Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Banged Up Member
    Spyder Garage

I'm not even gonna waste my time.

Chris

Spyder Garage

Default SYNERGY GREEN

Quote Originally Posted by spydee owner View Post
    I just completed a brp survey yesterday.
    The gas mileage doesn't really matter that much to me with the spyder and as for the clothing, I do not have a problem with it. I own some brp, some joe rocket and a killimanjero jacket.
    WELL IF IT ISNT THE OTHER SYNERGY GREEN SPYDER! ARE YOU GOING TO SPYDERFEST?
    SNOWMOBILING ON PAVEMENT!!!

Spyder Garage

MPG's .....MY Rt easily doubles what i get out of my rover
    Clothing: meh, i found stuff that fits me good and protects well, and it's not cheap. BRP's clothing line doesn't appeal to me, but with so much out there to choose from, I don't care.

If there was more, i've already forgotten...
    Rewaco RF-1 GT

Inline 4 cylinder Ford Zetec with multi-port fuel inject, 140 HP
    0-60mph: 5.8 seconds
    5 speed sync manual with reverse, mechanical dry clutch.
    Front suspension: Trapezoidal fork with center spring
    Rear suspension: Independent with Bilstein gas shock absorbers
    Brake System: Grimeca calipers, linked ventilated discs, with booster
    10.57 gallons

Spyder Garage

Default MILEAGE

MY LAST BRP PRODUCT ONLY GOT 5 MPG!!!!!!! SO ,I'M VERY HAPPY GETTING 32MPG! LAST ONE WAS A SEADOO RXT SUPERCHARGED 3 SEATER! WHAT A GAS HOG!!!
    SNOWMOBILING ON PAVEMENT!!!

GOS member (Girls On Spyders)
    Spyder Garage

We have some very talented GOS (Girls on Spyders) who have designed a logo for us, paracord bracelets, etc. Maybe 'youse guys' need to find someone to do the same for you.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BeachSpyder View Post
    I don't know if everyone feels the same way that I do about BRP, but it seems like they feel somewhat less obligated to establish personal relationships with their clientele than other manufacturers. I am also a Victory owner, and they seem to always be asking of feedback. So I would like to start off, as an RT owner, with two serious complaints:
    1. BRP clothing, specifically Can Am. Really? That's the best you can do? Follow the lead of every other manufacturers and produce some clothing we would actually want to wear! We will buy it, I promise!
    2. RT gas mileage. It is abysmal. I don't know how these other people are getting 30+ mpg, but I can only assume they are driving empty bikes at 55mph. Real world riders get 25mpg at 70mph, and we need better than that!

Let's see what everyone else comes up with. I think BRP needs to engage with the customers more often.

Benjy Cohen
    Beachspyder

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    You asked if others feel the same way. My answer is NO.

BRP and the dealers I have dealt with engage me just fine!
    Penny and Rick have owned many motorcycles starting in 1974 with Honda’s, then to Suzukis, Gold Wings and ultimately Spyders.
    ‘74 Honda 360T (pair); ‘78 Suzuki GS 1000 (pair); ‘’82 Honda Aspencade; ‘84 Honda 400; ‘87 Yamaha 1100; ‘99 Honda Valkyrie; ‘01 Suzuki Burgman(triked); ‘02 Honda GL 1800(triked); ‘10 Spyder RTSE; ‘11 Spyder RTSM; ‘12 Spyder RTSL (pair); ‘20 Spyder RTL (current)

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Gas

I did not buy it for gas mileage an it gets better then my Saturn Sky.
    Also the clothes are nice but I buy when on sale.
    15 rt , yes Black

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Ain't different opinons interesting.I too own a victory kingpin for the last six years and kept it after we bought the RT.I have never received an opion survey.I am however bombarded with vic sales pitches and new models by email.One of the biggest complaints i hear about Victory(besides breaking clutch cables)is their lack of clothing at the dealerships.I have gone online for most of what i bought.My kingpin normanly gets around 45mpg and i have gotten 51mpg.My RT gets 28 -30mpg and i'm not happy with that but its a trike ,and its going to be worse than a bike.I tried to compare it to other trike mpg but could't find that info.I did find the specs on 2013 goldwing bike was 35mpg,so i'm sure a GW trike should be less than a bike.Don't KNOWBODY have the clothes like Harley does.NOBODY.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by rdukingpin View Post
    Don't KNOWBODY have the clothes like Harley does.NOBODY.
    The gf and I stop at the harley dealership periodically during the summer only to look at the clothes. I buy her some stuff there b/c she doesn't care that it says harley even tho she rides as a passenger on our spyder.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Sticky

Why don't we just make a "bitch about the mileage here" thread and make it a sticky. That will save everyone a lot of time and effort.

