Thread: Long Way Round

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Long Way Round

If you would like to watch a really great motor cycle touring documentary my I suggest `Long Way Round'. This is about two Englishmen going from London to New York on two BMW touring bikes. We are watching it on NetFlix and it is done in several hour long episode's. It is extremely interesting and very entertaining. Hope everyone will watch this and enjoy it as much as we have.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Thanks..!!

will check it out tonight...!!
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Let me know

Quote Originally Posted by Chupaca View Post
    will check it out tonight...!!
    Couldyou let me know what you think of it.

Spyder Garage

I saw the program my iPad with Hulu Plus this past year. It was great! Too bad our Spyders can't go thru some of the places they went. Looks like they had fun but grueling trip at times.

Spyder Garage

Some screen shots from the movie. Relaxed riding and trying to ride in deep loose dirt.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default WELCOME to SPYDERLAND

Hi John P, that is a good looking truck, and hope you go to SPYDERFEST 5 in April

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BigJohnP View Post
    If you would like to watch a really great motor cycle touring documentary my I suggest `Long Way Round'. This is about two Englishmen going from London to New York on two BMW touring bikes. We are watching it on NetFlix and it is done in several hour long episode's. It is extremely interesting and very entertaining. Hope everyone will watch this and enjoy it as much as we have.
    Watched it a couple years ago. Nice to have money and a support team but I don't take anything away from their accomplishment.

The sequel a few years later is Long Way Down. From Scotland to South Africa. Equally as entertaining (for us) and challenging (for them) as the first one.

RT and Gold Wing States & Provinces

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default 1959 Chevy

Quote Originally Posted by jimclarkf1 View Post
    Hi John P, that is a good looking truck, and hope you go to SPYDERFEST 5 in April
    It is a 1959 Chevy Apatche step side long bed. I built it back in 95 and have had a great time with it ever since. Don't know about spyderfest this year, I would not drive the truck down any way. Plus I'm having to much fun on the spyder. But I'm glad you like the truck.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Slight correction ... 2 Scotsmen (they would not take kindly to being called Englishmen). I thoroughly enjoyed The Long Way Round. They've done another adventure you can see in The Long Way Down. It takes them from John O'Groats, Scotland to the Southernmost tip of Africa, Cape Agulhas, and then on to Cape Town. Regards, Dan

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by dancote View Post
    Slight correction ... 2 Scotsmen (they would not take kindly to being called Englishmen). I thoroughly enjoyed The Long Way Round. They've done another adventure you can see in The Long Way Down. It takes them from John O'Groats, Scotland to the Southernmost tip of Africa, Cape Agulhas, and then on to Cape Town. Regards, Dan
    I took your your advice and watched both of them. Very entertaining and they were able to see some incredible countries wild life and meet some wonderful people along the way. A must see series!
    SpydermanCT

2010 RT-S SE5 Timeless Black PE # 794 ~ RT-622 Trailer ~ Can-Am Garmin 665 GPS ~ Elka Front Shocks ~ ESI Brightsides with Rips Kit ~ ESI RT Fender Tips Kit ~ Rear Brightsides ~ HMT Brake Light ~ Tricplate rear running / Brake LED's ~ ESI Mud Flap Lights ~ LED Day Runners ~ Right Side Inlet Covers ~ Street Magic Scuff Guards ~ IPS Key Cover ~ KewlMetal Kewlocks ~ Spyderpops Radiator Block Off Plate and Catalytic Converter Shield Set ~ Carbon Fiber Kit ~ Corbin Seat

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Just watched the first series, Long Way Round. What a great show. I don't watch a lot of tv normally, but since I'm on vacation, I watched the entire 9 episodes on one day. (Don't judge me....) looking forward to seeing the next series on Netflix.

Spyder Garage

Default YES

We watched both adventures on Netflex. Enjoyed both, but liked the Long way around the best. A Must See
    2015 F3S , White & Blue