to the BRP Team who called me. I spent an hour on the phone with a very personable rep, answering questions and just talking about my bike, my frustrations, etc.. He went above and beyond by calling my dealer. Between the two of them, they made arrangements to order and install the panels. They are on my A-List for sure. I think the fact that I kept a very complete and concise paper trail detailing all my visits to the dealer, calls to BRP, self fixes, etc. with dates and pictures. Also the fact that I and my dealer had done everything we could to alleviate the problem and had reached a stopping point, we could go no further so our only other avenue. They could not do a recall because not everyone has the heat problem, and many are purchasing the panels just for the looks. I am very happy that, after following the 'process' (don't know if that if the right word) BRP took care of me and followed through to correct the problem.

Spyder Garage

I think BRP knows there are issues. I've said there were problems w mine enough to change to the new panels to my dealer and all I get is a funny look. With me stuck with paying $800 for the fix and you telling me that BRP stepped in and took care of yours...I think I've just decided this will be my first...and last​, Spyder.