Spyder Garage

I don't care about mileage as much as I care about range. I want to go 200 miles before looking for a station. If I got 20mpg and had an 11 gallon tank I would be happy, just give me range.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Lamonster View Post
    I don't care about mileage as much as I care about range. I want to go 200 miles before looking for a station. If I got 20mpg and had an 11 gallon tank I would be happy, just give me range.

That's probably because you have a 200 mile plus butt, Lamont. Mine can't make 200. I start to get squirmy at about 135-140 so the range on the Spyder is perfect for me. Nonetheless, we never go outside the county without a spare gas can.
    Penny and Rick have owned many motorcycles starting in 1974 with Honda’s, then to Suzukis, Gold Wings and ultimately Spyders.
    ‘74 Honda 360T (pair); ‘78 Suzuki GS 1000 (pair); ‘’82 Honda Aspencade; ‘84 Honda 400; ‘87 Yamaha 1100; ‘99 Honda Valkyrie; ‘01 Suzuki Burgman(triked); ‘02 Honda GL 1800(triked); ‘10 Spyder RTSE; ‘11 Spyder RTSM; ‘12 Spyder RTSL (pair); ‘20 Spyder RTL (current)

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Double Trouble View Post
    That's probably because you have a 200 mile plus butt, Lamont. Mine can't make 200. I start to get squirmy at about 135-140 so the range on the Spyder is perfect for me. Nonetheless, we never go outside the county without a spare gas can.
    The problem is if you travel with just about any other bike on a trip they will have about half a tank when you need fuel. I carry 2 gal. with me on long trips too but I would at least like to fill up at 180 miles and have a 200+ mile range if needed and I've been in places where I needed it. I had one trip I went 220 miles before I found a station. I coasted in to the pumps.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

1) As far as clothing goes, BRP does a great job with clothing. If you notice the catalogs year by year, it has gone from 5-10 pages to close to half a 100 page catalog. If the OP is comparing to HD by any chance, make the comparison that the "Harley Davidson" name and logo is alone the 85% profit for the company. During the 110+ years they've been in the market, they've had pleanty of practice on their clothing line compared to the Can-Am Spyder, which their logo/name on the clothing is smaller, and the line-up is smaller. Hence BRP is focusing more on the itself more than the clothing. They now there is competition out there, but the being unique, they know were to work with.

2) with what most have said about milage. I did not buy the for gas economy. I bought it to have fun. And if the range it gives me goes with the amount of time I need for rest stops, I am happy with that!

Spyder Garage

Default I get at least 150 SPG

Quote Originally Posted by Lamonster View Post
    I agree with the range of 200 or so although my butt range is more like 150 so at the present I am ready to gas up when the spyder is. I do carry a Rotopak can in the frunk just in case to. As far a MPG goes, it is a little better that what I get in my car but I enjoy the Spyder 10 to 1 over the car. I rate my mileage in SPG. I get about 150, sometimes more if riding more aggressively. Oh,,, SPG is Smiles Per Gallon.
    Happy Spyderlovers

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default My 2 cents

I agree with most of the posts also. I bought the RT Spyder because my bad knees would not hold up the Big Harley anymore, especially when 2 up with my wife. The first test drive we went on and I was sold before we even got back to the dealership. My riding life is now expended I am thinking at least 15 more years. My hope is to be the oldest Spyder rider in the world. As for gas mileage, I would have my Spyder no matter what the MPG was. Time riding with my woman is way move important to me than MPG. In addition all the new friends we have made in forming the Old Dominium Chapter of SRA is just an added bonus. BRP did contact me with some kind of survey. I don’t remember all the questions but I do remember one was about gas fumes and the next thing I know I go a new gas cap in the mail. Bravo Zulu BRP, you worked for me.
    Last edited by Questions; 03-21-2013 at 09:01 AM. Reason: TYPO

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Happy Camper

I love the Spyder. BRP answered the call when I needed them. What more can one ask for. Plenty of aftermarket clothes out there if you want to be a walking billboard.
    And you cannot find a better source of information than Spyder Lovers.

spydee owner

Quote Originally Posted by FIRECAT View Post
    WELL IF IT ISNT THE OTHER SYNERGY GREEN SPYDER! ARE YOU GOING TO SPYDERFEST?
    I sent you a PM

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default An open letter to BRP

One thing that occurs to me is even if you research, it's hard to really visually just how far one tank will get you until you use it. Milage also varies from machine to machine and even varies a lot within a single machine based on riding conditions, gas quality, riding style, and more. You never know just what you are going to get. I've seen as low as 20 mpg and as high as 35 on my machine alone. That results in quite a range difference.
    You don't really see just how short of a range this has until you start planning a trip, and realizing you have to fill up about 3x more than you would in a car that gets much worse mpg than you (Yes I know they have bigger tanks) and hoping you do not end up with a bad tank of gas that prevents you from making it to the next planned fill up.

The range definitely needs extension, whether by larger gas tanks or increased efficiency.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD