Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default TWO FIRSTS TODAY...

FIRST:
    On our way to a food and wine fest, There it was. Facing me on the far side of a four lane street at a stop light was none other than another Black as night and riding two up (as were we) we just kind of looked at each other in disbelief. That big black magnificent machine was just staring at my little red baby. Sparks and electricity flew as they were both caught up in a moment of mutual admiration. As the light changed, the movement of the common vehicles around us brought our moment crashing back to reality. All that was left was a memory and a little exhaust plume. I bought mine late last summer and got more looks than a 25 cent peep show. I was the only one in town and people were staring at me like I was an alien spaceship. Dogs barked and little children ran and hid behind their momma's skirts. Now they are everywhere, or so it would seem, Oh sure, I still get the questions and looks, but some of the magic is gone. Oh well, on the bright side now My little girl may have someone new to play with. We'll See

SECOND:

I think I may have found my (not so sweet spot). Happens around 5100 RPM"S and continues to about 5300 RPM'S. Could this be the nasty belt slap some people have been referring to? If so, has anyone tried Spyderpops new belt tightener? I know the OTHER GUY has proven to be a good product but i have purchased so many mods this winter that my wife is going to me if i spend more money. Has anyone got any feedback on this product? Any help would be appreciated.

p.s. I now know not to read my wife's romance novels

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by spydercoach View Post
    SECOND:

I think I may have found my (not so sweet spot). Happens around 5100 RPM"S and continues to about 5300 RPM'S. Could this be the nasty belt slap some people have been referring to?
    The first question that needs to be asked is: What gear are you in when you get the vibrations?

If you don't mind... let us know.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Cool

FIRST:
    On our way to a food and wine fest, There it was. Facing me on the far side of a four lane street at a stop light was none other than another Black as night and riding two up (as were we) we just kind of looked at each other in disbelief. That big black magnificent machine was just staring at my little red baby. Sparks and electricity flew as they were both caught up in a moment of mutual admiration. As the light changed, the movement of the common vehicles around us brought our moment crashing back to reality. All that was left was a memory and a little exhaust plume. I bought mine late last summer and got more looks than a 25 cent peep show. I was the only one in town and people were staring at me like I was an alien spaceship. Dogs barked and little children ran and hid behind their momma's skirts. Now they are everywhere, or so it would seem, Oh sure, I still get the questions and looks, but some of the magic is gone. Oh well, on the bright side now My little girl may have someone new to play with. We'll See .....
    p.s. I now know not to read my wife's romance novels
    Now Playing . . . "ROMANCING THE SYPDER"

Ahhhhh . . . goes Hollywood!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Re: TWO FIRSTS TODAY...

I bought mine late last summer and got more looks than a 25 cent peep show. I was the only one in town and people were staring at me like I was an alien spaceship. Dogs barked and little children ran and hid behind their momma's skirts. Now they are everywhere, or so it would seem, Oh sure, I still get the questions and looks, but some of the magic is gone. Oh well, on the bright side now My little girl may have someone new to play with.
    I have to say I don't get anywhere near the amount of questions I used to. Must be losing my rock star status

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

The way you were describing the meeting of your mutual 's sounded like you all were going to get to the middle of the intersection and procreate!!! (Mood music: The Beatles - Why Don't We Do It In The Road)

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Illinois Boy View Post
    The first question that needs to be asked is: What gear are you in when you get the vibrations?

If you don't mind... let us know.
    I was in 4th gear going about 60ish. One time i went to 5th and it dropped below 5000. Didnt notice but vib came at the same place about 5100 rpm. goes away at slightly higher rpm though. It was just annoying because of the road I couldn't do much more and that (vib spot) is just where I needed to be most of the time

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I was in 4th gear going about 60ish. One time i went to 5th and it dropped below 5000. Didnt notice but vib came at the same place about 5100 rpm. goes away at slightly higher rpm though. It was just annoying because of the road I couldn't do much more and that (vib spot) is just where I needed to be most of the time
    Well, it seems you are in the correct gear for that speed.

Occasionally mine will vibrate at that speed, gear, and RPM also. Fortunately for me it isn't a constant situation at those points, and depends on the road, its grade (up or down), or whether I am keeping some throttle-pressure going -- versus cruising at those points. Windy days can also bring out the vibration on mine -- especially if we are fighting against it.

If it is constant for you at those points, then you may have other issues to contend with (i.e., belt-tension, or even motor mounted slightly out of line, which has occasionally been known to be the problem and is a minor fix).