Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Old Syle fender LEDs

I recently changed my 2013 RT fender bulbs (t10,194) to Chinese LEDS form ebay. That hasn't worked out well. They were cheap enough I got 10 but have gone through 8 of them they eventually start to die or flash and it is not do to water. Possibly due to vibration is my guess. You get what you pay for I guess so I went to advance and bought these

http://shop.advanceautoparts.com/web...194#fragment-2

10273079_syl_1681942825LED_pri_mini.jpg
    They at least have a one year warranty and are also brighter and whiter not bluish. I just wanted to let everyone know They do make the old style lights look much better. The down side is they cost $12.99 each. Hopefully they WILL last.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by unclejay View Post
    Your LEDs probably burned out due to unstable voltage, LEDs have different wiring requirements
    The ones I was using were 7 segment LEDs each was an old style LED not the flat type. I believe the connections were substandard in the socket as some would quit working 1 at a time and dim others would start flashing. Being a journeyman electrician I know a resister is required on all LEDs to work a 12V system. The actual V needed for different LEDS will determine the resistance needed.

I suspect the quality of the connections were the real issue or improper resistance. Regardless I now have something that will last at least 1 year (warranty).

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Get with Tricled.com Reggy's has the ones that fit the old style and the basic 2013 fender lights. He shipped new ones for my wife's RS-S and they light up real good!

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Resistor

The dropping resistor for the LEDs in most replacement units is built in. I have found that most of the cheaply priced units usually start to deteriorate due to really solder joints and vibration. I took a couple apart and pieces (components) were loose in the housing. One of the areas where you truly get what you pay for.

Ride and ride safe,

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bullant12 View Post
    Get with Tricled.com Reggy's has the ones that fit the old style and the basic 2013 fender lights. He shipped new ones for my wife's RS-S and they light up real good!
    I saw theirs and liked the style I bought one other issue is water intrusion and although I dielectric greased them I like the sealed approach Sylvania used as opposed to his. Besides I simply do not like navigating his sight not searchable, no sidebar I hate having to scroll down each page to see what he has.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by CurtG View Post
    The dropping resistor for the LEDs in most replacement units is built in. I have found that most of the cheaply priced units usually start to deteriorate due to really solder joints and vibration. I took a couple apart and pieces (components) were loose in the housing. One of the areas where you truly get what you pay for.

Ride and ride safe,
    That is what I suspect to although I have never seen one flash like mine did that was strange.
    Last edited by Magdave; 08-29-2013 at 04:41 PM.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Magdave View Post
    That is what I suspect to although I have never seen on flash like mine did that was strange.
    Questionable "engineering" and vibration can do strange things

Ride and ride safe,

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I saw theirs and liked the style I bought one other issue is water intrusion and although I dielectric greased them I like the sealed approach Sylvania used as opposed to his. Besides I simply do not like navigating his sight not searchable, no sidebar I hate having to scroll down each page to see what he has.
    You may not like his site, but you can not beat his excellent service and products in my opinion
    Oldmanzues

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Reggy at TricLED has the LED Tip Lights, either amber or bright white, for $12.95 per pair. Mine are really bright & have worked well for over 1 1/2 years.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Oldmanzues View Post
    You may not like his site, but you can not beat his excellent service and products in my opinion
    Oldmanzues

Reggy's one of the Best...
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by dick574 View Post
    Reggy at TricLED has the LED Tip Lights, either amber or bright white, for $12.95 per pair. Mine are really bright & have worked well for over 1 1/2 years.
    Then my suggestion is he get someone to re do his sight. He has some interesting things but it is simply to hard ( at least to me) to find them.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

I I think they're about 3/4 way down on the RT area.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I I think they're about 3/4 way down on the RT area.
    But I do not need them now and don't have time to scroll though pages of products to find them.I needed them today

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Led lights

This is where I get Led lights for my Spyder, cars, trailer, and house. I have my led fender lights on my 2011 RS-S for over two years. Here is the website: http://www.superbrightleds.com/morei...-base/200/880/

Mike

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by MikeinGA View Post
    This is where I get Led lights for my Spyder, cars, trailer, and house. I have my led fender lights on my 2011 RS-S for over two years. Here is the website: http://www.superbrightleds.com/morei...-base/200/880/

Mike
    Those look almost exactly like the ones I had trouble with.
    $(KGrHqR,!q!FB(lyre6UBQc99ToYeQ~~60_12.jpg

None of the LED dealers are telling you the point of origin so at this point I would rather go with a name brand + 1yr warranty. Glad yours have worked for you and hope mine do. They are much brighter than that type too Consider your self lucky also because on your link it says :
    IMPORTANT NOTES. PLEASE READ BEFORE PURCHASING:

1. Non-Weatherproof, Indoor use only unless contained within weatherproof housing or used in conjunction with weatherproofing products

As I said I used silicone dielectric grease on the old ones and my new ones ARE for license plates so they should work well in the fenders same type of housing which I have coated with Di grease. You can get them cheaper on ebay but I like having the warranty on computer at my local Advance .
    P8290010.jpg

They are 6000K and whiter than any I have ever seen no blue to them and they can make your eyes hurt if you stare at them.
    Last edited by Magdave; 08-30-2013 at 12:54 PM.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Just a quick update on these bulbs. I went out last night for the first time in the dark with them. I have FOG LIGHTS now. They are so bright I can see them out in front of me. Too bad I can't adjust them as they point to the left side of the road about 15ft forward and off in the ditch on the right,. Should be good for deer watching. They sure are bright at night.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Philips Blue Vision 194 T10 W5W LED

KB Car Stuff

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Those look almost exactly like the ones I had trouble with.
    $(KGrHqR,!q!FB(lyre6UBQc99ToYeQ~~60_12.jpg

None of the LED dealers are telling you the point of origin so at this point I would rather go with a name brand + 1yr warranty. Glad yours have worked for you and hope mine do. They are much brighter than that type too Consider your self lucky also because on your link it says :
    IMPORTANT NOTES. PLEASE READ BEFORE PURCHASING:

1. Non-Weatherproof, Indoor use only unless contained within weatherproof housing or used in conjunction with weatherproofing products

As I said I used silicone dielectric grease on the old ones and my new ones ARE for license plates so they should work well in the fenders same type of housing which I have coated with Di grease. You can get them cheaper on ebay but I like having the warranty on computer at my local Advance .
    P8290010.jpg

They are 6000K and whiter than any I have ever seen no blue to them and they can make your eyes hurt if you stare at them.
    I have mine for over 2 years on my front fenders and no problems.

Mike

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by CurtG View Post

Ride and ride safe,
    youre right Curt, but if you have all the pieces and a soldering station with a thin tip you can replace the components, being sure this time to put a drop of glue under the resistor. also the brightness is determined by the dropping resistor until you get to the max safe operating current, which is printed on the LED package most 5 mm white LEDs are 3.5 volts at 20 ma. If youre used to using OHMs law you can mount some interesting LED lights on your spyder very cheaply and make it look good! also if the LEDs are standard 5mm you can replace them, with super bright Leds or the 10mm superbright white LEDs I would love to get my hands on a couple of those bords that the dropping resistor and LED is mounted on I would build my on with the 10 mm LEDS!

73, AC0Y yep Real EXTRA!

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

I ordered a set of these but have no idea how to install them. How are the lights held on the fenders?

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

They snap in. Gently use a flat blade screwdriver and pry up on the front of the light housing, it will pop loose. After replacing the bulb, snap the housing back in place on the fender.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bruiser View Post
    They snap in. Gently use a flat blade screwdriver and pry up on the front of the light housing, it will pop loose. After replacing the bulb, snap the housing back in place on the fender.
    Thanks. worked fine and I like the way they look. Certainly a lot brighter(white) than the stock ones.